Super Frank Thread

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Lampard has frozen out Alonso, Pedro, Giroud and Barkley, something fans were begging Sarri to do, especially in the formers case.

There's only so many players he can be "ruthless" with in one go.

This is true but again with Willian, Mount and Emerson especially, Frank could have used other players more when they played poorly. Might not have made a difference in some games where the others struggled but we dont know because he has played them through it. I don't think he should be so quick to freeze anybody out, especially with the ban in the summer window and towards now when theres a lot of games in the winter and you need to change it up to not burn players out/drop out of form players. January coming up is maybe a bit of a relieve if we can maybe get 1 or 2 in to beef up the quality in our 18 man squad in some positions. He has shown he is capable of adapting and learning from past mistakes so maybe once he shapes the squad a bit more in his image (although you could argue Tammy, Mason, Pulisic, Tomori are already shaping it a bit more and gave us a more youthful and fresher impetuous), he will trust some of the subs more than he has Giroud, Pedro, Barkley and Alonso at times. Or I hope he will. Sarri and Conte made this mistake a bit, continuing with out of form players at times than trusting some of the other lads who couldnt have done any worse at sometines (likes of Bakayoko, Barkley, Alonso, Willian all played through some shit periods due to a lack of rotation/trust in other squad members imo). They could have put it down to a lack or quality to swap out but it was also through stubbornness too. Football is a squad game more than ever now a days and trying to utilize 18 players throughout a season is much more effective than just 11 or 12. 

Three notable stats of ours in the league this season...

SHOTS
1. Man City (351)
2. 🔵 CHELSEA (292)
3. Liverpool (274)
4. Leicester (258)
5. Man United (248)

SHOTS ON TARGET
1. Man City (119)
2. Liverpool (108)
3. 🔵 CHELSEA (106)
4. Man United (94)
5. Leicester (92)

CONVERSION RATE
1. Liverpool (21%)
2= Leicester (20%)
2= Man City (20%)
2= Spurs (20%)
5. Wolves (17%)
9= 🔵 CHELSEA (15%)

Bloke not even given a chance of single transfer window yet. Poor fella. Too early to judge anything about his quality/skill. Give him a full season with two windows first, building the squad he wants. If he still couldn't achieve something at the end of that season, then you guys are free to judge him. Well, think he will be gone before we could say any word though, if that happened.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Three notable stats of ours in the league this season...
9= 🔵 CHELSEA (15%)

True, we have offensive football, possession but lack of maturity in the decision.
Pulisic, Tammy, Willian. The 3 are good when they are well.
But we have no alternatives to any of them.
CHO, Mount, Bats, Giroud, Pedro ... none of these have quality for Chelsea.
It's a problem. It only values more what has been done.
With these conditions we should be much worse than we are.

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Are we feeling confident that any of youngsters is going to be good enough next season to start for us? Tomori, James, CHO, Abraham, Mount? 

I trust James, Tammy and Tomori.
I have no hope in Mount or CHO.

With both market windows we have to do a smart job of bringing what we need and getting rid of what doesn't fit here.

Pedro Giroud Bats ...

We need to have better quality and a balance between youth and adults.

Spend the money very well.

9 minutes ago, BDTips said:

I trust James, Tammy and Tomori.
I have no hope in Mount or CHO.

With both market windows we have to do a smart job of bringing what we need and getting rid of what doesn't fit here.

Pedro Giroud Bats ...

We need to have better quality and a balance between youth and adults.

Spend the money very well.

Gallagher shits on Mount, that guy is a real talent, hope we get him back in January.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Two months of poor form is all its taken to give up on an 18 and 20 year old.

I wonder what Terry's thread would look like if this place existed in 1999.

in regards to CHO it is all about the injury and the effect it is having on his mobility

that is always going to be a legit area of questioning, regardless of age or previous form

I personally have not been pounding on Mount repeatedly

I do think Lampard overplays him as of late

but I am sure we will rebound

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The second Gallagher hits a rut he'd be thrown under a bus aswell.

It is crazy. Gallagher has had a very good season, but it is amazing that a slump in form then the whole brigade is out. For it to be even suggested that Gallagher is better than Mount right now, is evidence of how fickle this forum is.

3 minutes ago, Stats said:

It is crazy. Gallagher has had a very good season, but it is amazing that a slump in form then the whole brigade is out. For it to be even suggested that Gallagher is better than Mount right now, is evidence of how fickle this forum is.

Gallagher is playing in the Championship

let's seem him do it at big boy level before we start comparing him to Mount

3 minutes ago, Stats said:

You have people - or rather, someone - suggesting Barkley is better than Mount!

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

in regards to CHO it is all about the injury and the effect it is having on his mobility

that is always going to be a legit area of questioning, regardless of age or previous form

I personally have not been pounding on Mount repeatedly

I do think Lampard overplays him as of late

but I am sure we will rebound

Oh don't get me wrong I am by no means saying they don't deserve to be critisized, but writing them off when they've already shown themselves to be quality players at this level is absurd. It's hardly a Patrick Bamford case where he looked out of his depth (at PL level) from day dot.

Form is going to fluctuate with these lads at this age, Pulisic after a period of looking genuinely on Hazard's level is slowing down a bit again. At some point we will see the Mount of August and September again. 

Just now, Jason said:

Barkley needs to sold whilst we can still get good money for him

I do not see him becoming a better player out of the blue

at least not here

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

While Barkley has dropped of, it is not as absurd as suggesting Gallagher is better than Mount as he is a full England international but generally speaking, yes I agree with you. I guarantee it will take 2-3 games for CHO to pick up some form then there will be sudden calls for him to be starting regularly....

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Oh don't get me wrong I am by no means saying they don't deserve to be critisized, but writing them off when they've already shown themselves to be quality players at this level is absurd. It's hardly a Patrick Bamford case where he looked out of his depth (at PL level) from day dot.

Form is going to fluctuate with these lads at this age, Pulisic after a period of looking genuinely on Hazard's level is slowing down a bit again. At some point we will see the Mount of August and September again. 

I agree

I am more concerned about tactics atm

we are in a massive rut overall

I also think there is a true 800-pound Gorilla in the room

Kante

what is his role here

what position does he most benefit the team in

and at what point is he so much of a square peg round hole IF we continue to try and play him higher (which is an utter waste of his talents and his best role IMHO) do we start to consider selling him, as he is not getting any younger

Of course I will be burnt alive for even bringing the subject up at even the most slightest and initial levels

I find it strange that we are often overrun in MF yet we have who once was the worlds best best DMF on our team

sure Sarri got him to be more expansive, but there are 50 MFers who can go forward at the same level he does

there were NO MF'ers in the world who could utterly disrupt a game like he could, he was a force of nature

now he is hit and miss

he was atrocious against Bournemouth, it was his worst game ever for us (that I can recall)

I have zero doubts he is still the same player of 2015-2018, but we are not using him that way

if we do not, then he is a £125m luxury player for a side like ours atm

it is like taking van Dijk and forcing him to play wingback

taking Hazard and forcing him to play a false nine, oh....... wait...

:(