test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

4,425 posts in this topic

Gosh, now I have to defend Lamp. Lamp is perfectly fine. As long as we are not in danger of relegation and he play youngster he is doing a decent job. Just enjoy the ride, young manager, your team. So far, not so bad. 

I have criticised Frank quite a bit but I don't want him gone. I don't think he is ready to lead a contender and some of his decision is a bit of a head scratcher. But this season is all about our youngster especially the one from the academy. Next season is whole another ball game, depending on how much we spend I expect at least top 4 or title contention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are we feeling confident that any of youngsters is going to be good enough next season to start for us? Tomori, James, CHO, Abraham, Mount? 
Yes, Tammy and James definitely. Maybe Tomori After he is painfree.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Are we feeling confident that any of youngsters is going to be good enough next season to start for us? Tomori, James, CHO, Abraham, Mount? 

Tammy is the 2nd highest goal scorer, so I am not at all confident.

 

killer1257 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mana said:

I’m sorry but I strongly disagree. If Lampard is smart, no more “give it time” to some of these players. Enough is enough, they are not good enough. Season after season they proved the badge is too big for them.

If Lampard gives those useless players time and not get players in through January, Lamps’ neck is on the line.

Lampard has frozen out Alonso, Pedro, Giroud and Barkley, something fans were begging Sarri to do, especially in the formers case.

There's only so many players he can be "ruthless" with in one go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Lampard has frozen out Alonso, Pedro, Giroud and Barkley, something fans were begging Sarri to do, especially in the formers case.

There's only so many players he can be "ruthless" with in one go.

Frozing players out in a transfer ban? Barkely is better than Mount and Alonso is still more likely to win you a match than Emerson.

Vybz Kartel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nicco said:

Frozing players out in a transfer ban? Barkely is better than Mount and Alonso is still more likely to win you a match than Emerson.

Alonso is also as likely to lose you a game.

And barkley is shit. Take a poll and see how many wanted barkley and alonso to be frozen out, you will get the majority and your answer.

Fernando and killer1257 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Frozing players out in a transfer ban? Barkely is better than Mount and Alonso is still more likely to win you a match than Emerson.

I agree with the latter and even said yesterday we miss him in games like that but I couldn't disagree more with the former, Mason's performances before the second international break (and against Villa) are better than anything Ross has produced for us bar the Southampton and Burnley away games under Sarri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1905didierblue said:

Alonso is also as likely to lose you a game.

And barkley is shit. Take a poll and see how many wanted barkley and alonso to be frozen out, you will get the majority and your answer.

Didn't we have a stat this season that we haven't lost much or any with Alonso starting? He is shit but he would've buried the chance yesterday unlike Emerson.

Barkley is still better than Mount any day of the week, I'm not denying I want them out asap but ostracizing them outside the team during the season with no transfer period around is beyond dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nicco said:

Didn't we have a stat this season that we haven't lost much or any with Alonso starting? He is shit but he would've buried the chance yesterday unlike Emerson.

Barkley is still better than Mount any day of the week, I'm not denying I want them out asap but ostracizing them outside the team during the season with no transfer period around is beyond dumb.

WHAT? League cup united. Both goals his fault. Liverpool - lost his man on the corner. Ajax, 3-1 down and had to be subbed. But what do I know, if the stat says we have not lost, it must be so. 

If you think Barkley is better than mount, then good for you. I can only say, lets take a poll and lets see how many think so. You would have your answer. He has been pathetic every time he has taken the pitch. 

But this is not something new. I remember Hiddink saying "as much as the team loses, the youth keeps getting better". I think he meant when the team is not performing well, fans just ask for this or that youth player. Or in the current case "any player" that is currently not in the main 18. Even the likes of alonso and barkley. I guess the only reason its not giroud and pedro too is cause they got their chance against WHU and were mega pathetic. 

Fernando and killer1257 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

WHAT? League cup united. Both goals his fault. Liverpool - lost his man on the corner. Ajax, 3-1 down and had to be subbed. But what do I know, if the stat says we have not lost, it must be so. 

Liverpool we were already down when he came in and he didn't lost his man because we used zonal marking. Other two mentioned are not PL games. Soft penalty given to Utd yes but second goal has nothing to do with him and it was not important game tbh. Ajax stupid foul for third goal but Kepa should never let that go in. Lol can't believe I'm defending Alonso. But honestly Azpi and Zouma deserved more to be dropped than him. They costed us much more goals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Liverpool we were already down when he came in and he didn't lost his man because we used zonal marking. Other two mentioned are not PL games. Soft penalty given to Utd yes but second goal has nothing to do with him and it was not important game tbh. Ajax stupid foul for third goal but Kepa should never let that go in. Lol can't believe I'm defending Alonso. But honestly Azpi and Zouma deserved more to be dropped than him. They costed us much more goals. 

Was "PL" a condition too? Did not see in the previous post.

Watch the liverpool goal. No matter if we were using zonal, you still have to have a basic sense of positioning. AC is taken away by wjinaldum leaving a massive gap between someone and alonso with alonso being behind. firmino (iirc) just strolls in and scores. The goal is totally on him. Also, we were 1-0 down, but had just scored a goal which was ruled offside and were playing well. Its not like we had put in the towel. Case in point, we would have got a draw in that game had alonso done the basics right.

He has played 900+ minutes and made far more mistakes than azpi and zouma in that. Read his thread and the match threads in each of the game he played. Worst player and fans consistently calling for his head. 

The fact that his performances did not cost us cause we were flying high at that moment, compared to the current situation CAN NOT and SHOULD NOT be read as "since alonso is not playing we are losing".

killer1257 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day we have sadly too many dross ( thanks board ) and spent players. Then you add many youth, then you add a novice manager......its a sure cocktail for up and down displays.

Mana likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news is that teams usually need around 75 points to finish fourth. This season will be needed less than ever. Probably around 65. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Lampard has frozen out Alonso, Pedro, Giroud and Barkley, something fans were begging Sarri to do, especially in the formers case.

There's only so many players he can be "ruthless" with in one go.

This is true but again with Willian, Mount and Emerson especially, Frank could have used other players more when they played poorly. Might not have made a difference in some games where the others struggled but we dont know because he has played them through it. I don't think he should be so quick to freeze anybody out, especially with the ban in the summer window and towards now when theres a lot of games in the winter and you need to change it up to not burn players out/drop out of form players. January coming up is maybe a bit of a relieve if we can maybe get 1 or 2 in to beef up the quality in our 18 man squad in some positions. He has shown he is capable of adapting and learning from past mistakes so maybe once he shapes the squad a bit more in his image (although you could argue Tammy, Mason, Pulisic, Tomori are already shaping it a bit more and gave us a more youthful and fresher impetuous), he will trust some of the subs more than he has Giroud, Pedro, Barkley and Alonso at times. Or I hope he will. Sarri and Conte made this mistake a bit, continuing with out of form players at times than trusting some of the other lads who couldnt have done any worse at sometines (likes of Bakayoko, Barkley, Alonso, Willian all played through some shit periods due to a lack of rotation/trust in other squad members imo). They could have put it down to a lack or quality to swap out but it was also through stubbornness too. Football is a squad game more than ever now a days and trying to utilize 18 players throughout a season is much more effective than just 11 or 12. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three notable stats of ours in the league this season...

SHOTS
1. Man City (351)
2. 🔵 CHELSEA (292)
3. Liverpool (274)
4. Leicester (258)
5. Man United (248)

SHOTS ON TARGET
1. Man City (119)
2. Liverpool (108)
3. 🔵 CHELSEA (106)
4. Man United (94)
5. Leicester (92)

CONVERSION RATE
1. Liverpool (21%)
2= Leicester (20%)
2= Man City (20%)
2= Spurs (20%)
5. Wolves (17%)
.
.
.
.
9= 🔵 CHELSEA (15%)

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloke not even given a chance of single transfer window yet. Poor fella. Too early to judge anything about his quality/skill. Give him a full season with two windows first, building the squad he wants. If he still couldn't achieve something at the end of that season, then you guys are free to judge him. Well, think he will be gone before we could say any word though, if that happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Three notable stats of ours in the league this season...
9= 🔵 CHELSEA (15%)

True, we have offensive football, possession but lack of maturity in the decision.
Pulisic, Tammy, Willian. The 3 are good when they are well.
But we have no alternatives to any of them.
CHO, Mount, Bats, Giroud, Pedro ... none of these have quality for Chelsea.
It's a problem. It only values more what has been done.
With these conditions we should be much worse than we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Are we feeling confident that any of youngsters is going to be good enough next season to start for us? Tomori, James, CHO, Abraham, Mount? 

I trust James, Tammy and Tomori.
I have no hope in Mount or CHO.

With both market windows we have to do a smart job of bringing what we need and getting rid of what doesn't fit here.

Pedro Giroud Bats ...

We need to have better quality and a balance between youth and adults.

Spend the money very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BDTips said:

I trust James, Tammy and Tomori.
I have no hope in Mount or CHO.

With both market windows we have to do a smart job of bringing what we need and getting rid of what doesn't fit here.

Pedro Giroud Bats ...

We need to have better quality and a balance between youth and adults.

Spend the money very well.

Gallagher shits on Mount, that guy is a real talent, hope we get him back in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.