test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

940 posts in this topic

I know things can change quickly in football but right now Spurs and United look so unbelievably bad that our only threat to top 4 seems to be Leicester doing a poundland 2016 season and grabbing a top 4 place.

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I know things can change quickly in football but right now Spurs and United look so unbelievably bad that our only threat to top 4 seems to be Leicester doing a poundland 2016 season and grabbing a top 4 place.

It would be crazy if they do it again. They're outperforming their xG at the moment, according to the stats pieces.

My internal examination of Lampard is done now. The only thing that bugs me about Lampard is his stubbornness on zonal marking. Luckily, I don't think we have given Newcastle any real chance from set pieces yesterday. 

Subs were disappointing at first as well but he has improved on this.

But apart from that, this man is a rare case for me, never thought he could really handle the much pressure and he's doing the opposite. 5 straight wins in all competitions.

People were right in the beginning of the season, saying it was too early to compare Frank to Ole (although tbf Ole had a much stronger start when he came in for United), but the difference is I can see Lampard's good style of play while with Ole it was really a honeymoon phase, and it took Arsenal (and a permanent contract) to shatter it.

Sooooo Super Super Frank? :lol:

52 minutes ago, Mana said:

The only thing that bugs me about Lampard is his stubbornness on zonal marking. Luckily, I don't think we have given Newcastle any real chance from set pieces yesterday. 

:lol:

You can't play man to man when you have short player. 

Our set pieces defense has been quite decent recently since we have started to play only player who is good in the air in the middle (Alonso, Zouma, Tammy) and ask the rest of the team to block or man mark. 

Another clean sheet and that against Ajax. Does Lamps still need a new defensive coach? All these experts here in this Forum Wanted him to hire a new Coach...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Its been a good start but we still need to be cautious. Same happened with Sarri and Conte eventually although in different circumstances.

The young guys have given the squad a really big impetus and freshness but their performances will naturally be inconsistent at some point so we need to be wary and still try and not get overly excited too soon. Also have to hope the senior heads can help the team through such a thing if it happens because the some of our biggest performers this year have been Mount, Tammy and Tomori. Throw in Kova, Jorginho, Willian and Emerson as well. Sure theres a few others too who could get mentions if you eant to go into it.

Saying all that, I firmly believe we should be in the driving seat for the top 4 based on Spurs, Arsenal and United's performances and results so far. 100%. But still there will be times where things dont go our way and we will see how the guys react if this happens.

Lampard is learning from his mistakes though which is an excellent quality to have as it shows he isnt stuck to his ways completely but the zonal marking still needs sorted. Couple of clean sheets in a row too, always positive for the back line and keeper.

Like I said, so far so good but again, need to be cautious as it can just take 3, 4 or 5 bad results in a period of time to change the dynamic. 

kellzfresh and Fernando like this

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Another clean sheet and that against Ajax. Does Lamps still need a new defensive coach? All these experts here in this Forum Wanted him to hire a new Coach...

Are you going to post that every time we keep a clean sheet now? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Are you going to post that every time we keep a clean sheet now? :lol: 

Yeah it will probably be a recurring theme all season.

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Tbf it was a geniune concern throughout pre-season against a lot of dead rubber teams and then after that, the first what 3 or 4 games in competitions? I can see why people were concerned. Its not exactly the worst thing to be worried about. All good teams are built on a good defence.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Tbf it was a geniune concern throughout pre-season against a lot of dead rubber teams and then after that, the first what 3 or 4 games in competitions? I can see why people were concerned. Its not exactly the worst thing to be worried about. All good teams are built on a good defence.
It is not like we were Rock solid last year either. It just needs some time to implement the training concepts into the pitch.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah it will probably be a recurring theme all season.

It'd be silly to keep bringing it up. As you said, we had massive defensive problems earlier this season. Up till the recent Brighton game, we had kept only 1 clean sheet - and that was in pre-season - and were giving away really silly goals. It's only natural people were (still are?) worried about it. Recent improvement has been encouraging to see and long it may continue!

OneMoSalah and Supermonkey92 like this

Are you going to post that every time we keep a clean sheet now?  
Just to showcase how wrong these experts were again. But I will stop for now and wait til the end of the Season and then remind the experts what they initially wanted

Just now, killer1257 said:

Just to showcase how wrong these experts were again. But I will stop for now and wait til the end of the Season and then remind the experts what they initially wanted

You're making it out as if people committed a crime asking Lampard to hire a defensive coach. Nothing bad or wrong with debating about asking for help when there's an issue, especially when the defensive issue we're talking about goes back to Lampard's time at Derby as well. It wasn't as if people were asking for a change in manager! 

Supermonkey92 and communicate like this

14 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

It is not like we were Rock solid last year either. It just needs some time to implement the training concepts into the pitch.

Statistically we had the 3rd or 4th best defence last season. We werent rock solid but we werent as bad as we were the first wee while under Frank either and thats the truth.