Super Frank Thread

It would be quite odd to see a central midfielder being the top scorer of one club,it is not really common to see.

Not a bad thing at all though, there isn't many players like Lampard, he's a machine. I always remember Drogba saying 'I don't care what anyone says, he is a striker' haha. If I remember correctly, it was on the Super Frank DVD.

depends if he keeps playing well, hopefully he does. Today he showed how well him and Mata are at working with each other, they switch positions and were good when doing it, we might do very well this season if we keep playing like this.

I think winning the CL and becoming the clubs top scorer would be nothing less than he deserves, I hope to see him do both. He is already the clubs biggest legend in my eyes just in front of ossie and franco but to finish his career here as all time top goal scorer FROM MIDFIELD would be a fitting end for one of the clubs greatest servants.

I think winning the CL and becoming the clubs top scorer would be nothing less than he deserves, I hope to see him do both. He is already the clubs biggest legend in my eyes just in front of ossie and franco but to finish his career here as all time top goal scorer FROM MIDFIELD would be a fitting end for one of the clubs greatest servants.

I couldn't agree more with this. I struggle to see how another central midfielder will score so many goals in there career for such a consistent period of time. Every year, it's suggested 'Chelsea will have to adjust to Frank Lampard surely not being able to get to 20 goals again this season' but once again we are only 10 games in to a more than likely 50-55 games season and he already has 5 goals. I think Lamps will be around Kerry Dixon's total come the end of this season and hopefully be within 8-10 of Bobby Tambling's.

One of the most satisfying things about yesterday also was his general midfield play. I felt that since his injury he had been playing within himself at times and contributing to the midfield slowing play down which was evident last season. However, yesterday he seemed to play with much more purpose and directness. He linked well with the likes of Meireles and Mata, and the one touch passing between himself and Drogba for his third goal was sublime.

The pressure AVB has placed on his position in the team seems to be bearing fruit...

He could well be, though. Another ten this year, and then ten the season after and he'll be at 200. Wow. And to think I was never that enamoured when we signed him :lol:

He scored 29 the season we won the double. And it's only October and he has 5 already. And with the attacking football that we are playing I wouldn't bet against getting his 200th goal this season. But for that he will have to score 30 this season

Last yer they said lampard wasn't great n yet he scored 13 in 32 after missing half the season.

Champions League final winner against Barcelona = 200th Chelsea goal? It is still a possibility

I have every faith Frank will be our best scorer ever. He has already made it clear that he doesn't have retirement on his mind anytime soon. Though imo he doesn't need to score any more goals to be our best ever player, he's already there.

Lets See

At West Ham:

---He is Fat

---He is in team because of his Dad

At Chelsea:

---He scores Deflected Goals

---He scores alot of penalties

---He has better players around him

--- He is Old

----Stevie G is the best and deserves place ahead of Lampard (even if his last good performance came in 2008-09 season...Thats 3 seasons back.)

---- I wonder whats next.