test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

4,441 posts in this topic
Just now, ZaynChelsea said:

If you see the similarities between Spurs and us, I‘m sorry.

I don't but it still doesn't make that post any less funny. :lol: 

1 hour ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Stop it with Arteta. They can play it out at the back but that‘s it. There is nothing about Arsenal that scares me and Arteta is just too much hype. Brutally overrated.

The thing is...unfortunately we seem to struggle to beat Arteta so far. Hopefully this changes this season but I doubt it if we continue to concede the way we have been doing.

Yes we won our first encounter, but that was Arteta's first home game in charge and even then it took a slice of luck to win it.

Do I think Arteta is going to finish above us? I don't know. That's the problem. I should say no he won't, but I'm not too sure now simply because of Lampard and this team keep disappointing me with these results.

On paper we should be above them, but just going on paper is never the case.

ZaynChelsea likes this

31 minutes ago, Mana said:

The thing is...unfortunately we seem to struggle to beat Arteta so far. Hopefully this changes this season but I doubt it if we continue to concede the way we have been doing.

Yes we won our first encounter, but that was Arteta's first home game in charge and even then it took a slice of luck to win it.

Do I think Arteta is going to finish above us? I don't know. That's the problem. I should say no he won't, but I'm not too sure now simply because of Lampard and this team keep disappointing me with these results.

On paper we should be above them, but just going on paper is never the case.

If you want to bring up the "slice of luck" with The Emirates what about the fact they picked up a point at SB due to Kante slipping and a speculative shot bubbling in during a match they were otherwise camped in their own 3rd?

Not sure I can even take him seriously after all these crazy team selection mistakes he repeats all over again...

53 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If you want to bring up the "slice of luck" with The Emirates what about the fact they picked up a point at SB due to Kante slipping and a speculative shot bubbling in during a match they were otherwise camped in their own 3rd?

We should be beating Arsenal and Arteta comfortably. We haven't been. That's the point I'm getting across. 

A quick note re the defense.

Villa were the 2nd worst defense in the league last season and now with a new keeper addition are arguably the best with the same defenders, Liverpool (previously the world's best defensive unit) have declined to a parody since Alisson has been crocked even with VVD.  

I think people underestimate the difference Mendy will make if he's as much as competant. No it won't suddenly make us flawless before anyone says it but he will make a huge difference.

The Skipper and Magic Lamps like this

Think Roman and the board would be lining up replacements if that were to happen. 

Our spending this season is heavily reliant by finishing in the top 4 regularly. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

A quick note re the defense.

Villa were the 2nd worst defense in the league last season and now with a new keeper addition are arguably the best with the same defenders, Liverpool (previously the world's best defensive unit) have declined to a parody since Alisson has been crocked even with VVD.  

I think people underestimate the difference Mendy will make if he's as much as competant. No it won't suddenly make us flawless before anyone says it but he will make a huge difference.

OR maybe, they are defending better. Villa have allowed only 30 shots inside the box, which is the 7th lowest so far this season, and their xG conceded is 4.07, which is the second lowest so far this season.

0007, The Skipper and kellzfresh like this

1 minute ago, Jason said:

OR maybe, they are defending better. Villa have allowed only 30 shots inside the box, which is the 7th lowest so far this season, and their xG conceded is 4.07, which is the second lowest so far this season.

Yeah but what's the more likely conclusion, Martinez has made a difference or Dean Smith has suddenly become a good defensive coach? Martinez isn't even making that many saves compared to Arsenal at the back end of last season but you can hear him shouting and organizing. Hopefully Mendy has a similar effect and the early sample size (1 conceded in his 2 games and i think only 3 saves needed to be made outside of that) is promising. Mendy, like Martinez, could shave of a high number of goals just by the fact the defense trust him more.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah but what's the more likely conclusion, Martinez has made a difference or Dean Smith has suddenly become a good defensive coach? Martinez isn't even making that many saves compared to Arsenal at the back end of last season but you can hear him shouting and organizing. Hopefully Mendy has a similar effect and the early sample size (1 conceded in his 2 games and i think only 3 saves needed to be made outside of that) is promising. Mendy, like Martinez, could shave of a high number of goals just by the fact the defense trust him more.

Who knows? Managers and their coaches can always work on things and look to improve their side in the off season etc. New signings can make a difference but they aren't always the solution to problems.

Guess it was the players fault Lampard didnt address the midfield issue until the 82nd minute. Something that essentially had us lose control that entire second half. 

0007 likes this

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Guess it was the players fault Lampard didnt address the midfield issue until the 82nd minute. Something that essentially had us lose control that entire second half. 

I have seen nothing that suggest Kova was injured, he was seen at SB yesterday so it was Frank decision to have two strikers and two wingers on the bench but zero midfielders. This is quite ironic considering what he said after the game.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

We should be beating Arsenal and Arteta comfortably. We haven't been. That's the point I'm getting across. 

Ok this season fair enough but last almost everyone put Arsenal above us pre season, especially after Pepe's signing.

couple of players missing does not enable us to play this poorly - we have an inherent, fundamental issue with lampard's chelsea; no attacking tactics, horrendous defense (do we even practice defending in training?), park the bus philosophy, and having bottom table teams dominate for 10 minute periods (driven by no tactics). Patience is running low with FL - if we play this way in the next 3 games I hope he's out