test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

4,742 posts in this topic
18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

AC, Kepa, Zouma, Kante and Mount all shit yesterday so add them to Alonso's replacements.

and Azpi and Jorgi

plus Puli at RW and not LW is just daft by Frank

kellzfresh likes this

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

And people seem to forget Tomori was also making a lot of silly mistakes before being dropped and it was only a matter of time before they led to goals, and lets not pretend patience would have been shown to him by supporters either.

yes, both are not good enough atm (Tomori may come good, AC will not)

Same for Zouma and Rudiger (staggeringly disappointing slide to mediocrity)

all but Tomori (I will give him a couple more years) need to go

0007 likes this

Can anyone who's super critical of Zouma point out to me, apart from yesterday's mistake, Zouma's mistakes this season? Apart from yesterday mistake he's actually almost been flawless. I don't like the narrative that he's been error prone all season when this is probably his first subpar game of the season? 

I don't understand why he's being put in the same bracket as Rudiger and Christensen. 

Milan, Azul, killer1257 and 1 other like this

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

And people seem to forget Tomori was also making a lot of silly mistakes before being dropped and it was only a matter of time before they led to goals, and lets not pretend patience would have been shown to him by supporters either.

Tomori was dropped once his performance level dipped and that is fair enough. 

But why then has Christensen not been dropped when he keeps making mistakes and it's clear that his performance level has dipped? Why has he been given so many chances compared to someone like Tomori? 

I don't buy it when a manager talks about meritocracy etc but since Lampard likes to talk about it so much, talks about creating competition in the team, then why does he continuously pick Christensen even after so many poor performances and ignore Tomori for as long as he has?

We should have really gone for a no. 6 this window. Jorgi and Kante do not work well together and somehow, they both go forward at the same time. Kante is not a pure no. 6 and Jorgi is not a no. 6 in a classical sense either.
Sadly, we so not have a no. 6 in our youth either

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Beigl likes this

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

We should have really gone for a no. 6 this window. Jorgi and Kante do not work well together and somehow, they both go forward at the same time. Kante is not a pure no. 6 and Jorgi is not a no. 6 in a classical sense either.
Sadly, we so not have a no. 6 in our youth either

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Should've kept Ampadu. 

kellzfresh likes this

29 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Can anyone who's super critical of Zouma point out to me, apart from yesterday's mistake, Zouma's mistakes this season? Apart from yesterday mistake he's actually almost been flawless. I don't like the narrative that he's been error prone all season when this is probably his first subpar game of the season? 

I don't understand why he's being put in the same bracket as Rudiger and Christensen. 

Just needs a scolding and should be back in the team imo. 

Like you said, he's probably our second best CB.

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tomori was dropped once his performance level dipped and that is fair enough. 

But why then has Christensen not been dropped when he keeps making mistakes and it's clear that his performance level has dipped? Why has he been given so many chances compared to someone like Tomori? 

I don't buy it when a manager talks about meritocracy etc but since Lampard likes to talk about it so much, talks about creating competition in the team, then why does he continuously pick Christensen even after so many poor performances and ignore Tomori for as long as he has?

Maybe because believe it or not he may actually be the better option, like when Emerson and Baba were being beautified because they weren't Alonso and Ivanovic respectively then when they got their games it turned out they were worse. I mean lets be honest if Fik didn't have that spell last September we wouldn't be blinking at him being 4th choice as most had him down as a squad player at best anyway.

Furthermore if Tomori does fall into that category (of being everybit as flawed as AC)  i'm glad he's being kept well away from the team, last thing i want to see is another one of our own treated and spoke about the way Mount is.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Maybe because believe it or not he may actually be the better option, like when Emerson and Baba were being beautified because they weren't Alonso and Ivanovic respectively then when they got their games it turned out they were worse.

No, I don't believe Christensen is the better option, not when he is repeatedly given opportunities despite his constant mistakes. 

And are you explicitly saying Tomori is worse than Christensen?

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I mean lets be honest if Fik didn't have that spell last September we wouldn't be blinking at him being 4th choice as most had him down as a squad player at best anyway.

What is your point exactly? Tomori was given an opportunity back then and he showed his qualities. Sure, he wasn't entirely perfect the whole time but he was playing his first Premier League games. Expecting perfection throughout is silly. 

Christensen plays badly but he continues to get selected. Tomori plays well (like against Liverpool, Spurs this season) but doesn't get rewarded.

Reminder that the very same players (plus David Luiz) under a different manager conceded a lot less goals and made less mistakes. Even Luiz, often mocked for his mistakes, has plenty to learn from this Chelsea. Sarcasm.
The mistakes appear to be individual and freaky, but they are not. They are systemic and consistent.

Lampard has to get a system of play and make the players master it. This way of playing possession today and hoofing the ball tomorrow is not helping the team. 

The team was committing tactical fouls in the previous match to nullify palace counterattacks, then suddenly I didn't see any of that yesterday. 

Lamps also didn't cope with the pressing from Southampton. Could have brought on Kovacic who is good on the ball under pressure, could have brought on Giroud/Abraham to help win those aerial balls from Kepa. Where is the tactical adaptability??

Lampard doesn't have much time. Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal are all playing much better and look like toppling us from the top four, even though we have spent 200mil to improve on 4th. We have 3 more teams to compete with for the champions league spots and that is worrisome with our current inconsistency 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

No, I don't believe Christensen is the better option, not when he is repeatedly given opportunities despite his constant mistakes. 

I'm not saying definitely, i'm saying there's no guarantee. People (you included IIRC) were desperate to see Emerson under Sarri because he "couldn't be worse than Alonso", and he, well, was!

3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Lampard doesn't have much time. Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal are all playing much better and look like toppling us from the top four, eventhoughwe have spent 200mil to improveon 4th. We have 3 more teams to compete with for the champions league spots and that is worrisome with our current inconsistency 

Everton i'll give but it's really annoying me Arsenal/Arteta being used as a favorable comparison. They've been rubbish under him despite the FA Cup.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

What is your point exactly? Tomori was given an opportunity back then and he showed his qualities. Sure, he wasn't entirely perfect the whole time but he was playing his first Premier League games. Expecting perfection throughout is silly. 

Christensen plays badly but he continues to get selected. Tomori plays well (like against Liverpool, Spurs this season) but doesn't get rewarded.

Why is expecting perfection silly? From what I read on here ppl are already expecting perfection because we have signed 6 first team players who have had no pre season. Remember we have spent 200 million..... PERFECT WE MUST BE apparently.

killer1257 likes this

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm not saying definitely, i'm saying there's no guarantee. People (you included IIRC) were desperate to see Emerson under Sarri because he "couldn't be worse than Alonso", and he, well, was!

I'll give you that but I'll still stand by what I said when I said I would prefer Emerson over Alonso (only comparison between the two!) simply because of the difference in athleticism and if we're talking about a back 4 system.

15 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Why is expecting perfection silly? From what I read on here ppl are already expecting perfection because we have signed 6 first team players who have had no pre season. Remember we have spent 200 million..... PERFECT WE MUST BE apparently.

tenor.gif

22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Everton i'll give but it's really annoying me Arsenal/Arteta being used as a favorable comparison. They've been rubbish under him despite the FA Cup.

If you say Arsenal have been rubbish under Arteta, then what are we?

Both we and Arsenal have picked up the same number of points since Arteta took over (42) and outside of the league, they have won more games than us as well as a trophy (or 2 if you count the Community Shield).

kellzfresh likes this

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you say Arsenal have been rubbish under Arteta, then what are we?

Both we and Arsenal have picked up the same number of points since Arteta took over (42) and outside of the league, they have won more games than us as well as a trophy (or 2 if you count the Community Shield).

Difference is we know Lampard has a way to go, Arteta's being made out to be incredible already and being used as an example as how Lampard should do things.

I mean if you think Lampard moving players is infuriating, Arteta just played Willian yes Willian upfront.

Stats likes this

LOL @ the people here laughing at Mourinho being a dinosaur and past it. He seems to have sorted out Spurs for the time being and I rate them higher atm than ourselves.

Our greenhorn isn‘t past it - he never reached it. Mourinho still won the league with us being past it. Lamps only spends without any positive outcome.

1 minute ago, ZaynChelsea said:

LOL @ the people here laughing at Mourinho being a dinosaur and past it. He seems to have sorted out Spurs for the time being and I rate them higher atm than ourselves.

Lol you've been waiting for him to get a few wins just to say that haven't you? Reminds me of the Torres cult after he scored two games running.

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Think rubbish is a strong word.

They struggled at times at the beginning but if you watch Arsenal under Emery and now the difference is night and day in terms of intensity and tempo. If that was there prior to Arteta’s appointment they would of made a better start. Also the styles so clear to see where as here I am still unsure what sort of team we are trying to be. If you want to compare the progression that we’ve made with Frank and what Arsenal have made with Arteta, theres one team who have definitely made the better progression where as we have gone backwards after a promising 3 and a bit/4 months at the start of last season. I think they will be up there as well.

Its going to be incredibly tight regardless because City, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, us and Arsenal will all be going for 4 places, be it a primary objective or a minimum requirement. I am really surprised that Everton look really really good because with Carlo last it was very similar to what Jose had with Spurs last season also. Didn't look great.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Difference is we know Lampard has a way to go, Arteta's being made out to be incredible already and being used as an example as how Lampard should do things.

I mean if you think Lampard moving players is infuriating, Arteta just played Willian yes Willian upfront.

I do think its just because of the instant change and improvement hes managed to get out of that group. Where as unfortunately we kind of went one step forward then 2 backwards, after a frustrating time with Sarri which you could argue lowered the fans expectations because it was seen as boring (although still think this style was always going to take time and you could see that with a decent CF and attacking players - much like we have signed now - that the goals would come) but really I would rather we had an identity which was clear to see and notice than being how we are right now. Which is I dont know what. Moments of quality from individuals has helped us but still very predictable.

Atomiswave and kellzfresh like this