Super Frank Thread

23 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Awww. But you can't defend the manager right? 

Surprising you are able to defend yourself and your pathetic and knee jerky opinion.

The manager can't be defended and I have done so in the past. 

This isn't an knee jerk reaction but it's a damn sure better reaction than "LOL"

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbh i didn't think of it like that, i remember we got spanked by Rafa's Liverpool when we had many players out and that was our (and one of English footballs) best squad ever.

I'm more annoyed with the lack of ideas going forward, defensively we have done well so far this season all things considered.

Exactly

Some concerns are valid specially regarding the attacking ideas, but we have to take things into consideration. Half the starting 11 against pool will be replaced, HALF!!! Do people really expect us to be playing hoof ball with puli and ziyech?

Also, we have gone toe to toe against liverpool 4 times last season. We gave them a fight in uefa cup, the game at bridge and anfield. But they came out on top. If we had played it that ways again, and such shorthanded, we were not going to be coming out of it with anything.

Also, let's be honest here. Did not we win against city at bridge after restart in a similar defensive fashion. Difference was pulisic's speed and quality. Did not see people cribbing about the attack then. Why now? If Andreas and kepa did not have their moment of horror, we would have got a win, specially how threatening Werner had looked in the 1st half.

Saying the manager is indefensible is such a stupid thing, I mean wtf.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The manager can't be defended and I have done so in the past. 

This isn't an knee jerk reaction but it's a damn sure better reaction than "LOL"

The manager can surely be defended if you have half a brain. Specially when he has almost half his starting 11 missing in pulisic, ziyech, Silva, chilwell and GK. Not rocket science. 

He can also be defended by citing man City last season as an example of a similar performance we put but got a win due to pulisic's quality. The manager would infact have been vindicated if Werner had scored those 2 goals in the 1st half. So well, the manager sure CAN be defended. It's your knee jerk and obsession with "lol" that can't. But don't let all of this get in the way of your usual cribbing and moaning.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

You aren't watching the same CFC as I am, it is shaky, it's unsure and it's very average.

Against Brighton they got in behind us once, admittedly it was an absolute sitter but still. Today, what Mane's goal and i think one shot from Wijnaldum. Not to mention we haven't come close to conceding a set piece and this is before Mendy and Thiago S slot in. As i said i'm more worried going the other way, we've looked short of real ideas.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Nonsense. We were not in control of the game.

Also you just admitted we are still a one man team. Werner this, Werner that. Just like Pulisic last season. And Hazard prior.

I don't agree with @Puliiszola that we'd have for sure got the win (though we may have with a Werner, Kai or even Mount moment) but we didn't look like conceding.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Nonsense. We were not in control of the game.

Also you just admitted we are still a one man team. Werner this, Werner that. Just like Pulisic last season. And Hazard prior.

You don't need to be in control of the game to win. Tell me a Liverpool chance in the first half? Go ahead, I will wait. There were fucking none. 0. Understand? We were far more of a threat on the counter than they were. So there is nothing remote to "nonsense" here.

Let Klopp play without salah (pulisic), mane (ziyech),  vvd (Silva), alisson (Mendy), Robertson (chilwell), and see what happens to that team. Do they rally around their one remaining world class threat or do they trust the ox or shaqiri to play that way specially when playing city. So us being dependent on Werner in attack has a lot to do with the missing personnel in the current 11 at the moment. 

Just now, Puliiszola said:

The manager can surely be defended if you have half a brain. Specially when he has almost half his starting 11 missing in pulisic, ziyech, Silva, chilwell and GK. Not rocket science. 

He can also be defended by citing man City last season as an example of a similar performance we put but got a win due to pulisic's quality. The manager would infact have been vindicated if Werner had scored those 2 goals in the 1st half. So well, the manager sure CAN be defended. It's your knee jerk and obsession with "lol" that can't. But don't let all of this get in the way of your usual cribbing and moaning.

Well technically he still had other options. He could have played Werner on the left with Giroud upfront? Or Callum on a wing and Havertz more centrally, its not as if  Havertz, Mount, Callum and Werner are restricted to having being used in one position. I feel like the selection of not playing any natural wingers although due to unavailability with Ziyech and Pulisic, limited us going forward. Even if he picked Giroud today with Werner off the left and one of Havertz or Mount on the right hand side, that would of worked better for how we tried to play at times when were just hooking it up to Werner. There's plenty of variations he could of gone for still but he went for what looked like a false 9 at times and it didn't work because we played on the counter attack. False 9 is effective in a position based team but if your playing on the counter or want to go more direct in my eyes you need to go something more.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Well technically he still had other options. He could have played Werner on the left with Giroud upfront? Or Callum on a wing and Havertz more centrally, its not as if  Havertz, Mount, Callum and Werner are restricted to having being used in one position. I feel like the selection of not playing any natural wingers although due to unavailability with Ziyech and Pulisic, limited us going forward. Even if he picked Giroud today with Werner off the left and one of Havertz or Mount on the right hand side, that would of worked better for how we tried to play at times when were just hooking it up to Werner. There's plenty of variations he could of gone for still but he went for what looked like a false 9 at times and it didn't work because we played on the counter attack. False 9 is effective in a position based team but if your playing on the counter or want to go more direct in my eyes you need to go something more.

Did not we go the Giroud route thrice last season and lose each time? 

He wanted to attack on the counter and with speed. Given the way the first half minus Andreas' red panned out, do you think the plan was not working?

CHO could have been played, but the way I saw it, with mount, we were in a 4-4-2 with mount-jorginho-kante-kova defending and created a very disciplined bank of 4. Which also gave Werner the freedom to create havoc. Kai did link up the play decently well. The only thing missing was the finish. Let's be honest, we SHOULD have been 1-0 up by 44th minute. 

FL tried something different from his learnings in the 4 meetings with pool last season. I think given that + the sheer quality of missing personnel, his game plan was working quite well. 

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

When Andreas fouled Mane to get the red card. There, that's one chance.

Klopp would not be a coward without those players. He would give it a go. That's the difference.

So that "hoof ball" to mane was a chance? But our chances were shit? 

Great for Klopp. Would love to see another 5-0 drubbing off him by city then. 

6 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

CHO could have been played, but the way I saw it, with mount, we were in a 4-4-2 with mount-jorginho-kante-kova defending and created a very disciplined bank of 4. Which also gave Werner the freedom to create havoc. Kai did link up the play decently well. The only thing missing was the finish. Let's be honest, we SHOULD have been 1-0 up by 44th minute. 

You’re just taking the piss now. Create Havoc? Are you mad? It was Werner vs Liverpool’s back line the entire game. No other support. 

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Not impressed Frank.

It's early doors with time to improve but stop sucking Mount off. 

As i said on his thread Mount is similar to Pedro in the sense of give him a structured attack to play with he'll perform but he's not one who will be the shining light in an (attacking) shitshow like Willian was or Werner is.

Never would we have conceded with 11 men on the pitch. The one frustrating thing here is this inferiority complex we have, and AC and Kepa in particular, when it comes to playing Liverpool we always manage to lose in creative ways. Conceding stupid long rangers or set pieces. Now we looked defensively well organized and then shot our selves in the foot. Both ac and Kepa should have anticipated th trajectory of that ball way better.

We other is the mount love in. He is useless. Maybe CHO is too. But if so at least try Giroud and play Werner on the wing ffs. Mount on the Wing has to stop 

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Doesn't matter if it was a "hoof ball". It was still a chance, and if Andreas didn't foul him, it was a 90% chance that Mane would have scored.

Great. Then it proves my point. We created more chances than them. Simple as that. So what makes you think we could not have won the game in a 11v11, and what is so nonsensical about that?

20 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Half his starting 11 are you a laugh lad? 

Stop giving me if Werner did that and did that, he didn't and we didn't. My obsession isn't you and your LOL's but as we know that isn't a response and maybe you have learnt from that, my problem is that we are negative, lifeless and playing shite.

And by the way, I will moan, crib and call people out but I will explain it and back up my case.....easy.

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You’re just taking the piss now. Create Havoc? Are you mad? It was Werner vs Liverpool’s back line the entire game. No other support. 

He's on drugs him I'm sure of it, or it's Henrique in disguise....absolute head full of magic.