Super Frank Thread

Teams with worse defenders than us have defender better as a unit than us. 
Give me examples. Because the teams you think of probably play defensive football.

Rüdiger and AC played a good game against City because the whole team was playing defensive. When we have to win games and Rüdiger and AC have to move more forward, you see their horrible moments

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Could care less about what Klopp and Guardiola do. The point is defensive issues has been a problem for Lampard since last season and when you listen to his post-match comments, it is concerning. Every time, he'll almost just brush off the issues like they are nothing and/or blame it on something else. He's almost showing the same negligence or ignorance towards defending like Brendan Rodgers did at Liverpool. Poor defending issues will be Lampard's downfall as a manager if he doesn't sort it out. 

He brushes it off cos he is constantly grilled about it. Lampard will become a top manager. he has the right philosophy, attitude, professionalism and understanding of the game. (I still think he would be better suited to a technical director role tho)

Anyway, if we had been successful with our bids to sign VVD and Alisson we would even be having this conversation. No manager in the world can be successful with defenders this bad at this level.

8 hours ago, Henrique said:

Luiz was by far our best CB. It speaks loud about our lack of quality at the defense.

He was not. Rudiger was much better last season. 

https://www.talkchelsea.net/videos/video-david-luiz-at-fault-for-64-of-chelseas-conceded-goals-this-term/

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Give me examples. Because the teams you think of probably play defensive football.

Rüdiger and AC played a good game against City because the whole team was playing defensive. When we have to win games and Rüdiger and AC have to move more forward, you see their horrible moments

Still no excuses. Last season we had 3rd best defense in the league. 

Now 10 teams conceded less goals than us. 

I don’t get this as our defence is still getting exposed anyway. Especially with the Rudi/Chris pairing.
I think that AC and Rüdiger is our worst possible CB combination. I liked Tomori and Zouma the most

I disagree. You just have to look at how Rüdiger defended the goals we conceded after half time. Luiz and Rüdiger both looked clueless.

Rüdiger is still a good one vs one defender but he lacks football IQ, so that is why he fuckes up so much. I have been saying this since last season. Just read my comments on Rüdiger thread

Can someone explain to me why Lampard is trying that horrible combo? No more “it’s a rookie mistake!” excuses because these type of decisions cost us 3 points and cost us a CL place.
He has GOT to stop this BS. It’s not working and it’s killing us.
I agree and Lamps has to stop this Barkley BS.
Also, Kante as a no. 6 is a horrible option.

Lamps needs to find his football philosophy. He had one with Jorgi and Billy as no. 6 and now he went to Mourinho/Conte style of play, which it really does not suit him. Guys like Pep and Klopp can't play the way Conte or Mourinho play

Its very concerning this, I will gladly give him time but there are red flags looking right at us here. We still dont know our best 11, we chop and change in every game, horrible organization, in most games we do not defend as a unit at all, cant defend at all. THis is a matter of not being coached right and its clear FL does not take defending seriously, as Jason said his Derby was just as fucked up. Its worrying cuz you cant do shit if you cant defend properly and the basics right.

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

If you think teams only defend well because they play defensive football, then it is pointless having this discussion. :chai:

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

He brushes it off cos he is constantly grilled about it. Lampard will become a top manager. he has the right philosophy, attitude, professionalism and understanding of the game. (I still think he would be better suited to a technical director role tho)

He will become a top manager once he knows to organize a defence. We have largely the same group of players as last season and we look even more porous. 

Lampard has the right philosophy and understanding? That is debatable since the restart. Tomo has mentioned about the philosophy bit and if Lampard really has understanding of the game, he wouldn't be trying to shoehorn Kante into the XI for the sake of it. 

19 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Rüdiger and AC are as bad as Mustafi.

Rudi was such an awesome unit under Conte, fast resolute physical etc. Arsenal have been in turmoil all fucking season with overall worse defenders, yet we have conceded more, that is unacceptable.

Rudi was such an awesome unit under Conte, fast resolute physical etc. Arsenal have been in turmoil all fucking season with overall worse defenders, yet we have conceded more, that is unacceptable.
Rüdiger was played with AC and Azpi in a 3 man defense and there was also Kante in front of them. Rüdiger is a good 1 vs 1 defender, but he does not have the football IQ to lead the defense. So his positional awareness and football IQ in general is not great. Also, he never ever had any decent ball playing skills. That is the reason why I started criticizing Rüdiger last season and nobody noticed what I saw. Now, people are saying he is not good enough.

For me, Zouma is the better defender. He may not be a leader, but at least he performs and apart from technical mistakes he made this season, he played okay from a defensive point of view.

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Rüdiger was played with AC and Azpi in a 3 man defense and there was also Kante in front of them. Rüdiger is a good 1 vs 1 defender, but he does not have the football IQ to lead the defense. So his positional awareness and football IQ in general is not great. Also, he never ever had any decent ball playing skills. That is the reason why I started criticizing Rüdiger last season and nobody noticed what I saw. Now, people are saying he is not good enough.

For me, Zouma is the better defender. He may not be a leader, but at least he performs and apart from technical mistakes he made this season, he played okay from a defensive point of view.

Not only that mate but they were managed much better, Conte worked around their weaknesses, making sure we move as a unit etc. Im very much looking forward what lineup Lamps will go for this time, surely he aint gonna persist like this. Play Jorgo KOva and Mount, bring Zouma in, start with Giroud. We'll see.