test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

4,630 posts in this topic

Nahh FL deserves credit have he set the team up these last 2 games and how solid we have been. Lightning fast too which is in our dna. Keep this up, grab that fucking CL spot and its all good......the Club has to back him then.

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

One good thing I must say and I don't think this has been mentioned is that Lampard hasn't moaned much about the injury problems we have had, especially of late! He just look at the options we have - from the first team and academy - and try to put together a competitive squad out there for matches. It's night and day compared to what someone like Mourinho is doing at Spurs. Two key players out and he has been moaning like it's the end of the world, he can't do much more etc. Hasn't even tried to look into Spurs' academy for options. Imagine the BS he would do if he's in Lampard's position right now!

Conte aswell, he wouldn't have let us leave our box in the cup game against Liverpool.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

One good thing I must say and I don't think this has been mentioned is that Lampard hasn't moaned much about the injury problems we have had, especially of late! He just look at the options we have - from the first team and academy - and try to put together a competitive squad out there for matches. It's night and day compared to what someone like Mourinho is doing at Spurs. Two key players out and he has been moaning like it's the end of the world, he can't do much more etc. Hasn't even tried to look into Spurs' academy for options. Imagine the BS he would do if he's in Lampard's position right now!

For Troy Parrott at present, he has to be considering his future. Yes he's only just turned 18 years old and obviously has a lot to learn and develop but he has already been capped by the Republic of Ireland.

If he can't get a game at present when Spurs have no fit first team strikers, and keeps hearing Jose Mourinho talk about no options in press conferences, you have to wonder if he'll ever get chances under him. He's not even making the bench in some games.

Lampard has placed faith and belief in a player in a similar circumstance and is reaping the rewards whilst Spurs continue to falter.

11Drogba likes this

4 hours ago, Jason said:

One good thing I must say and I don't think this has been mentioned is that Lampard hasn't moaned much about the injury problems we have had, especially of late! He just looks at the options we have - from the first team and academy - and try to put together a competitive squad out there for matches. It's night and day compared to what someone like Mourinho is doing at Spurs. Two key players out and he has been moaning like it's the end of the world, he can't do much more etc. Hasn't even tried to look into Spurs' academy for options. Imagine the BS he would do if he's in Lampard's position right now!

To be fair on Mourinho, he had used Skipp and Parrott from their youth academy.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

One good thing I must say and I don't think this has been mentioned is that Lampard hasn't moaned much about the injury problems we have had, especially of late! He just looks at the options we have - from the first team and academy - and try to put together a competitive squad out there for matches. It's night and day compared to what someone like Mourinho is doing at Spurs. Two key players out and he has been moaning like it's the end of the world, he can't do much more etc. Hasn't even tried to look into Spurs' academy for options. Imagine the BS he would do if he's in Lampard's position right now!

Tbf, losing your only two striker is very difficult. Imagine if we have to play Michy till the end of the season or in Spurs case, we have to play mount as striker. 

23 minutes ago, communicate said:

Tbf, losing your only two striker is very difficult. Imagine if we have to play Michy till the end of the season or in Spurs case, we have to play mount as striker. 

I know Spurs fans still have issues with the way he sets them up, even considering their injuries. 

6 hours ago, Mana said:

To be fair on Mourinho, he had used Skipp and Parrott from their youth academy.

Define "used" here. If we're talking about Mourinho just giving them minutes, then sure he has. But if we're talking about Mourinho actually integrating them into the first team and making good use of them, then no.

In Mourinho's 25 games at Spurs, Skipp and Parrott have played only 200 and 30 minutes respectively. That's like him just handing out some minutes so that he can say "Who says I don't play young players?". 

manpe and bigbluewillie like this

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Still no excuse for Mourinho to moan all the things he has and basically do nothing to try and work around the injuries. 

Our recent game against Spurs is a good example of how both managers work around problems. We had injuries, had been in inconsistent form and yet Lampard still set us up to play on the front foot and take the game to them but Mourinho set Spurs up to sit back and defend with a back 5 and launch hopeful long balls for Bergwijn, Moura etc to chase and make something of it. 

Fernando, Tomo and bigbluewillie like this

8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

For Troy Parrott at present, he has to be considering his future. Yes he's only just turned 18 years old and obviously has a lot to learn and develop but he has already been capped by the Republic of Ireland.

If he can't get a game at present when Spurs have no fit first team strikers, and keeps hearing Jose Mourinho talk about no options in press conferences, you have to wonder if he'll ever get chances under him. He's not even making the bench in some games.

Lampard has placed faith and belief in a player in a similar circumstance and is reaping the rewards whilst Spurs continue to falter.

Only the other day Mourinho said Spurs fans don't even know what Parrott look like amid all of the clamoring for him to play. :lol: 

Superblue_1986 likes this

That sort of approach has been welcomed by supporters, like Martyn Berridge, who has been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and views Chelsea as a "work in progress".Chelsea are 34 points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool

"There has been no discontent," he told BBC Sport. "Everyone realises Lampard is doing a great job with what he's got and it's so refreshing to see so many young players coming through. That's evident from all the fans who sit around me in the Shed End.

"If we win the FA Cup and finish fourth, it would be an absolutely fantastic season."

Fellow fan Rod Hood added: "I had no expectations for anything this season. I'd have been happy with relegation because I believe we could have come back from that.

"I did expect we'd buy someone in January but what has impressed me most is the academy players coming through. It's all well and good buying success, but you have to build success too and the problem with Chelsea is there has been no continuity.

TAKE THAT YOU KNOCKERS AND HATERS

Fernando and killer1257 like this

15 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Fellow fan Rod Hood added: "I had no expectations for anything this season. I'd have been happy with relegation because I believe we could have come back from that.

Yeaaaah, no. If Lampard relegated us, he'll be out the door (in fact he'll be out before the season ends), so this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Not to mention this will seriously damage the club financially.

ZaynChelsea and Tomo like this

13 minutes ago, Mana said:

Yeaaaah, no. If Lampard relegated us, he'll be out the door (in fact he'll be out before the season ends), so this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Not to mention this will seriously damage the club financially.

I wouldn't expect anything else from you.

You have the ability to turn success, by that I mean turn our fortunes around, into defeat.

5 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I wouldn't expect anything else from you.

You have the ability to turn success, by that I mean turn our fortunes around, into defeat.

How is getting relegated a success? Cut out the fecking BS.

A 4-0 win against Everton has drove some Lampard-fanatics in to extreme territories!

ZaynChelsea likes this

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Still no excuse for Mourinho to moan all the things he has and basically do nothing to try and work around the injuries. 

Our recent game against Spurs is a good example of how both managers work around problems. We had injuries, had been in inconsistent form and yet Lampard still set us up to play on the front foot and take the game to them but Mourinho set Spurs up to sit back and defend with a back 5 and launch hopeful long balls for Bergwijn, Moura etc to chase and make something of it. 

I didn't watch the game so I can't give much opinion. I am not biggest Mou fan but I have sympathy for his situation. 

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

That sort of approach has been welcomed by supporters, like Martyn Berridge, who has been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and views Chelsea as a "work in progress".Chelsea are 34 points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool

"There has been no discontent," he told BBC Sport. "Everyone realises Lampard is doing a great job with what he's got and it's so refreshing to see so many young players coming through. That's evident from all the fans who sit around me in the Shed End.

"If we win the FA Cup and finish fourth, it would be an absolutely fantastic season."

"I did expect we'd buy someone in January but what has impressed me most is the academy players coming through. It's all well and good buying success, but you have to build success too and the problem with Chelsea is there has been no continuity.

TAKE THAT YOU KNOCKERS AND HATERS

I agree with the first statement, not relegation. Lol. 

Anyhow it's what I said my expectations for this season was 7 to 10th. 

So far Lampard has gone way beyond my expectations. Especially with the youth which is what I wanted since the first time Carlo was here. We wasted so much money to get a coach for that, that in the end it was one of our own ex players that did that. 

In the end Lampard has done an excellent job. 

57 minutes ago, communicate said:

I didn't watch the game so I can't give much opinion. I am not biggest Mou fan but I have sympathy for his situation. 

Bless you.

People would have sympathy for Mourinho if he had tried everything (e.g. playing Parrott) and nothing is working. Instead, the second Son got injured as well to go with Kane's injury, he started moaning and giving excuses, like it's the end of the world. It's predictable and tiresome. Mourinho 1.0 would probably be ashamed of Mourinho 2.0. 

Fernando and bigbluewillie like this

I also believe that the young Mourinho would laugh abt the current Mou.

With regard to our changes in the dugout, it is great to see an ex player lead the youngsters. However, you can't really argue with the hire & fire mentality we established in the club. It paid off well concerning our trophy cabinet.