Super Frank Thread

55 minutes ago, milka said:

rgh1580842782b.jpg

LOL, as Vesper said that shit will barely cover Sancho, if that is to be the truth then we are fucked.

28 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

LOL @people defending Conte.

Conte has been an arrogant prick shitting on everything our club stands for. He had his agenda and did fuck all for us but promote his ego.

Good riddance. Don‘t even compare him with a legend like Lampard.

If Conte has shat all over Chels then what do you call Sarii and his comments about us after he got the Juve gig? Now thats shitting asll over Chels, At least Conte thanked us all and was passionate about it.

Conte’s statement in full:

“I would like to thank all of my friends at Chelsea Football Club for their hard work and support over the past two seasons which enabled us to win the Premier League and FA Cup together.

“To the players, whose talent and commitment was so important to our successes, I thank them for everything. It has been a pleasure working with them every day.

“To my staff, who always worked so hard, I must say thank you and well done for their professionalism and dedication throughout.

“I have enjoyed my time in England and London so much and I want to thank the Chelsea fans who have been amazing to me and my family.

“It was fantastic for me to be able to share my emotions, passion and enthusiasm throughout two unforgettable seasons with these amazing Chelsea supporters, who will always stay in my heart.

“I hope Chelsea will continue to be successful and I wish everyone well for next season.

“I have made many memories during my time with Chelsea, which I will take with me into my next challenge.”

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

He did fuck up, but the board fucked up first and fucked up badly. He near revolutionized epl, everyone was copying us, played lovely footy. He deserved much more and got shit in exchange. Average and last sec panic buys. There is no doubt in my mind we would be much stronger had we actually backed him.

Even if they took Hazard away for him and replaced him with Townsend it was no excuse to effectively end our season by hitting the ultimate sulk, even Jose who's plight was 10x worse at the end stayed commited to the job until the moment he was fired. Regardless of the tools a manager has they are paid kings ransoms per week to get the absolute best out of what they've got.

And regarding the panic buys, if he was so outraged by them he could have told the board to keep the money until better was available given he had the best academy side for decades available to him. If he didn't want Morata he could have given Tammy a shot or even asked for Auba, if he was so outraged by Zappacosta he had James in the academy, even Mount could have been a decent squad player if he was that desperate not to sign Drinkwater.

The suits didn't cover themselves in glory that summer but that is not in anyway an excuse for Conte, he was an absolute wanker in those last month's and I love I had for him is well and truly gone.

32 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

LOL, as Vesper said that shit will barely cover Sancho, if that is to be the truth then we are fucked.

If Conte has shat all over Chels then what do you call Sarii and his comments about us after he got the Juve gig? Now thats shitting asll over Chels, At least Conte thanked us all and was passionate about it.

Conte’s statement in full:

“I would like to thank all of my friends at Chelsea Football Club for their hard work and support over the past two seasons which enabled us to win the Premier League and FA Cup together.

“To the players, whose talent and commitment was so important to our successes, I thank them for everything. It has been a pleasure working with them every day.

“To my staff, who always worked so hard, I must say thank you and well done for their professionalism and dedication throughout.

“I have enjoyed my time in England and London so much and I want to thank the Chelsea fans who have been amazing to me and my family.

“It was fantastic for me to be able to share my emotions, passion and enthusiasm throughout two unforgettable seasons with these amazing Chelsea supporters, who will always stay in my heart.

“I hope Chelsea will continue to be successful and I wish everyone well for next season.

“I have made many memories during my time with Chelsea, which I will take with me into my next challenge.”

Actions speak louder than words, if he really loved us he would have got his head down done what he was paid for and got us CL football. In January we were second, we only had to have average results from then on to make CL, but he hit self destruct and we miss out (which also indirectly started Liverpool's current dominance).

Sarri won't ever be my idol but the season he had with this squad while trying to change our football was as good as anything that could have been realistically expected, he didn't do any better because he couldn't do much if any better under the circumstances, I can accept that, but I will never accept what Conte did in those last six months, especially at City, because it was so preventable.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Barella, Sensi, Eriksen and Lukaku are tremendous signings! And none is 'stop gap'. 

And I’ll raise you Godin, Sanchez, Young, and Moses. Even worse when you look at the average age of Inter and the players Inter are rumored with under Conte. He’s looking for immediate success and doesn’t care of the precautions for the future. 

34 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

And I’ll raise you Godin, Sanchez, Young, and Moses. Even worse when you look at the average age of Inter and the players Inter are rumored with under Conte. He’s looking for immediate success and doesn’t care of the precautions for the future. 

TBF, this Inter side lack winners and it's hardly a surprise Conte decided to add a few players who have had success in their career or experienced players like those you mentioned. It's not like he went full out on getting old, experienced players only. Plus, Sanchez, Moses are only there on loan while Young is on an 18-month contract. And Godin, ironically, isn't exactly first choice in the XI. Has played like only half of the games and has been supplanted by Alessandro Bastoni, who is only 20 years old. I think the current Inter side have a good mixture of young players/players in their mid 20s and some more experienced players.

13 hours ago, Alabama said:

Your evaluation of Willian is absolutely contradictory....willian and consistency should not appear in the same line...

In the final 3rd Willian is horrid, extremely inconsistent. However outside out it, he is quite consistent. His ball retention, ball progression, pressing and track back are really consistent. 

7 hours ago, communicate said:

In the final 3rd Willian is horrid, extremely inconsistent. However outside out it, he is quite consistent. His ball retention, ball progression, pressing and track back are really consistent. 

If last weekend's starting XI at Leicester is any indication, Lampard's patience with Willian's lack of offensive output might soon run out.

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Even if they took Hazard away for him and replaced him with Townsend it was no excuse to effectively end our season by hitting the ultimate sulk, even Jose who's plight was 10x worse at the end stayed commited to the job until the moment he was fired. Regardless of the tools a manager has they are paid kings ransoms per week to get the absolute best out of what they've got.

And regarding the panic buys, if he was so outraged by them he could have told the board to keep the money until better was available given he had the best academy side for decades available to him. If he didn't want Morata he could have given Tammy a shot or even asked for Auba, if he was so outraged by Zappacosta he had James in the academy, even Mount could have been a decent squad player if he was that desperate not to sign Drinkwater.

The suits didn't cover themselves in glory that summer but that is not in anyway an excuse for Conte, he was an absolute wanker in those last month's and I love I had for him is well and truly gone.

I agree he did sulk too much but thats beacuse he felt way let down, he is a passionate man, emotional, he gives his all and expects the board to support him, I think he would have been content if we just had given him 2 of HIS players. And you want him to use a kid Tammy and James in 17-18 season? Nahh would never have worked, cant see it mate, we were freaking title winners by rocking the League. And somehow I doubt we would have given him Auba, I doubt it. Yup didnt cover himself in glory, he sure didnt, but will go down as one of the best we will ever have.

59 minutes ago, Jason said:

If last weekend's starting XI at Leicester is any indication, Lampard's patience with Willian's lack of offensive output might soon run out.

I don't think it is about his output but it made more sense to play pedro over willian across from Reece. Willian just doesn't make enough quality run to the box. However, Pedro imo is pretty much done here. 

I don't understand why Alonso is not starting on the left with Willian in front of him. This combination made sense . Let Willian sit and Alonso attack the box. 

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Actions speak louder than words, if he really loved us he would have got his head down done what he was paid for and got us CL football. In January we were second, we only had to have average results from then on to make CL, but he hit self destruct and we miss out (which also indirectly started Liverpool's current dominance).

Sarri won't ever be my idol but the season he had with this squad while trying to change our football was as good as anything that could have been realistically expected, he didn't do any better because he couldn't do much if any better under the circumstances, I can accept that, but I will never accept what Conte did in those last six months, especially at City, because it was so preventable.

Again he is very emotional character, he got it up the arse by the board and just lost it after Jan, still not good on his part yes. Sarri could do better with that squad, Conte would have done much better than him that season. We played some horrific shit....and that 6-0 lost to city felt way worse than what Conte did at city for me.

29 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I agree he did sulk too much but thats beacuse he felt way let down, he is a passionate man, emotional, he gives his all and expects the board to support him, I think he would have been content if we just had given him 2 of HIS players. And you want him to use a kid Tammy and James in 17-18 season? Nahh would never have worked, cant see it mate, we were freaking title winners by rocking the League. And somehow I doubt we would have given him Auba, I doubt it. Yup didnt cover himself in glory, he sure didnt, but will go down as one of the best we will ever have.

He brought Morata when he was originally at Juventus so was obviously a player he liked. Rudiger and Zappacosta both came from Italy so I'm sure Conte was happy to sign off on the deals (the Zappacosta one came out of the blue late in the window and was almost certainly a Conte recommendation). And not sure whether Bakayoko was his choice or not, but he certainly played him more than enough to suggest that he liked him despite consistently abysmal performances.

Maybe some of these weren't his first choice players but sometimes that's not possible. The fact is that he made references that summer to the squad being too small to play in Europe and the squad was bulked up. We went quantity over quality and it pushed us back a couple of years to the point where besides Rudiger, we're trying to offload the rest of them.

It still doesn't justify (1) how he dealt with Diego Costa, and (2) how he sulked his way through the second half of the season. He was practically begging to be sacked for the pay off. 

Loved his first season, but his second season definitely soured what I think of him.

24 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He brought Morata when he was originally at Juventus so was obviously a player he liked. Rudiger and Zappacosta both came from Italy so I'm sure Conte was happy to sign off on the deals (the Zappacosta one came out of the blue late in the window and was almost certainly a Conte recommendation). And not sure whether Bakayoko was his choice or not, but he certainly played him more than enough to suggest that he liked him despite consistently abysmal performances.

Maybe some of these weren't his first choice players but sometimes that's not possible. The fact is that he made references that summer to the squad being too small to play in Europe and the squad was bulked up. We went quantity over quality and it pushed us back a couple of years to the point where besides Rudiger, we're trying to offload the rest of them.

It still doesn't justify (1) how he dealt with Diego Costa, and (2) how he sulked his way through the second half of the season. He was practically begging to be sacked for the pay off. 

Loved his first season, but his second season definitely soured what I think of him.

He wanted Lukaku, I doubt Zapa was his ideal player, too many average and panic buys and as you said we went quantity rather than quality, big mistake. I loved Costa as a Chels, but went cunt mode and Conte had enough. He wants warriors, players that are committed, he grew tired of him, as many fans grew tired of Conte.

Conte found out this board lacks the know how to truely keep the standard going, he knew he would get fuck again had he stayed. Doesnt excuse him down tooling though. I feel he was the one to make us feared again, shame it didnt work out.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

He wanted Lukaku, I doubt Zapa was his ideal player, too many average and panic buys and as you said we went quantity rather than quality, big mistake. I loved Costa as a Chels, but went cunt mode and Conte had enough. He wants warriors, players that are committed, he grew tired of him, as many fans grew tired of Conte.

Conte found out this board lacks the know how to truely keep the standard going, he knew he would get fuck again had he stayed. Doesnt excuse him down tooling though. I feel he was the one to make us feared again, shame it didnt work out.

Conte's problem was the inability to compromise with the board. I know our board aren't the easiest to deal with at times and from the face of things at least look to ensure that managers at the club don't gain too much power and control. However Conte should have been prepared to use a couple of the younger players to fill squad needs and therefore giving more funds to spend to go for higher quality talents. The biggest question mark was that he had a 21 year old RLC around the squad in his first season, I still cannot fathom why he wasn't willing to integrate him in and not buy Drinkwater. 

I hope that Lampard is willing to compromise with the board because if he isn't it is only going to go in one direction whether we want it to or not. He has done the hardest part in integrating young players on mass this season. How these players develop over the next couple of years will be interesting and exciting to watch but at the very least all of them are capable of being squad players at worse for the club and it should have opened the doors for more academy starlets to follow suit. This eliminates the need for quantity and the board and manager together have to ensure it's all about quality being brought in this summer.

33 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Conte's problem was the inability to compromise with the board. I know our board aren't the easiest to deal with at times and from the face of things at least look to ensure that managers at the club don't gain too much power and control. However Conte should have been prepared to use a couple of the younger players to fill squad needs and therefore giving more funds to spend to go for higher quality talents. The biggest question mark was that he had a 21 year old RLC around the squad in his first season, I still cannot fathom why he wasn't willing to integrate him in and not buy Drinkwater. 

I hope that Lampard is willing to compromise with the board because if he isn't it is only going to go in one direction whether we want it to or not. He has done the hardest part in integrating young players on mass this season. How these players develop over the next couple of years will be interesting and exciting to watch but at the very least all of them are capable of being squad players at worse for the club and it should have opened the doors for more academy starlets to follow suit. This eliminates the need for quantity and the board and manager together have to ensure it's all about quality being brought in this summer.

Ohh yeah if it comes to fruition then its all dandy, but there are no guarantees. Lets see how much FL is willing to compromise, not that much it looks like given his recent press interviews. He knows this squad is no where near good enough, heres hoping he can get HIS players and not some dumped on him for ridiculous amounts.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Funny how every manager in the end realised how shitty Willian is. Happened with Conte and Sarri before. So I wouldn't be surprised... 

5 hours ago, communicate said:

I don't think it is about his output but it made more sense to play pedro over willian across from Reece. Willian just doesn't make enough quality run to the box. However, Pedro imo is pretty much done here. 

If it's not about Willian's output, if Willian is as great as you keep making him out to be, then why did Lampard not play him over CHO? 

5 hours ago, communicate said:

I don't understand why Alonso is not starting on the left with Willian in front of him. This combination made sense . Let Willian sit and Alonso attack the box. 

Just because it make sense in theory, it doesn't mean it will work in practice...