Super Frank Thread

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

But footballing gods? Bloody hell, we might as well talk about fairies and unicorns coming up to Lampard's window and spraying some magic dust on him when he's in bed at night!

Lamps needs Thor and Freyja

:ph34r:

Post imagebc38fcf1ab56bc5500c8f33bc1751342.png

4 hours ago, Mana said:

And who's fault was that? You don't quote me to argue when we are on our winning run!

More like you only post and moan when things go shit. But when things are go well, you have nothing to say. Almost as if you thrive when things are shit...

15 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

At what point exactly were 10 man Arsenal 'all over us'?! I think any team would rightly push for the second goal in that situation.

Massive mistakes were made for the goals but I don't hold Lampard accountable for them. If some of our players need hand holding to prevent such naive mistakes such as not following positional instructions at set pieces and not kicking the ball out of play for time and game management then they will not last much longer here.

Maybe not all over us yes but def looked more at ease than us. Looked composed and with a clear way of damaging us when it counts. None of us at the time thought we have this in control. That second half was some boring predicatble shit by us.....yes Lamps aint at fault for those mistakes but I didnt see him shout at them, guiding them.  Already after we scored he should have tore them a new one when he saw how we just suddenly went to sleep mode and let them off the hook, that was the first killer blow right there.

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

Lamps needs Thor and Freyja

:ph34r:

Post imagebc38fcf1ab56bc5500c8f33bc1751342.png

Fuck Thor....we need Kratos to tear these guys to pieces.

20 hours ago, Nicco said:

We aren't in the Top 4 because of Lampard, lets make that clear because some like to twist it like Lampard is doing good because of his league position, any other season and we would be outside the Top 6 easily.

That's funny because I've just looked up the table at this stage of the season in previous years dating back to 14/15 and 40 points for us in those season's at the same stage would have us in the top 6 (a position almost everyone universally agreed would be acceptable under the circumstances) and all but once firmly in the race for top four, but please do carry on....

Tbf I think its a fair point to say aeve been lucky the other teams around us havent done so well while we have struggled in recent games. To call it luck of the footballing gods is another thing.

I think if Spurs had performed better under Mourinho (as I felt they would have personally because they have the firepower) we could have been out the top 4. United we have a bit more of a chance with because they are as fucked as we are if not more so but again they seem to manage to nick points in big games bar the Liverpool one, where as we really tend to struggle in the big games, which based on how we are doing in the smaller games could determine our top 4 status this season.

I do seem to remember when we only finished 3rd under Sarri due to the 'other teams playing poorly as opposed to us doing well last season... I think it could be more the same this season if we manage it.

The people making out people are moaning about Lampard all probably moaned a lot about Jose, Conte and Sarri.... fans moaning about managers not doing well isnt exactly unwarranted, its not as if we are playing great just now and Lampard doesnt deserve the criticism from fans? 

On 24/01/2020 at 2:41 AM, Mana said:

And who's fault was that? You don't quote me to argue when we are on our winning run!

You had completely same narrative around this time last year. We finished third and won EL. So in the end it was pointless. Let's hope it's the same scenario this season. 

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

The people making out people are moaning about Lampard all probably moaned a lot about Jose, Conte and Sarri.... fans moaning about managers not doing well isnt exactly unwarranted, its not as if we are playing great just now and Lampard doesnt deserve the criticism from fans? 

Constructive critisism is fine, however there's one certain person on here that's so agenda ridden and unobjective he can't even bring himself to praise Frank for the Spurs game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11916646/chelsea-boss-frank-lampard-right-to-be-worried-about-his-sides-expected-goals-stats

Our xG numbers are hopelessly bad this season (except AWAY offensive xG). No wonder Lampard looked soooooo frustrated post-match yesterday...

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11916646/chelsea-boss-frank-lampard-right-to-be-worried-about-his-sides-expected-goals-stats

Our xG numbers are hopelessly bad this season (except AWAY offensive xG). No wonder Lampard looked soooooo frustrated post-match yesterday...

As frustrating as it is it's also something to give hope.

99% of the time when a team under or overperforms their XG/XP they revert to their medium at some point. It's accurately forecast Tottenham's downfall, that Emery's spell at Arsenal wasn't sustainable, City's rise to dominance, United's miserable end under Jose (although I guess that was obvious to anyone) amoung other things. Looking at this season's table I think it's safe to predict Newcastle will likely be relegated this season or next.

As the saying goes, it's better to be wasting chances than not creating atall. That's one of the reason's I'm not questioning Lampard yet, because the problems are mainly structural, although he does have aspects that need improving (his team selections especially).

The board is not backing him now and I think there is a good chance they will not in the summer either. Especially if we do not make the CL.

We have MASSIVE holes at CF and LB, team crushing holes, and yet they couldn't even sort out those 2 things

Yet (adding up the 4 or 5 targets that ALL assume we go for and get in summer) we know think they will drop 300m, 350m THEN?????

LOLOLOL

and that 300-350m is with us NOT doing anything in terms of GK, CB. DMF, AMF, CMF and possibly having Alonso still as a LB option

LOLOLOL

I think the board will use Frank as a shield if thing go truly fucking pear shaped (no CL and a nightmare summer 2020 window)

59 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The board is not backing him now and I think there is a good chance they will not in the summer either. Especially if we do not make the CL.

We have MASSIVE holes at CF and LB, team crushing holes, and yet they couldn't even sort out those 2 things

Yet (adding up the 4 or 5 targets that ALL assume we go for and get in summer) we know think they will drop 300m, 350m THEN?????

LOLOLOL

and that 300-350m is with us NOT doing anything in terms of GK, CB. DMF, AMF, CMF and possibly having Alonso still as a LB option

LOLOLOL

I think the board will use Frank as a shield if thing go truly fucking pear shaped (no CL and a nightmare summer 2020 window)

How has it come to this. *sigh*

On 25/01/2020 at 0:48 AM, OneMoSalah said:

Playing great no... but as far as i'm concerned he's doing ok, his first season in the EPL without any of his purchases, fourth place in the league, through to the next round of the FA cup , and last 16 of the ECL.

Then we get the constant knockers, we all know who they are, instead of getting behind the manager and team they prefer to look for the least little thing to slate Lampard, their latest is sack Lamps and appoint Pochettino ffs they want a manger in that has won fuck all in the game....great 

On 1/24/2020 at 1:54 AM, Nicco said:

Let's not pretend I wanted Sarri or Conte sacked, only this clueless rookie, has no business managing a top side, at least not yet

I was on of the people who didn't want us to hire Lamp  but so far lamp has done a very good job. This season is all about our young player. Tomori, mount, Tammy, puli and James has shown that they will be at least rotation player for Chelsea. We are also playing a more entertaining football than last season n result wise, we are in top 4 + round 16 of ucl. So he has done a very good job. 

Am I sure that Lamp is the guy who will take us back to title contention? Tbh, right now nope. But he is certainly deserved to be given chance. If he fail, at least he has done a very good job building a good base for next guy. 

Frank deserves every opportunity to succeed, it really is that simple but at the same time as being allowed to steer the ship and be allowed to do so, he must be backed, and properly.

Watching him talk the other day and state "The club know my thoughts" told me the possible struggle has started, the tug of war with the board and Frank being outnumbered. I could be totally wrong, this is just how I feel, and we are close to a complete nightmare if we miss out on top 4 if we do not bring in adequate players this month, it must happen.