test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

3,839 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, Henrique said:

It might opinion it doest matter what the expectations were before the season. Liverpool fans expected to be 25 points clear of City at this point? No. But if somehow Liverpool bottle it and City win, it will be disaster and devastating for them. Nobody would say: well, finishing 2nd behind City was considered the expected result before the season.

Before the season nobody expected us to get into top 4, but the in the real season Leicester is a top 3 side and Everton, Wolves and Sheffield are all fighting for the top 4 finish and those teams didn't spend big and they don't have better players than Chelsea. For me it completely invalidades the narrative that Lampard is overachieving and that is okay to finish outside top 4, because the season is showing that a top 4 finish was a realistic target with the current squad. Again, I'm talking about the real season, not what we thought about the season before it even started.

Wow, excellent post.

Vybz Kartel and Henrique like this

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

This argument drove me insane back in early parts of the season when people were using this. Cannot compare, you just cannot. The easiest counterpunch to this argument is that Pep and Klopp actually have CVs while Frank is empty.

Pep came to Manchester City and Klopp came to Liverpool as professional coaches in the game. They didn't come in for work experience like Lampard.

Pep/Klopp is the modern version of SAF. Years ago the argument was: "SAF stayed "X" season with United without wining a single trophy. Eventually the results came." This was used as proof that managerial stability is key to success, and that eventually the good results would always come. This argument started to die after Wenger showed us the other side of managerial stability: sometimes if you don't sack the manager, season after season he will just collect failures after failures, and it also died after United didn't show the same patience they showed with SAF back in the day: the days when United could wait 7 years for a manager to bring a big trophy are long gone.

Now Pep/Klopp are the role model, specially Klopp. People will try to see a Klopp pattern in Lampard: 1st season will be a mess, full of bad results, but in Lampard's 3th season we will be strong on Europe again, in his 4th season will win win it and will fighting for PL trophy, and in 5th season we will easily win PL breaking records in the process.

Maybe you guys should go protest outside Stamford Bridge because there certainly have not been any talks about Lampard getting the sack in the media (unlike this last season with Sarri)...

Vybz Kartel likes this

Just now, Jason said:

Maybe you guys should go protest outside Stamford Bridge because there certainly have not been any talks about Lampard getting the sack in the media (unlike this last season with Sarri)...

I think Lampard needs pressure to be put on him. He's been protected by the media so far. 

Vybz Kartel likes this

This argument drove me insane back in early parts of the season when people were using this. Cannot compare, you just cannot. The easiest counterpunch to this argument is that Pep and Klopp actually have CVs while Frank is empty.
Pep came to Manchester City and Klopp came to Liverpool as professional coaches in the game. They didn't come in for work experience like Lampard.

Guardiola won the CL without having any expierence. He just had the best team of all time. You can have a good CV and suck and you can have a no CV and be good.

In my opinion, there is not one coach that would make that team better. You can't make Willian into a World class Player. Just not possible. You can't make Rüdiger into a Ball playing World class defender with Football IQ. Not possible.
Same with Zouma. Pedro is past his prime.
Maybe Simeone would make our defense better but we would drew all the time instead of winning or losing. This is also not the way to go.

If Mou or Conte were our coaches, Zouma, And Rüdiger would also play all the time. James and Tammy would have been loaned out and Batsman and Giroud would be our main strikers.
I have seen many Chelsea Coaches making all kinds of weird decisions. Mou thought that Iva was World class back then when he cost us points all the time.
Lamps just needs some Good players. Conte Mou all had the luck to have Eden. They also had prime Cesc and Costa, who we also do not have

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I think Lampard needs pressure to be put on him. He's been protected by the media so far. 

Pressure from the media is nothing if the board remain still as they are right now. 

Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Pressure from the media is nothing if the board remain still as they are right now. 

We need a reaction from him as virtually nothing has improved. We need something. Instead of the media accepting his faults, I want to see genuine criticism and speculation over his future here because this repeating nature of errors is truly unacceptable. 

Vesper likes this

Sarri had RLC is his best days and Hazard, who is the greatest Chelsea Player of all time. Lamps does have Mount and Willian as their replacements instead. Our squad sucks. Sarri had a way better Squad. One World class Player makes a huge difference. I see that all the time when I watch Barcelona. Take Messi out of the team and that Team is garbage apart from Griezmann. Even stats show that. People forget that we were Hazard FC.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

We need a reaction from him as virtually nothing has improved. We need something. Instead of the media accepting his faults, I want to see genuine criticism and speculation over his future here because this repeating nature of errors is truly unacceptable. 

Why do you think I suggested the protest outside the stadium? :ph34r:

Cant wait for next season when we have Ziyech and a couple more signings at least. I hope the rest of this season is not going to be just as painful as this game.

9 minutes ago, nono said:

Cant wait for next season when we have Ziyech and a couple more signings at least. I hope the rest of this season is not going to be just as painful as this game.

Take the couple more signings and multiply it by 4. That is how many new signings we need to compete. 

18 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I would sack Lampard just for the new manager bounce

He continues to push for Willian's extension and start Batshuayi, that'll do it for me. 

Vesper and Atomiswave like this

He continues to push for Willian's extension and start Batshuayi, that'll do it for me. 
Should he say in front of the Media that he wants Willian to leave the club? I don't know any Coach that would be that dumb

As much as I have respect for FLs legacy as a player he has to get the top 4 or he will be out in my opinion. Mauricio Pochettino and Max Allegri are sitting there unemployed for fuck sake. He isnt invincible.

Also if Simeone came here it wouldnt be as bad as many expect. His record at Atletico is pretty much excellent and his development of younger players as well such as Koke, Saul, Gimenez, Oblak, Courtois, Rodri, Thomas among others as well as bringing the likes of Falcao, Griezmann, Turan, Godin, Filipe Luis, Costa etc onto better levels is a testament to the sort of manager he is. This season Atletico are maybe in a bit of limbo, they arent sure if he will stay or go but one or two seasons after what 8 at the club? Can hardly discredit what hes done. Theyve only lost 41 league games since the 2012/13 season. Plus we wouldnt be a soft touch with Simeone in charge either. Not saying it would happen think the club would prioritise Allegri or Pochettino ahead of him if they decided to make a change but he would be a viable option if they didnt want to come here.

Still think FL can maybe pull it back a bit with the bigger games but he has to take responsibility for underwhelmingly selection Batshuayi ahead of Giroud tonight and also seeming to have discarded Giroud as worthless since after the Super Cup match as well as other selection issues and tactical things. I am worried though. 

In the end of the day. Lampard started well, propelled by his Legendary status but as soon as things have gotten difficult... he hasn't cut the mustard. 

The next few weeks could really Mount pressure on him if he doesnt get a few wins under his belt. 

I love the guy.. but maybe it was as we expected, the job was too soon.

I hope he can last out until the summer and come into next season with a serious squad. That's when we can make a definite call on whether he is right for the job or not.