test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

2,808 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Jason said:

If we're gonna just sack Lampard after one season, when he hasn't been able to fully build his own squad and regardless of the results, then we don't deserve any manager at all. Roman should appoint Marina as the manager or better, put himself as one! The board are the prime cause for us having this mess of a squad to begin with, not the manager!

Agree, the elephant in the room is obviously Roman's incompetency but most people dont want to listen to it. Had he laid the perfect platform like what Sheikh Mansour did at City we would have dominated this decade this decade imo. Our marketing revenue is not good, we dont have a new stadium, results on and off the pitch have been disappointing for a few years now. For a billionaire with great business acumen he has failed to run the club well. Should have appointed competent people. We spend money aimlessly and have no long term strategy. 

Atomiswave likes this

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we're gonna just sack Lampard after one season, when he hasn't been able to fully build his own squad and regardless of the results, then we don't deserve any manager at all. Roman should appoint Marina as the manager or better, put himself as one! The board are the prime cause for us having this mess of a squad to begin with, not the manager!

To be honest, I'll not be surprised if this happens. The board is pathetic in a huge number of ways.

But if Lampard gets sacked after this season, hopefully that would make fans revolt. Because the board has been getting away with it for far too long.

Laylabelle and Vesper like this

"It's clear we wanted to bring players in, I certainly wanted to bring players in.

"I think I made that pretty clear over the last few weeks and it hasn't happened."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11922537/olivier-giroud-chelsea-forward-to-remain-at-stamford-bridge-according-to-frank-lampard

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

Roman couldn't even make himself manager if he wanted to.

He is banned from the UK in terms of coming here and doing ANY work/business.

He would have to manage via remote control, lololol

make a robot Roman

can a robot get a yellow card or tossed outright??? LOLOLOL

he needs to sell the team

call up Bezos

Atomiswave likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That wouldnt surprise me but be so bloody stupid. So if this is the case once again where teams are looking to build we would be manager hunting.

They need to give him a summer and support him! Not make crappy decisions that cause transfers not to happen 

30 minutes ago, Fernando said:

"It's clear we wanted to bring players in, I certainly wanted to bring players in.

"I think I made that pretty clear over the last few weeks and it hasn't happened."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11922537/olivier-giroud-chelsea-forward-to-remain-at-stamford-bridge-according-to-frank-lampard

He said his piece after the Hull game.....and now this. As I said its the same script, the same movie we are watching, the only thing different is that the star role has been changed. Same shit just different manager.

manpe, Vesper, Vybz Kartel and 1 other like this

Yep so why would others want to come in..if they dont back him in summer I hope he walks. He shouldnt get sacked he should get a window with proper backing.. otherwise be more money spent on managers 

Vesper likes this

Either we don’t bring in average players and the board are blamed or we bring in average players and the board are blamed. 

Im one of the biggest critics of our board, but I’m glad no one came in vs out. 

killer1257 and SinineUltra like this

He should work on the team and stop crying about a transfer window, we playing like trash, the team is more than good enough to get Top 4 especially that midfield.

Vesper likes this

Lampard sounding a lot like Mourinho/Conte there...
This sounds really bad. Never heard Lamps so pessimistic

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Vesper likes this

3 hours ago, Jason said:

As frustrating as it is that we did not manage to sign anyone this window, I find it bizarre Lampard has moaned so much about not signing anyone when he has also openly admitted that it's difficult to sign the right players in January. Based on the names we were linked with, it wasn't a long/great shortlist, was it? Lyon don't want to sell Dembele. Cavani had high demands and seemingly only want Atletico. Piatek unconvincing after just 1 good season. Mertens is injured and Napoli don't want to sell. The squad right now ain't great overall but has Lampard made the best use of what he has so far? Debatable, especially when almost every game raises question marks over his team selection etc. Plus, some players have been tossed aside, some flogged to death. Maybe Lampard should re-evaluate things, at how he manages the squad first before going all Mourinho/Conte in the media. New signings this month would have helped this month but it wouldn't cover the coaching flaws etc.

You are right. Based on everything we saw in media Frank only wanted backup striker this January. He has Franch number 1 striker and Belgium number 2. Klopp have only Belgium number 3 in Origi. Deschamps prefers Giroud over Dembele and many other expensive strikers... So yes, Frank should know how to use them better. And ffs try Pulisic as AM! 

Vesper likes this

7 hours ago, Jason said:

6 hours ago, Jason said:

As frustrating as it is that we did not manage to sign anyone this window, I find it bizarre Lampard has moaned so much about not signing anyone when he has also openly admitted that it's difficult to sign the right players in January. Based on the names we were linked with, it wasn't a long/great shortlist, was it? Lyon don't want to sell Dembele. Cavani had high demands and seemingly only want Atletico. Piatek unconvincing after just 1 good season. Mertens is injured and Napoli don't want to sell. The squad right now ain't great overall but has Lampard made the best use of what he has so far? Debatable, especially when almost every game raises question marks over his team selection etc. Plus, some players have been tossed aside, some flogged to death. Maybe Lampard should re-evaluate things, at how he manages the squad first before going all Mourinho/Conte in the media. New signings this month would have helped this month but it wouldn't cover the coaching flaws etc.

Lamp want a better striker than Michy. So you are talking a starter calibre striker. It is rare for any team willing to let their starting striker go unless you give them crazy money or they have release clause (Haaland case) 

Feels like today's team selection and subs were a massive middle finger to the Chelsea hierarchy sitting in the stands at the game today.

8 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Feels like today's team selection and subs were a massive middle finger to the Chelsea hierarchy sitting in the stands at the game today.

As much as the board deserve all the criticism for how the current squad has been shaped up, I think they can also turn around and ask Lampard questions. Why are we still bad at defending when you're already 6-7 months into the job? Why have you frozen Giroud out completely? Why even bother putting Batshuayi on the bench if you're not going to use him? Why have the team not been able to put a 90 minutes performance a bit more consistently?

Yes, if we had gotten a quality attacker in January, that would have been nice but it wouldn't solve our shambolic defensive issues, would it? And as I said earlier, I find it nonsense that Lampard is getting pissed off at the board for not being able to sign a striker in the transfer window. 

15 hours ago, Jason said:

If Lampard is gonna keep on making "statements" about the board not backing him rather than focus on actually improving the team - e.g. the shambolic defending!!! - then I'd find it hard to see him succeed in the long term. We don't need another manager to go all Mourinho/Conte on us while the season is still ongoing! 

MoroccanBlue likes this

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

As much as the board deserve all the criticism for how the current squad has been shaped up, I think they can also turn around and ask Lampard questions. Why are we still bad at defending when you're already 6-7 months into the job? Why have you frozen Giroud out completely? Why even bother putting Batshuayi on the bench if you're not going to use him? Why have the team not been able to put a 90 minutes performance a bit more consistently?

Yes, if we had gotten a quality attacker in January, that would have been nice but it wouldn't solve our shambolic defensive issues, would it? And as I said earlier, I find it nonsense that Lampard is getting pissed off at the board for not being able to sign a striker in the transfer window. 

If Lampard is gonna keep on making "statements" about the board not backing him rather than focus on actually improving the team - e.g. the shambolic defending!!! - then I'd find it hard to see him succeed in the long term. We don't need another manager to go all Mourinho/Conte on us while the season is still ongoing! 

Believe me, I wasn't defending Lampard with that statement. No one is blameless here.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't you get it? Lampard wanted a striker so we can go back to August/September crazy games full of goals. He is not going to solve the defensive issues. If he could do that, he would have done so MONTHS ago. So he just needs goals up front :D 

In my opinion Lampard is fully to blame for our poor inconsistent run of form. 

The moment Kante became fit and he decided to shoe horn him back in to the starting XI, was when everything changed. Jorginho+Kovacic+Mount was unplayable during that period.