test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim

Why Maurizio Sarri should’ve been sacked for jeopardising Chelsea’s future

Started by Jim,

Maurizio SarriAccording to the Telegraph, Maurizio Sarri did not attend a single Chelsea U-23 match or training session while in charge.  While reporting on Frank Lampard’s intentions with the club’s younger players, Matt Law notes how Sarri never showed such an interest, instead shunning them. Not only did he deny the likes of Ruben Loftus-Cheek and […]

View the full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone tell me if Jose or Conte attended any either? Probably not but as it is Sarri its a huge issue 🤣 lets not pretend any manager here regularly attended under 23s, its Chelsea, not Ajax. Sarri played more youngsters than anyone has in recent times in all reality... CHO played 14 matches last season, RLC played 30 games last season, Christensen 13 games. When was the last time 3 academy players played for Chelsea over 10 times each? Excluding EL games cant find those stats.

Vybz Kartel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Can someone tell me if Jose or Conte attended any either? Probably not but as it is Sarri its a huge issue 🤣 

Jose did occasionally , and made sure all the cameras were on him and he could "say the right things" about the academy players, but when "academy day" came around it was 6 minutes in a dead rubber CL group stage game for 1 player.

OneMoSalah likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lucio said:

Jose did occasionally , and made sure all the cameras were on him and he could "say the right things" about the academy players, but when "academy day" came around it was 6 minutes in a dead rubber CL group stage game for 1 player.

Yeah academy day indeed.

As much as Sarri couldve been more interested or used RLC, Christensen and CHO more often, he played them in 50 odd games between them. Thats stats from whoscored, not including the Europa League ones. Not interested in youth etc they played more than under Jose, Conte, Hiddink, Villas-Boas and whoever else. 

Sarris yesterdays news but its still increasingly embarrasing that the English media are using things like youth, when nobody else has here either 🤣

lucio and Vybz Kartel like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Can someone tell me if Jose or Conte attended any either? Probably not but as it is Sarri its a huge issue 🤣 

Antonio definitely did, plus some youth games as well.

We have to assume that the story is true and that Maurizio took no interest in the club's development squads. That amazes me. Maurizio is clearly a highly intelligent man but this was deeply unintelligent behaviour. If only for the sake of good relationships within the club, you'd take interest. If only so that you can calibrate the opinions of development squad coaches when they recommend player a, b or c,  you'd take interest. If only to avoid taking stick for not doing it, you'd take an interest. I just can't understand an intelligent man acting so much against type.

For the first time I have heard something which makes me glad Maurizio left the club.

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, manpe said:

Antonio Conte enters Chelsea Under-18's dressing room to give a victory speech after FA Youth Cup success

Conte did more than this once iirc. He also promoted more youth to train with the first team.

Fair point. Still a difference in attending and playing youth. Sarri done better than his predecessors in that regard. Ancelotti was the last manager to really try and use youth to refreshed the squad. Lampard and Morris will be inclined to do so more but if they leave or any other manager comes in and leaves after a season will their be similar headlines? Cant help but feel even more so with a British fans favourite player coming in, the media are using this as any excuse to continously mention someone who left weeks ago to go to a better and bigger job... if we thought the Napoli president was quite obsessed with Sarri, fair to say the British media are even more so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conte def gave a fuck and was more than present. It took an uproar for sarii to even contemplate using Cho etc. And he quickly found out Cho and Cheek is actually decent and can be used, so good on him for that, but before that it was the same bs one after the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

Conte def gave a fuck and was more than present. It took an uproar for sarii to even contemplate using Cho etc. And he quickly found out Cho and Cheek is actually decent and can be used, so good on him for that, but before that it was the same bs one after the other.

Perhaps but its hardly as if it was a broken tradition at the club. The fact youth isnt used here predominantly and hasnt been for 10 or 15 years isnt down to one manager. Its down to repeatedly changing managers and ripping the script up every 1, 2 or 3 years. Is it Sarris fault? Joses fault? Villas-Boas fault? No. The real people to blame are the fannies running the club with a short term mindset but the media will never write about that and will contiounously produce puff pieces praising the likes of Marina etc for 60m sponsorship deals etc. Sarri used young guys more than the other managers, if he didnt watch u23s so what? Jody Morris said before previous managers didnt watch youth games despite the pitches being not too far from the office as he put it. All the best youngsters we have are probably out on loan too so is it bad if the managers dont make time to watch them directly although we have someone at the club who does loan reports? 

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are far too many objectives and pressured obligations that a  Chelsea FC Manager needs to fulfill to even care about what the youth/development squads are doing. 

You don't come to Chelsea to build something, you come to win. If not, there's the door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps but its hardly as if it was a broken tradition at the club. The fact youth isnt used here predominantly and hasnt been for 10 or 15 years isnt down to one manager. Its down to repeatedly changing managers and ripping the script up every 1, 2 or 3 years. Is it Sarris fault? Joses fault? Villas-Boas fault? No. The real people to blame are the fannies running the club with a short term mindset but the media will never write about that and will contiounously produce puff pieces praising the likes of Marina etc for 60m sponsorship deals etc. Sarri used young guys more than the other managers, if he didnt watch u23s so what? Jody Morris said before previous managers didnt watch youth games despite the pitches being not too far from the office as he put it. All the best youngsters we have are probably out on loan too so is it bad if the managers dont make time to watch them directly although we have someone at the club who does loan reports? 

Cant disagree with much of that.....you also have the issue of pressure here. Managers know they are here to win or else you might pay for it. I wish fannies were running the Club, cuz these heads are outright incompetent in their jobs but somehow escape that famous axe. Who is gonna take the blame for this ban? Why are we so slow and shitty in transfers? We have big issues thats for sure.....or at least not run well. Our stock has come way down atm and I hope Lamps has the skills and is afforded patience to build something up......our youth will hopefuly play a decent role in that setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.