Juan Castillo

the wes

Pre-Chelsea career

Juan joined Chelsea from Ajax as a 16 year-old.

Chelsea career

Juan's Chelsea career began tentatively, being used as a bit-part player in the first half of the season as he settled into a new country and a new club. As Jody Morris began to utilise a 3-4-3 formation more often as the campaign went on, Castillo became a force as the left wing-back in that setup, turning in influential performances that helped the club towards a treble success in the Southern section, the Merit Stage, and the FA Youth Cup.

International

Juan has captained the Netherlands at Under-16 level and represented them at the European Under-17 Championships in 2017. He is also eligible to represent the Dominican Republic

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vesper said:

When will he play this pre-season? So want to see him.

Juan hasn't been listed in the squad to goto Japan. Unless there's an innocent reason for it that's disappointing. The development group have a game tomorrow. If he's in the squad for that game we'll have some information.

On 14/07/2019 at 3:41 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Turns out Juan played in the team featuring loan players, not the development team. Interesting.

yes I saw that in another thread

a loan out to an EPL team where he would play would be great, or to a Bundesliga team, or a Championship team

guess we are stuck with Alonso until the summer next year

unless we are going to use Baba or Kenedy at LB

which is never going to happen (Kenedy for sure is a noooo, I would gladly have Baba or a sold Alonso, we can still get £45m or so for him)

I want these all sold this summer, other than the LB shit (pick one of them and dump them) NONE of these make a bit of sense to keep, they are AL dregs

Baba Rahman    Defender    Ghana    2015    2020    Non-homegrown        Non-homegrown  <<<<<<sell him  IF we are not going to sell Alonso 
Marcos Alonso    Defender    Spain    2016    2023    Non-homegrown        Non-homegrown 

Danny Drinkwater    Midfielder    England    2017    2022    Homegrown        FA trained  <<<<<< worst buy ever, beyond Torres, 70 million quid shat on the floor of a Piccadilly line train  
Tiemoué Bakayoko    Midfielder    France    2017    2022    Non-homegrown        Non-homegrown   <<<<< he still is shit

Davide Zappacosta    Defender    Italy    2017    2021    Non-homegrown        Non-homegrown    

Nathan Baxter    Goalkeeper    England    2005    2023    On loan at Ross County until June 30th 2020
Victor Moses    Forward    Nigeria    2012    2021    On loan at Fenerbahce until June 30th 2020
Charly Musonda    Midfielder    Belgium    2012    2022    On loan at Vitesse Arnhem until June 30th 2020
Richard Nartey    Defender    England    2006    2020    On loan at Burton Albion until May 31st 2020
Nathan    Forward    Brazil    2015    2020    On loan at Atletico Mineiro until January 1st 2020
Mario Pašalić    Midfielder    Croatia    2014    2022    On loan at Atalanta until June 20th 2020  <<<<<< not dregs, but just sell him (I think there is the option)
Michael Hector    Defender    Jamaica    2015    2020    Homegrown        FA trained    
Matt Miazga    Defender    USA    2016    2022    Non-homegrown        Non-homegrown    
Kenneth Omeruo    Defender    Nigeria    2012    2020    Non-homegrown        Non-homegrown    
Isaiah Brown    Forward    England    2013    2021    Homegrown        Club Trained    
Lucas Piazón    Forward    Brazil    2011    2019    Non-homegrown        Non-homegrown      
Lewis Baker    Midfielder    England    2005    2022    Homegrown        Club Trained    
Marco van Ginkel    Midfielder    Netherlands    2013    2020    Non-homegrown        Non-homegrown    
Jacob Maddox    Midfielder    England    2013    2021    Under-21        Under-21      
Kasey Palmer    Midfielder    England    2013    2021    Homegrown        Club Trained    
Danilo Pantic    Midfielder    Serbia    2015    2021    Non-homegrown        Non-homegrown    

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched his game against Liverpool U23 and he looked wonderful. He is the best crosser I have seen in a while. Everytime he crosses the ball, his crosses land into danger areas and that is something we need. Especially considering the fact that we have  He should be ahead of Alonso. Castillo is very similar to Emerson, only difference is that he can cross the ball. I am not saying that Castillo should replace him, he should be his BU and learn from him and get a fair amount of minutes this season. It would be a waste if Alonso still gets minutes to play when we have someone with that kind of potential in our youth system

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I watched his game against Liverpool U23 and he looked wonderful. He is the best crosser I have seen in a while. Everytime he crosses the ball, his crosses land into danger areas and that is something we need. Especially considering the fact that we have  He should be ahead of Alonso. Castillo is very similar to Emerson, only difference is that he can cross the ball. I am not saying that Castillo should replace him, he should be his BU and learn from him and get a fair amount of minutes this season. It would be a waste if Alonso still gets minutes to play when we have someone with that kind of potential in our youth system

Cannot agree more

If we are going jacobs-deep in on youth, unleash Castillo next year and ship that turtle Alonso off whist he can still get some filthy lucre for his turgid arse. Hell do it NOW, Atletico Madrid will surely pay some serious cash for Marcos as they only have ONE LB on their entire roster, Renan Lodi, and although he looks to be an amazing talent, is only 21 and has all of one game at top level and is now under red card suspension already (granted he was FUCKED by the dodgy La Liga refs).

• 2 weeks later...

Juan Familia Castillo is set to join Ajax Amsterdam on loan, reports De Telegraaf this morning, with Ajax sporting director Marc Overmars hoping to negotiate a buy-option as well.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/chelsea-youngster-already-clubs-facility-medical-transfer-concluded-soon/

If its only a loan and he plays enough, this could be amazing move.
He is realy talented and IMO generaly there is no better club to develop youth than Ajax right now.  But he will have strong competition with Tagliafico.
There's an option to buy as well.

I just hope buy-back/first refusal clauses are the norm now with us.