test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tomo

Lineup for 2019/20 with the ban?

Started by Tomo,

28 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, communicate said:

I don't understand what is the redundancy. 

A ball winner, a passer and a creator (what kova need to do for us) 

Last year with Hazard we have a wc creator. So our midfield does not need to create much but I don't know about Puli. So we need more, that is why Willian will probably play morebut I need to watch Puli game first. 

You are expecting kovacic to create? We just had a complete season of him creating nothing but shit and you want us to play the exact same 3 in the mid. I would put in mount instead of watching kovacic dribble past a player and then look haplessly about

11 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

You are expecting kovacic to create? We just had a complete season of him creating nothing but shit and you want us to play the exact same 3 in the mid. I would put in mount instead of watching kovacic dribble past a player and then look haplessly about

Yup. Somebody need to do it for us. I have never watched Mason Mount to give opinion on this matter

13 hours ago, communicate said:

I don't understand what is the redundancy. 

A ball winner, a passer and a creator (what kova need to do for us) 

Last year with Hazard we have a wc creator. So our midfield does not need to create much but I don't know about Puli. So we need more, that is why Willian will probably play morebut I need to watch Puli game first. 

That midfield has no creativity or end product bar the occasional Jorginho lobbed pass. 

1905didierblue likes this

12 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That midfield has no creativity or end product bar the occasional Jorginho lobbed pass. 

I don't think we have any option. 

We have Bakayoko, Kante - two runner or box to box

Ruben - injured 

Barkley + kova, one has better physical attribute and the other is superior technically. 

Jorginho - ball mover 

That is all we have. We basically need a player to play between the lines that is going to be kova and Barkley role. 

Gotta laugh at all these "This is how Lampard's Chelsea will lineup in 19/20" articles from several different newspapers which state that Lamps would want to play Barkley, Mount, Drinkayoko or Ampadu in place of Jorginho.

Tomo likes this

On 03/07/2019 at 2:14 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

The midfield is going to need some quick and decisive decision making.

Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater, Jorginio, Kante, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Mount can't all be accommodated and there are other midfielders we could list in addition to these. Some need to leave one way or another.

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The midfield is going to need some quick and decisive decision making.

Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater, Jorginio, Kante, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Mount can't all be accommodated and there are other midfielders we could list in addition to these. Some need to leave one way or another.

Obvious riddances would be Drinks and Baka, get them off the wage bill if not for anything else. That leaves us 6 midfielders, which is good as far as depth is concerned. It has top 4 quality too in fairness, also some promising untapped quality.

OhForAGreavsie likes this