test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   33 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Luiz
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

612 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Or at least somewhere easy to get to! The whole no direct flights or if want one have to stay a week or something is insane. 

There is no direct flight from London? There is direct flight from even from Budapest.

19 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

There is no direct flight from London? There is direct flight from even from Budapest.

There's direct but involves a stay... You'd hope it would've changed since but who knows. Doesn't seem like the price has. 

'The only way to fly direct to Baku for the game would be to leave London on the Saturday beforehand and return a week later, three days after the trophy has been lifted

If you want to fly to the game on the day then a lengthy wait in somewhere like Istanbul or Kiev would be needed.

The quickest journey by air on the day of the final takes six hours 55 minutes, with the majority lasting more than 10 hours'

They're also doing a comp to win tickets.. Doesn't involve flights though lol. 

nyikolajevics likes this

9 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

There's direct but involves a stay... You'd hope it would've changed since but who knows. Doesn't seem like the price has. 

'The only way to fly direct to Baku for the game would be to leave London on the Saturday beforehand and return a week later, three days after the trophy has been lifted

If you want to fly to the game on the day then a lengthy wait in somewhere like Istanbul or Kiev would be needed.

The quickest journey by air on the day of the final takes six hours 55 minutes, with the majority lasting more than 10 hours'

They're also doing a comp to win tickets.. Doesn't involve flights though lol. 

Sounds like a piece of cake!

Muzchap likes this

14 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Fucking Baku, UEFA and what about the carbon footprint !  -have it at Wembley you mongs 

Been saying this since day one, the fucking corrupt imbeciles.

Muzchap and Fulham Broadway like this

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Yeah, these petition things totally work most of the time, let’s make another one, moving the EL-final away seems very achieveable anyway.

Vesper and Muzchap like this

On 21/05/2019 at 1:58 PM, cosmicway said:

Baku ... the last destination of the Germans in the ill fated expedition of 1942.
The objective was to penetrate the Stalingrad line, the Caucasus line and finally secure the Caspian sea and the oil.

Mate I'm not even sure you'll know what I'm talking about but I read your message in full mark Corrigan of peep show voice lol

10 hours ago, the wes said:

I mean they've a point but they are a bunch of soppy wankers. Probably looked up and found the were no coffee shops in the area

15 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

And what's this shite about us not holding a victory parade if we win? Do we reckon we're above celebrating this? A trophy is a trophy and when I was a kid I didn't see too many of them. Think you should enjoy and celebrate every bit of silverware

Plus it would be a huge milestone

the 30th trophy in club history

ulsterchelsea likes this

Arsene Wenger joins criticism of Uefa over Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s Baku decision

Former Arsenal manager believes ‘it is not normal’ to give a European final where certain players cannot travel to due to political reasons

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/europa-league-final-arsenal-vs-chelsea-news-arsene-wenger-uefa-criticism-henrikh-mkhitaryan-a8928156.html

1 hour ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Mate I'm not even sure you'll know what I'm talking about but I read your message in full mark Corrigan of peep show voice lol

Lmao 😁😁😁

ulsterchelsea likes this

On 21/05/2019 at 0:04 PM, Vesper said:

yes!

It is not even remotely in EUROPE ffs, it is in Asia, it is right next to Iran, lololol

Madness on UEFA's part

Union of European Football Associations

smdh

478dab6ae967bd0ba88513793a3e4838.png40bd8c1c1d7cf41106898c56bbe24d93.png

Just noticed between Armenia and Azerbaijan the Uefa delegates most of stayed here when they decided to pick Baku for the final :)

Vesper likes this

2 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

And what's this shite about us not holding a victory parade if we win? Do we reckon we're above celebrating this? A trophy is a trophy and when I was a kid I didn't see too many of them. Think you should enjoy and celebrate every bit of silverware

It's the locals and the local councils I'm afraid these parades have to be agreed between Hammersmith and Fulham and Kensington and Chelsea. No other club has to negotiate between two councils which is another factor in the rebuilding and why it's proving so difficult. I've been to nearly all the parades the best was the first in 97 (pic below) but we never had one in 2007 when we won the two cups. I think it will only be if we win the premier league or champions league from now on. Plus if Spurs win we can't have one not on the Sunday anyway.

7666d81f8b5bdf51397de2e53929e9c5.jpg

ulsterchelsea and Vesper like this

2 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Image result for peep show gifs

ulsterchelsea and Vesper like this

Almost three weeks on the training ground with Sarri. He will do wonders. I'm expecting by far best game of the season from us. 

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It's the locals and the local councils I'm afraid these parades have to be agreed between Hammersmith and Fulham and Kensington and Chelsea. No other club has to negotiate between two councils which is another factor in the rebuilding and why it's proving so difficult. I've been to nearly all the parades the best was the first in 97 (pic below) but we never had one in 2007 when we won the two cups. I think it will only be if we win the premier league or champions league from now on. Plus if Spurs win we can't have one not on the Sunday anyway.

7666d81f8b5bdf51397de2e53929e9c5.jpg

Fair enough then I suppose. Just feel this could have been sorted if there had been some foresight