• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)

Chelsea 1-1 Eintracht Frankfurt (Chelsea win 4-3 on penalties after 2-2 draw on aggregate)
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

Eden+Hazard+Chelsea+FC+v+AFC+Bournemouth

2018/19 Europa League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
9th May, Thursday, 2019
Stamford Bridge
20:00 Kick Off (UK time)

We better not screw this up.

We had quite a plain and succesful game and our rivals helped us so we can pretty much ignore the Leicester game, we can fully focus on Frankfurt. They played their match 3 hours after our kickoff, had to travel to Leverkusen, they were trashed, now they have to travel back(ca 500 km the two way) home. Next week they will have to travel to London, beat us while paying attention to their very important Bundesliga game on Sunday. It's a must win.

Also, if we beat Arsenal in the final they will stuck in the Europa League next year, this will be the extra prize :)

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

Kepa

Azpi ac DL Ep

Barkley jorginho RLC

Willian giroud hazard

Against Leicester play:

Willy

Zappa ? GC ma

Barkley kovacic ?

Pedro higuain willian

Since the Leicester game doesn't matter it's gonna be the best team avalable. If Kanté is fit he will start(seems unlikely though), if not Kovacic and RLC(both are in great form) will play alongside Jorginho, can't see Barks starting.

I'm a bit paranoid about Ruben, he's played two (near) full games this part week the first of which his back started playing up, I fear he may go the same way as Kante today if he has another full game so soon.

Which makes me think given our advantage and the fact Frankfurt look tanked we should start with Barkley and Kova do the boring side of Sarriball and have them chasing the ball, then unleash Rubes after an hour to finish them off.

10 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm a bit paranoid about Ruben, he's played two (near) full games this part week the first of which his back started playing up, I fear he may go the same way as Kante today if he has another full game so soon.

Which makes me think given our advantage and the fact Frankfurt look tanked we should start with Barkley and Kova do the boring side of Sarriball and have them chasing the ball, then unleash Rubes after an hour to finish them off.

He does not have insane amount of minutes in his bones this season unlike Kante, Luiz or Azpi so I think he should be fine, he has played like 155mins within 4 days, he should stil have enoug hin the tank to play 2 more games this season.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

He does not have insane amount of minutes in his bones this season unlike Kante, Luiz or Azpi so I think he should be fine, he has played like 155mins within 4 days, he should stil have enoug hin the tank to play 2 more games this season.

Agreed - out of all the players, least concerned about him.

Love his driving forward with the ball - just wish he had a bit more confidence to lash home some 25 yarders.

Was his back flaring up against Frankfurt, or was he just cramping? I thought sarri said he was cramping, which I understood just as calf cramping. I could be wrong here

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk