test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-2 Burnley

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Luiz
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

373 posts in this topic
18 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Our biggest problem in the last 4 years has been incompetent fullbacks. We are not that far off Man City and Liverpool imo, their full backs are the main difference since they offer width and also defend well. 

Both City and Liverpool have in access three or more reliable goal scorers. We just have Hazard. 

Fullbacks are an issue, but we are so far off from Liverpool + City in terms of attacking threat. 

Sadio 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Both City and Liverpool have in access three or more reliable goal scorers. We just have Hazard. 

Fullbacks are an issue, but we are so far off from Liverpool + City in terms of attacking threat. 

Sadio mane had never scored 15 goals before this season, Salah had never scored 20 before last season, Firmino is okay not world class. Put all our wingers in Klopp's system with Lpool's full backs they become instant 15 goals a season scorers. They dont even get a lot of goals from midfield but they have Robertson and Trent both with 9 assists. Look up their build up and you will notice its more about width and creating chances. Same as City. 

Just now, Vybz Kartel said:

Sadio 

Sadio mane had never scored 15 goals before this season, Salah had never scored 20 before last season, Firmino is okay not world class. Put all our wingers in Klopp's system with Lpool's full backs they become instant 15 goals a season scorers. They dont even get a lot of goals from midfield but they have Robertson and Trent both with 9 assists. Look up their build up and you will notice its more about width and creating chances. Same as City. 

It's not as simple as that. Sure the width from full backs would help, but if you do not have intelligent attackers, you will just find the fullbacks recycling it back to the midfield every time. Which is what we see time and time again.

Willian and Pedro wouldn't all of a sudden improve their decision making under Klopp. The former was never a top player and the latter is past it. Look at the 1st leg away to Slavia It was utterly embarrassing the lack of ideas we had in the final third. 

As opposed to Mane, Salah and even Firmino, who honestly goes unnoticed. The way they move off the ball and their direct nature is why they are so threatening. Firmino is a vastly intelligent player and I hope our next striker has the same technical ability as he has. He would be perfect under Sarri. 

Well i just hope we don't fuck up, that's our main problem, excellent chance to go 3rd.....

But you know what happens, the Chelsea of old turn up, and we fuck up.

Huff and puff and can't blow the house down.

Plesse tell me this is not going to happen.

Still KTBFFH I hope

Just now, bigbluewillie said:

Well i just hope we don't fuck up, that's our main problem, excellent chance to go 3rd.....

Still KTBFFH I hope

Even if we win all matches, we Spurs or Arsenal would have to lose at least one time and I am not so sure if that´s really that likely. I just hope that the european competitions will mean that Spurs and Arsenal will rotate a lot and they fuck up at least once. Problem is that Chelsea also has to play EL

10 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Still KTBFFH I hope

Hopefully the motivation of knowing of the opportunity will have will spur on. Still annoying we still have to wait to see where we actually stand when they play Tues and weds.  Still be nice to be higher then 5th for a bit! 

Cup final. Etc

Higuain starting again. He isn't going to come good, so why does keep on getting opportunities?

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Higuain starting again. He isn't going to come good, so why does keep on getting opportunities?

Doesn't want to look like a dickhead. Bending over backwards for the board to get him then to end up not even playing him. 

Higuain for me just lacks sharpness. There is still a quality striker in there. 

That said. No complaints from me on the lineup. 

Just now, LAM09 said:

Probably because Giroud played few days ago and Higuain and Sarri have this father son connection like Sarri has with Jorginho

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Great line up from Sarri IMO.

I agree. But let's wait and see our fans find a reason to criticize him again.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He's very hopeful? 

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Even if we win all matches, we Spurs or Arsenal would have to lose at least one time and I am not so sure if that´s really that likely. I just hope that the european competitions will mean that Spurs and Arsenal will rotate a lot and they fuck up at least once. Problem is that Chelsea also has to play EL

Can't see Arsenal and United winning more than two games left. Spurs will lose points for sure. I don't think we have to win all games to finish top4.

Nice team. If ever there was a time for Higuain to come into some good from and sharpness it's now. He can be the man to fire us into the top 4 while Giroud can be the man to fire us to the EL title.

Doesn't want to look like a dickhead. Bending over backwards for the board to get him then to end up not even playing him. 
Higuain for me just lacks sharpness. There is still a quality striker in there. 
That said. No complaints from me on the lineup. 
Needs to only worry about results at this point.

He's just lost that burst of pace, which he heavily relied on.

Just now, Pizy said:

Nice team. If ever there was a time for Higuain to come into some good from and sharpness it's now. He can be the man to fire us into the top 4 while Giroud can be the man to fire us to the EL title.

Both just dog average, we just have accept anything that either give us in all honesty.

Laylabelle and nyikolajevics like this

Probably because Giroud played few days ago and Higuain and Sarri have this father son connection like Sarri has with Jorginho

In other words, favouritism. Needs to drop that shit and pick the best players for the job.
He's very hopeful? 
Every game is effectively a final from now on. He needs to stop being hopeful & be realistic.

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

While world class Giroud sitting on the bench..

None of them are the future of the Chelsea. We have to solve this season with these guys.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Both just dog average, we just have accept anything that either give us in all honesty.

I think Giroud has done enough for us in Europe this season to be considered better than that.