• Pedro (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I expect Pedro to start ahead of CHO

4 games. 4 finals. 

City winning Wednesday would hopefully demoralise United for Sunday

most important is the midfield imho. RLC jorgi kante have to start this

Our biggest problem in the last 4 years has been incompetent fullbacks. We are not that far off Man City and Liverpool imo, their full backs are the main difference since they offer width and also defend well. We play too narrow and struggle to create enough chances, The best thing that can happen to us is getting rid of all our current fullbacks and that includes Azpi and investing in young ones like Trent and Robertson. That will improve all aspects of our game in an instant. Conte knew it was our biggest problem and he kept trying to address it every season he had. (He even wanted to get rid of Alonso after winning the EPL with him and wanted Alex Sandro, Danilo and Kyle Walker instead of Zappacosta, had we gotten his full backs I honestly think we might have won the league again in his time). Our board spends money but they dont spend it well that is why its crucial we get a proper DoF but sadly its almost 2 years since Emenalo left and we are no closer to appointing one. We will continue to struggle against teams like Burnley if we don't address this situation. 

18 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Our biggest problem in the last 4 years has been incompetent fullbacks. We are not that far off Man City and Liverpool imo, their full backs are the main difference since they offer width and also defend well. 

Both City and Liverpool have in access three or more reliable goal scorers. We just have Hazard. 

Fullbacks are an issue, but we are so far off from Liverpool + City in terms of attacking threat. 

Sadio 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Both City and Liverpool have in access three or more reliable goal scorers. We just have Hazard. 

Fullbacks are an issue, but we are so far off from Liverpool + City in terms of attacking threat. 

Sadio mane had never scored 15 goals before this season, Salah had never scored 20 before last season, Firmino is okay not world class. Put all our wingers in Klopp's system with Lpool's full backs they become instant 15 goals a season scorers. They dont even get a lot of goals from midfield but they have Robertson and Trent both with 9 assists. Look up their build up and you will notice its more about width and creating chances. Same as City. 

Just now, Vybz Kartel said:

Sadio 

Sadio mane had never scored 15 goals before this season, Salah had never scored 20 before last season, Firmino is okay not world class. Put all our wingers in Klopp's system with Lpool's full backs they become instant 15 goals a season scorers. They dont even get a lot of goals from midfield but they have Robertson and Trent both with 9 assists. Look up their build up and you will notice its more about width and creating chances. Same as City. 

It's not as simple as that. Sure the width from full backs would help, but if you do not have intelligent attackers, you will just find the fullbacks recycling it back to the midfield every time. Which is what we see time and time again.

Willian and Pedro wouldn't all of a sudden improve their decision making under Klopp. The former was never a top player and the latter is past it. Look at the 1st leg away to Slavia It was utterly embarrassing the lack of ideas we had in the final third. 

As opposed to Mane, Salah and even Firmino, who honestly goes unnoticed. The way they move off the ball and their direct nature is why they are so threatening. Firmino is a vastly intelligent player and I hope our next striker has the same technical ability as he has. He would be perfect under Sarri. 

Well i just hope we don't fuck up, that's our main problem, excellent chance to go 3rd.....

But you know what happens, the Chelsea of old turn up, and we fuck up.

Huff and puff and can't blow the house down.

Plesse tell me this is not going to happen.

Still KTBFFH I hope

Just now, bigbluewillie said:

Well i just hope we don't fuck up, that's our main problem, excellent chance to go 3rd.....

Still KTBFFH I hope

Even if we win all matches, we Spurs or Arsenal would have to lose at least one time and I am not so sure if that´s really that likely. I just hope that the european competitions will mean that Spurs and Arsenal will rotate a lot and they fuck up at least once. Problem is that Chelsea also has to play EL

10 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Still KTBFFH I hope

Hopefully the motivation of knowing of the opportunity will have will spur on. Still annoying we still have to wait to see where we actually stand when they play Tues and weds.  Still be nice to be higher then 5th for a bit! 

Cup final. Etc

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Higuain starting again. He isn't going to come good, so why does keep on getting opportunities?

Doesn't want to look like a dickhead. Bending over backwards for the board to get him then to end up not even playing him. 

Higuain for me just lacks sharpness. There is still a quality striker in there. 

That said. No complaints from me on the lineup. 

Just now, LAM09 said:

Higuain starting again. He isn't going to come good, so why does keep on getting opportunities?

Probably because Giroud played few days ago and Higuain and Sarri have this father son connection like Sarri has with Jorginho

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Even if we win all matches, we Spurs or Arsenal would have to lose at least one time and I am not so sure if that´s really that likely. I just hope that the european competitions will mean that Spurs and Arsenal will rotate a lot and they fuck up at least once. Problem is that Chelsea also has to play EL

Can't see Arsenal and United winning more than two games left. Spurs will lose points for sure. I don't think we have to win all games to finish top4.