test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-2 Burnley

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Luiz
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

373 posts in this topic

We can outdo Arsenal by Goal Difference as well. 

Burnley tomorrow has instantly become the most important game of the season. We just can't let this one slip up.

Stats and OhForAGreavsie like this

But will we win all 4 games? 
If Sarri starts Giroud in all four games, we will.

We will need goals so I hope to see us go out all guns blazing everyone of the remaining 4 games. It is just four goals to recover. the big problem is we got the way harder matches than Arsenal. But i have always said, win all the remaining matches and we will finish 4th or 3rd. Not confident we will win it all now the pressure is on. Since the last of our old spine, JT, Lamps, DD all left we have not been as mentally strong as we used to be. We threw away 4th last season and we are definitely capable of doing so again.

Real shame we do  not have greedy goalhungry players in the squad at all. Esp with Lamps Drogs or even Kalou around i would always trust us to come our with a 5,6,7 goal win every once in a while. We used to be known for either making a mess of games vs small teams (still are) or absolutely slaughering them. Usually if we went 2 goals in front teams would just roll over. NOw even at 2 goals up i do not feel comfortable.

I want RLC to play, he is always good for a goal, CHO because he can make things happen out of nothing, Hazard obviously he got a bit of a rest vs slavia and maybe even HIguain, who imo is still a better fnisher than Giroud. And FFS if we still need goals late in the game, bring on Marcos Alonso FFS and let him play his striker-leftback hybrid game

Strike likes this

31 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Been a great weekend for us so far. We've had these before and not taken advantage of them. Will we get it right this time?

Yes pretty confident for tomorrow. There's a bit of resurgence in spirit atm in the team.. 

OhForAGreavsie likes this

15 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

That's it. If 0-0 at half time don't come out a completely different side! 

I think Sarri is handing out the fags at half time, and they're making them into spliffs.

Johnnyeye likes this

17 hours ago, Jason said:

That's it! Still annoying that even if win Monday still got to rely on another point drop from other sides.. And us somehow not given our great away record. 

Johnnyeye likes this

I expect Pedro to start ahead of CHO

4 games. 4 finals. 

City winning Wednesday would hopefully demoralise United for Sunday

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I expect Pedro to start ahead of CHO

4 games. 4 finals. 

City winning Wednesday would hopefully demoralise United for Sunday

most important is the midfield imho. RLC jorgi kante have to start this

Call me crazy but I'd go with Alonso in this one. He seems to always play well after has been out of the team for few weeks

Our biggest problem in the last 4 years has been incompetent fullbacks. We are not that far off Man City and Liverpool imo, their full backs are the main difference since they offer width and also defend well. We play too narrow and struggle to create enough chances, The best thing that can happen to us is getting rid of all our current fullbacks and that includes Azpi and investing in young ones like Trent and Robertson. That will improve all aspects of our game in an instant. Conte knew it was our biggest problem and he kept trying to address it every season he had. (He even wanted to get rid of Alonso after winning the EPL with him and wanted Alex Sandro, Danilo and Kyle Walker instead of Zappacosta, had we gotten his full backs I honestly think we might have won the league again in his time). Our board spends money but they dont spend it well that is why its crucial we get a proper DoF but sadly its almost 2 years since Emenalo left and we are no closer to appointing one. We will continue to struggle against teams like Burnley if we don't address this situation.