• Loftus-Cheek
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

That's the problem us winning all of ours. Which based on recent performances isn't happening.. 

With Kante and Rudiger now injured we are not even making it to the Europa League. Wish this season could  just end now. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Losing Kante and CHO killed us. It really did. 

Kante yes because his energy is huge for us in midfield but disagree about Callum, not for the first game in the last few he was pretty ineffective. All for giving him a chance but you have to hold every player to the same standards and he wasnt anything more than ordinary. Neither were Pedro or Willian but again if they had played that first half it would be same things said.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Kante yes but disagree about Callum, not for the first game in the last few he was pretty ineffective. All for giving him a chance but you have to hold every player to the same standards and he wasnt anything more than ordinary.

We actually missed Willian. If Willian is injured I hope he moves RLC to the RW he is better than Pedro who is just a clown at this point.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Kante yes but disagree about Callum, not for the first game in the last few he was pretty ineffective. All for giving him a chance but you have to hold every player to the same standards and he wasnt anything more than ordinary.

I disagree completely. He was taking players on and offered a direct style of play. It may have been ineffective, but it kept Burnley on their feet. It's no wonder Dave looks better with CHO vs Pedro and Willian. 

Pedro comes on, we lose all that direct attacking play. Instead, Pedro recycles it back to the midfield every time. This in turn makes our right side so utterly predictable and all Burnley have to focus on is marking Giroud and Hazard. 

3 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

With Kante and Rudiger now injured we are not even making it to the Europa League. Wish this season could  just end now. 

Its has felt like a really long slightly testing season.. And still going 

Just now, Laylabelle said:

That's the problem us winning all of ours. Which based on recent performances isn't happening.. 

even if we had won thsi, we still basically needed to win out to guarantee CL via 4th

if all 3 teams (us, Arse and the yids all won out, including us tonight) we still would have finished 5th on GD to Arse, unless, like I said, we went wild in goals, but if they also had won out, their GD would have went to a plus 29 MINIMUM

lets say Eden had dumped in a 89th winner tonight

we would be at plus 22

we would have to hit plus 30 to grab 4th, as they have scored far more goals than us (that's the GD tie breaker) IF Arse only won by 1 in each of their last 4

even if we won the last 3 games by 2,2,and three, we would fail by the goals scored tie breaker

the odds of us winning the next 3 by an average of almost 3 a game is super unlikely

the main thing now is pretty simple

win the last 3 and Arse lose one of their 4, OR we win the EL or, best outcome, we do BOTH

13 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

we are in the EL already, lolol

probably next year too, although I still think, as long as we beat Manure, we have a great shot at 4th, over Arse and perhaps can even beat Frankfurt and then Arse (or Valencia) in the final

Frankfurt are not that strong on defence, but Jovic and Haller, and Rebic terrify me

Just now, Vesper said:

we are in the EL already, lolol

probably next year too, although I still think, as long as we beat Manure, we have a great shot at 4th, over Arse and perhaps can even beat Frankfurt and then Arse (or Valencia) in the final

Frankfurt are not that strong on defence, but Jovic and Haller  and Rebic terrify me

Nah we are done! We cant even beat Burnley on our own patch and you expect us to get 9 points from Watford, Leicester and Man Utd?? Not happening. Even the Europa League is done, we conceded 3 goals against farmers on our own ground, no way we win 3 games in Europa with that current defence. 

17 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I disagree completely. He was taking players on and offered a direct style of play. It may have been ineffective, but it kept Burnley on their feet. It's no wonder Dave looks better with CHO vs Pedro and Willian. 

Pedro comes on, we lose all that direct attacking play. Instead, Pedro recycles it back to the midfield every time. This in turn makes our right side so utterly predictable and all Burnley have to focus on is marking Giroud and Hazard. 

Pedro ran in behind though. Burnley were happy to let us get the ball wide because they tucked in with a narrow back 4 and their wingers coming back to help their full backs, knowing all too well we would just cross it and thats their bread and butter, how many headers did we win inside the box? Callum or Eden barely made penetrating runs in behind their full backs or between their CB and FB, Pedro did 2 or 3 times and while nothing came of it, variation was needed, there was one he was arguably blocked off on that could have been a foul. Once we lost Kante we lost another guy who makes runs into the box at times, as his goal proves too. Burnley CBs would win the majority of any high balls coming in because thats how they play week in week out, packing the midfield, being compact, narrow, letting teams play through the wings and cross it.

Just now, Vybz Kartel said:

Nah we are done! We cant even beat Burnley on our own patch and you expect us to get 9 points from Watford, Leicester and Man Utd?? Not happening. Even the Europa League is done, we conceded 3 goals against farmers on our own ground, no way we win 3 games in Europa with that current defence. 

explain how we are not in the EL

we are in the semis this year

and we have clinched at least 6th place and thus EL for next year, with CL still a possibility

the most any other non top 6 team can have is Watford at 61 points if they win out in last 4, we have 67 now

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

CHO took players on and offered directness. 

Pedro recycled the ball to the midfield every time. 

Simple to analyse why our right side looked toothless that second half. 

That’s basically what I said: Odoi was having a decent game and Pedro had a poor game. Again, different times. Odoi would be having a good game if he was beating players with all that directness, he wasn’t. So while, I like the quick passing and movement, he wasn’t really influencing the game the way you may be suggesting, imo.

So, you are establishing causation where there is likely none, or very little. That was my point. The odds that odoi would’ve been better than Pedro are very high because we agree that he was. The odds that we’d have won the game had he stayed becomes a little more difficult to establish, and imo aren’t very good.

Even Eden was having trouble crossing the ball today, again, because of the opposition and the way they play.

Just now, Vesper said:

explain how we are not in the EL

we are in the semis this year

and we have clinched at least 6th place and thus EL for next year, with CL still a possibility

the most any other non top 6 team can have is Watford at 61 points if they win out in last 4, we have 67 now

No I meant we are done in the Top 4 race. 

4 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

No I meant we are done in the Top 4 race. 

that is not what you said on the original post of yours that kicked this all off

8e523d58bdd1fbfd362b92f813f67de0.png

you said we are not even making to to the Europa League

that is what I originally replied to

Why you all complain about the players. Yes most were pretty bad, but lets not forget this were Sarri instructions. 

We created jackshit in entire second half thanks to his instructions. Burnley parked the bus for entire half and not once we looked like we can score. Everything went either through the packed middle or trying to cross but almost all were blocked by first man. Rinse and repeat. 

Fucking useless tactics and one dimensional approach. If you want to play attacking football, you need to be creative. And Sarri once again proved he isnt. 

Players were crap too as soon as burnley scored equalizer. As if our balls dropped and we suddenly lost our entire motivation in that moment. But it all starts with Sarri.

Fucking joke. Cant take burnley at home in absolute must win. The way those cunts acted, they deserved to be battered, but our pussy squad let them draw. 

Zero chance we win EL with this kind of team and games. If Kante and Rudiger recover and if we miraculously score every single chance, then we might win, but thats about it. Surely we wont win all 3 PL games either. 

Its not the quality of the squad thats the worst though. Its the character. Bunch of players with no character and crap mentality. Opponent scores boohoo and we hide under the bed.