Chelsea Women Thread

Is anyone heading up to Manchester for the game with City on 10th February 2019? If so, did you know that Chelsea Women are playing City's women at The Academy stadium on the same day? I'll be up there.

The women kick off at 1:00pm, followed by the men at 4:00pm. The club is running coaches for fans to get to both games so what some people are doing is booking a seat on a coach for the women's game as well as on one for the men's match. Their plan is to go up on the CFCW coach, watch the women, walk across the road for the men's match, then return south on the men's coach.

After a slow start our women, the current champions, have fought their way back into the title race with Arsenal and City. 

• 2 months later...

A large  and loud home crowd, and a PSG side who were far better than the had been in the first leg, made it a tough night for Chelsea women. The girls were on the backfoot for long spells of the game and trailed 2-0 entering added time at the end of the ninety. Paris were good for that lead, but had managed to do no more than erase the two goal advantage we brought into the game from last week's first leg at Kingsmeadow. A goal from Norwegian international Maren Mjelde with less than two minutes of added time remaining sealed the tie.

Next up for CFCW is a semi-final with defending European Champions Lyon. The French outfit is the best funded club in women's football who will be looking for their fourth straight European crown. They are a hell of a side and are the toughest opponent possible. They'll be heavy favourites but we're still there.

14 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Magical and I'm told Kaz says she absolutely meant it. I had my doubts. :)

watch where Karen Carney looks, deffo meant it, you can see her glance at the off camera Maren Mjelde then she dribbles and crosses right to open space where the runner would be

16 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Magical and I'm told Kaz says she absolutely meant it. I had my doubts. :)

now we run into the proverbial ongoing locomotive

Lyon:(

going for 4th in a row CL (first time in history)

and they have 5 of top 8 players in the world, including Ada Hegerberg, the first ever Ballon d'Or Féminin winner

their entire outfield 10 is in top 30, and the have 4 others (including GK) in the top 80

and they are trying to get the other back and forth (between Hegerberg) best player in the world Pernille Harder

its just insane

arguably the best footie club team in history in terms of sheer domination and talent

so massive ask to beat them, BUT holy shit if we do!! LEGENDS

• 4 months later...

A thread in which to discuss news and opinions regarding Chelsea Football Club Women's Team.

There is a Women's section in the Players' Lounge which is provided for comment about individual members of the CFCW squad, but this topic can be used for more general content.

Is everyone aware that Chelsea Women are playing Tottenham Hotspur Women in the opening fixture of the new WSL season? The game takes place at Stamford Bridge on Sunday 8th September. The club has said that they are expecting an attendance of 41,000 and all tickets were allocated some weeks ago. Yesterday however it was announced that there had been some returns so more tickets are on offer.

This seems a perfect opportunity for anyone who has never seen Chelsea Women play, to take in a game.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/08/27/tickets-available-for-chelsea-women-vs-tottenham-at-stamford-bri

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Stunning strike !

I LOVE our womens team!!!  :wub:

One of my biggest regrets in life was my massive growth spurt at 13, 14 years old (went from 1.70m or so to 1.83m in a little over a year and a half)  that fucked up my knees and forced me out of footie (not that my scrawny arse could have coped with higher level balling)

20 hours ago, Vesper said:

I LOVE our womens team!!!  :wub:

One of my biggest regrets in life was my massive growth spurt at 13, 14 years old (went from 1.70m or so to 1.83m in a little over a year and a half)  that fucked up my knees and forced me out of footie (not that my scrawny arse could have coped with higher level balling)

That's tall for a fourteen year old girl ! 6ft in old money. I was the same height, attaining 187cm, hence played in defence mostly -but always saw myself a s midfield general :P