test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OhForAGreavsie

Chelsea Women Progress to Champions League Semi-Final

Started by OhForAGreavsie,

A large  and loud home crowd, and a PSG side who were far better than the had been in the first leg, made it a tough night for Chelsea women. The girls were on the backfoot for long spells of the game and trailed 2-0 entering added time at the end of the ninety. Paris were good for that lead, but had managed to do no more than erase the two goal advantage we brought into the game from last week's first leg at Kingsmeadow. A goal from Norwegian international Maren Mjelde with less than two minutes of added time remaining sealed the tie.

Next up for CFCW is a semi-final with defending European Champions Lyon. The French outfit is the best funded club in women's football who will be looking for their fourth straight European crown. They are a hell of a side and are the toughest opponent possible. They'll be heavy favourites but we're still there.

Vesper likes this

14 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Magical and I'm told Kaz says she absolutely meant it. I had my doubts. :)

watch where Karen Carney looks, deffo meant it, you can see her glance at the off camera Maren Mjelde then she dribbles and crosses right to open space where the runner would be

OhForAGreavsie likes this

16 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Magical and I'm told Kaz says she absolutely meant it. I had my doubts. :)

now we run into the proverbial ongoing locomotive

Lyon:(

going for 4th in a row CL (first time in history)

and they have 5 of top 8 players in the world, including Ada Hegerberg, the first ever Ballon d'Or Féminin winner

their entire outfield 10 is in top 30, and the have 4 others (including GK) in the top 80

and they are trying to get the other back and forth (between Hegerberg) best player in the world Pernille Harder

its just insane

arguably the best footie club team in history in terms of sheer domination and talent

so massive ask to beat them, BUT holy shit if we do!! LEGENDS