Chelsea supporter since 1963

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 5:06 AM, Terence said:

Hello, i am new to this forum. I started watching Chelsea when they were in the 2nd division when i was a kid in London. My favorite players have been Osgood, Drogba, Zola, and Lampard. I live in the US now and look forward to some chat.

Welcome Terence  -that might just make you the most senior fan here. Whereabouts in the US are you ? I know there are supporters groups in NY and LA.

Thank you: I'm in Minneapolis. Chelsea played AC Milan here in 2016 (Aug) and I had a good view behind the goal where we scored twice. There is a pub that shows games. I saw Chelsea beat Man U there in the FA CUP Final  2007, but I may have been the only Chelsea supporter--it may have changed now.

I went to games all through the 60s and early 70s until I moved from London. My highlight was the Chelsea v Leeds 1970 FA Cup Final Replay in Manchester. I was behind the goal where Osgood scored. Leeds played dirty of course but seeing us lift the trophy meant a lot to me as I's seen us through many ups and downs: brilliant one week and lousy the next. I thought those days were long gone until this season. I joined this forum because I have become so frustrated with the way we are playing this season. I'm glad to read that many fans share my view of our current style and the lack of flexibility in the manager's tactics. I'm not sure this manager will be able to turn it around. We can hope for winning the Europa League and a fresh start next year.

On 24/03/2019 at 6:06 AM, Terence said:

Hello, i am new to this forum. I started watching Chelsea when they were in the 2nd division when i was a kid in London. My favorite players have been Osgood, Drogba, Zola, and Lampard. I live in the US now and look forward to some chat.

welcome!!!!!!!!

On 27/03/2019 at 3:23 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Welcome Terence  -that might just make you the most senior fan here. Whereabouts in the US are you ? I know there are supporters groups in NY and LA.

Nah mate i'm the oldest here, supported them since about 1963 I was 18 at the time. see my first game as a 10 y o wiv me mates so that was in the late fifties OMG

Welcome Terence anyway