test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Cardiff 1-2 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Higuain
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

416 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

goddamn shame we cant say Barella or Paredes instead of Jorginho

either would be a massive improvement

when Sarri is sacked and we get a window, Jorginho HAS to sold

what a fucking waste of almost 60m quid ( isnt that a common refrain with this fraud board)

Dont think its that simple. Hes been below average over the course of the season but hes not the only one. Hes definitely a player we need to keep especially now we lost Cesc in January. Think with the right structure hed be a very good player for us, theres no doubt hes had bad games but defendings never been his strong point, hes a regista. Also I think next season regardless he will be much better suited and hopefully have bulked up in preparation because he needs it. I still think if he signed for City we would all be gutted we never got him.

Muzchap likes this

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Dont think its that simple. Hes been below average over the course of the season but hes not the only one. Hes definitely a player we need to keep especially now we lost Cesc in January. Think with the right structure hed be a very good player for us, theres no doubt hes had bad games but defendings never been his strong point, hes a regista. Also I think next season regardless he will be much better suited and hopefully have bulked up in preparation because he needs it. I still think if he signed for City we would all be gutted we never got him.

we will never play sarriball again when old smokey is gone

at least we better not

and Jorginho is worthless as a trad DMF

bigbluewillie and Johnnyeye like this

17 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

How much football have Christensen Emerson RLC and CHO played though this season?  Thats 4 players who havent been regulars so they should be able to play regular minutes over that period. GK you dont really run into the ground so thats 5. Kantes engine is one of his biggest strengths, which made today even more of a surprise. So 6 players who are more than capable of playing 8 games in 29 days I would say. These 8 games are vital so playing his best players even if it means running some of them into the ground, considering his job is 100% on the line, would make sense plus his reputation of not rotating its hardly not believable. He will rotate for the Europa League anyway too so others will get a chance, likes of Giroud  Zappacosta, Alonso, Willian, Pedro etc can play that games if he goes with that 11. We need top 4. Hazard, Higuain, Kante, Azpi, Jorginho all have to play 100%

You are failing to see the irony. Many fans were skeptical of Sarri when he arrived because he wasn't known for rotating his teams. If we played our same starting XI during those 8 games, the moment we drop points I can say for 110% certainty, people would whine about him needing to rotate more. As if you lot would all of a sudden change your tune. 

Truth of the matter is, if we can't afford to fucking rotate against bottom sides, this problem lies deeper than the manager. 

El P. likes this

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You are failing to see the irony. Many fans were skeptical of Sarri when he arrived because he wasn't known for rotating his teams. If we played our same starting XI during those 8 games, the moment we drop points I can say for 110% certainty, people would whine about him needing to rotate more. As if you lot would all of a sudden change your tune. 

Truth of the matter is, if we can't afford to fucking rotate against bottom sides, this problem lies deeper than the manager. 

Way I see it is. If they are 100% fit (as they should be) the best players should play. Ive backed Sarri since day 1 and knew lack of rotation was an issue but weve got some big games coming up so need to play full strength or would you rather we rotated and prioritised the Europa League? 

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Way I see it is. If they are 100% fit (as they should be) the best players should play. Ive backed Sarri since day 1 and knew lack of rotation was an issue but weve got some big games coming up so need to play full strength or would you rather we rotated and prioritised the Europa League? 

Top 4 is gone. I was convinced since the Arsenal defeat. We could have taken advantage of United and Spurs balancing the Champions league, but it's evident we don't have the quality to do so over a season. 

Call me crazy but I'm optimistic about our chances in the Europa league. Our players tend to raise their game when things are at stake. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Top 4 is gone. I was convinced since the Arsenal defeat. We could have taken advantage of United and Spurs balancing the Champions league, but it's evident we don't have the quality to do so over a season. 

Call me crazy but I'm optimistic about our chances in the Europa league. Our players tend to raise their game when things are at stake. 

Top 4 has been at stake for a while and the majority of them have failed to respond and raise their games.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Top 4 has been at stake for a while and the majority of them have failed to respond and raise their games.

True. But I think our attitude is different. Think our players enjoy cup games. Especially in the latter stages. 3 finals in 4 years, and could be 4 in 4. 

I am convinced if Emerson played against United instead of Alonso, we would of won. What I tend to notice it is usually one individual mistake that has us capitulate. Only way I see us losing the Europa. 

We were totally lucky... but for all that bad luck that happened this season, we deserved it.

For Christs sake Sarri, drop Kovačić, start playing RLC. Kovačić should play in a formation where he doesn't need to go in opposition third. He needs to improve defensively and play role which Dembele played at Spurs. He will never be good enough to be offensive asset, I'm sorry Mateo.

Vesper and Muzchap like this

On 31/03/2019 at 6:52 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

So last season under Conte, when we lost 3-0 to Bournemouth. 4-1 to Watford. 3-0 to Newcastle and drawing against Huddersfield at home, that was Sarri's fault?

Sorry. You're talking bollocks. 

Might be better if you re-read my reply to you. I said we were better than Cardiff on paper...Read before you tell me I'm talking bollox mate !!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

Might be better if you re-read my reply to you. I said we were better than Cardiff on paper...Read before you tell me I'm talking bollox mate !!!!!!!!!!!!

You suggested the players are good enough and its solely down to the manager. I showed you relevant examples of games even under Conte where we got humiliated by bottom half clubs. With the same players. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You suggested the players are good enough and its solely down to the manager. I showed you relevant examples of games even under Conte where we got humiliated by bottom half clubs. With the same players. 

"Good enough for what"? I said we have very good players who, on paper, should be far better than Cardiff. Do you not agree with that. And I think with a different formation and a manager who understands the demands of the Premiership we could be doing a whole lot better. Is that talking bollocks?

On 4/1/2019 at 10:13 AM, OneMoSalah said:

Most clubs do finger-prick blood tests to assess fitness and likelihood of injuries. So, they decide who can play or not, except for Azpi who always plays. :) 

OneMoSalah likes this

1 minute ago, Starman60 said:

"Good enough for what"? I said we have very good players who, on paper, should be far better than Cardiff. Do you not agree with that. And I think with a different formation and a manager who understands the demands of the Premiership we could be doing a whole lot better. Is that talking bollocks?

But we had a different manager? And one that understood the premiership? Conte? Ring a bell? Even under his tactics, this very same group of players got spanked by bottom half clubs. 

If football worked where every team on paper should win, it would be a very boring game. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

But we had a different manager? And one that understood the premiership? Conte? Ring a bell? Even under his tactics, this very same group of players got spanked by bottom half clubs. 

If football worked where every team on paper should win, it would be a very boring game. 

I still dont see where "I am talking bollocks". I stated my view, and frankly the views of many supporters. I dont mind anyone disagreeing with my view, but to call it "bollocks" is disrespectful.

Muzchap likes this