test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DYC.

Didier Drogba

Started by DYC.,

3,448 posts in this topic

Been thinking about this ahead of Tottenham, and I've got to say, I think Carlo's handled Drogba very well.

We know Didi's got a bit of ego about him and Carlo's channeled it perfectly. Maybe he doesn't perform to what he can when he's starting all the time regardless of what he actually does on the pitch, so letting him simmer on the bench for a while in big games has proved to be the correct motivation he needed to get him firing again, and now there's no stopping him. Becoming unplayable again, like he is when in the mood.

A wog in Australia is someone from European background. Like Italian or Greek for example, that side of Europe. So i get called one on a regular basis.....

Not just European Steve. I don't know what it's like in Melbourne, but here in Sydney your a Wog if your not Anglo-Australian (White skinned). Me being of Lebanese background copped it growing up in a 95% Anglo school.. But the taunts stopped very quickly i can assure you.. :eyebrows:

I'm sorry but how is this great news? We keep playing an inconsistent 33 year old instead of a 21 year old who just got his first real chance, and can't stop scoring goals. Drogba can't play with Torres either, Just like he couldn't play with alot of players.

Don't forget him getting sent off in Moscow (would have been a penalty taker) and Inter. Throwing a tantrum when we were about to win the league and many many other things he's done.

I'm not denying what he has done for us, Hell, I loved the man last season, But its time to move on, We can't be relying on him anymore.

Drogba out, Sturridge in.

Madmax likes this

I'm sorry but how is this great news? We keep playing an inconsistent 33 year old instead of a 21 year old who just got his first real chance, and can't stop scoring goals. Drogba can't play with Torres either, Just like he couldn't play with alot of players.

Don't forget him getting sent off in Moscow (would have been a penalty taker) and Inter. Throwing a tantrum when we were about to win the league and many many other things he's done.

I'm not denying what he has done for us, Hell, I loved the man last season, But its time to move on, We can't be relying on him anymore.

Drogba out, Sturridge in.

Total agree.Drogba is our legend, but his time has come.This quotes from agent, but not for club.

The claim Drogba can't play with Torres & Sturridge has no evidence to back it up.

Drogba just emerged to form. Literally, just last month is when he started to recapture that deadly striker instinct we all knew he had & he hasn't been given the chance to properly build a partnership with Torres & Sturridge. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Torres hasn't even played a full 90minutes yet.. How can Drogba & Torres form even a shadow of a partnership if they're not given the time for it?

It's a total urban myth they can't play together. Let's give them 90minutes today and see what they can do..

The claim Drogba can't play with Torres & Sturridge has no evidence to back it up.

Drogba just emerged to form. Literally, just last month is when he started to recapture that deadly striker instinct we all knew he had & he hasn't been given the chance to properly build a partnership with Torres & Sturridge. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Torres hasn't even played a full 90minutes yet.. How can Drogba & Torres form even a shadow of a partnership if they're not given the time for it?

It's a total urban myth they can't play together. Let's give them 90minutes today and see what they can do..

Agree with that ... but I think this is not the time to tinker with what's been going well for us.

Agree with that ... but I think this is not the time to tinker with what's been going well for us.

That's true, but you've got to start somewhere. Pre-season isn't long/competitive enough & by the beginning of next season he may not be here!

Bring back The Tinker Man! :champions:

claudio-ranieri_1209677c.jpg

Drogba won't go to Marseille unless they pay him what he wants,which I doubt.

Why can't we have Sturridge,Drogs and torres in our squad? If we start with 2 of these 3 every match ,99% of the time Carlo always subs a striker for striker anyway so the player being benched will get time plus then there's the small matter of injuries. Let's not forget Torres is injury prone although we've not seen it yet.

Personally i'd like 2 up front next season. Drogs and Torres preferably starting and forming a partnership with Sturridge and a new signing on the bench and starting FA and mickey mouse cup games.

LDN Blue likes this

Drogba won't go to Marseille unless they pay him what he wants,which I doubt.

Why can't we have Sturridge,Drogs and torres in our squad? If we start with 2 of these 3 every match ,99% of the time Carlo always subs a striker for striker anyway so the player being benched will get time plus then there's the small matter of injuries. Let's not forget Torres is injury prone although we've not seen it yet.

Personally i'd like 2 up front next season. Drogs and Torres preferably starting and forming a partnership with Sturridge and a new signing on the bench and starting FA and mickey mouse cup games.

Absolutely agreed. Anelka to leave, which will give Sturridge far more game time.

Before say that Drogba should go to leave to the way to Torres, I would wait the end of the season and see what Torres is really able to do. Because at the moment, Torres is the worst striker we have at the club... And if he can't sort it out and improve his level, our so called futur partnership "Sturridge-Torres" won't exist (unless Roman wants so).

Three number 9's in the same line-up?

And 4-3-3 is our formation if you ask me. The traditional 4-4-2 formation is so hard to pull of succesfully in modern football... trying to pull it of without a real supporting stiker, like Rooney, makes it even harder. The fact that most (top) teams play with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation is no coincidence .

There is no way Drogs will leave next season. As for Anelka I see him leaving to the MLS. And i really am confident we will sign Romelu :).

Three number 9's in the same line-up?

And 4-3-3 is our formation if you ask me. The traditional 4-4-2 formation is so hard to pull of succesfully in modern football... trying to pull it of without a real supporting stiker, like Rooney, makes it even harder. The fact that most (top) teams play with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation is no coincidence .

That's true.. But I still think 4-4-2 can work if Malouda is a constant threat on the left. We know Drogba drifts to the right anyway and his crosses are magnificent. I think if the tactics were spot on the 4-4-2 could still work..

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard - Malouda

Drogba - Torres

That's true.. But I still think 4-4-2 can work if Malouda is a constant threat on the left. We know Drogba drifts to the right anyway and his crosses are magnificent. I think if the tactics were spot on the 4-4-2 could still work..

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard - Malouda

Drogba - Torres

Hmm don't know about you but I see a serious lack of creativity and magic in that midfield, especially that right side offers very little offensively..

Hmm don't know about you but I see a serious lack of creativity and magic in that midfield, especially that right side offers very little offensively..

Agreed, but that's been the case with our midfield generally this season. This were a bit of Dalglish logic comes into play. His set up is the front line handles the creativity and magic (as demonstrated by Suarez). He uses the midfield to mainly support the defence and get the ball to the strikers, the rest is down to them..

Agreed, but that's been the case with our midfield generally this season. This were a bit of Dalglish logic comes into play. His set up is the front line handles the creativity and magic (as demonstrated by Suarez). He uses the midfield to mainly support the defence and get the ball to the strikers, the rest is down to them..

Yeah but that's the problem, we don't have the Suarez type in our squad. That someone that has the ability to create something out of nothing. The closest thing we have to that is Kalou :unsure:..

And I'll say it again, we're on a great run here so why change it?

And I'll say it again, we're on a great run here so why change it?

That's a fair point.

I would do it just for the sake of trying to get Drogba & Torres working. Champions League place is ours. We're not going to win the title (imo).. Second would be the best we can do and since we're 3pts clear, without United likely to beat Arsenal tomorrow we should try some new things.