test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DYC.

Didier Drogba

Started by DYC.,

3,490 posts in this topic

I would love to help Chelsea in any way, even if they tell me to come and cut the grass. I will do it. — Didier Drogba, via SkySports

That is going one expensive lawn mower

Does anyone think maybe once he is done playing he may come back potentially as a striker coach? Youngsters look up to him and he seems to bond very well with younger players. Wouldn't mind seeing it, Shevchenko has been linked with recently to do some sort of coaching.

gary gordon likes this

I agree with those comments in that article:

"This is a stupid poll; put this poll up after Lampards left, Lampard will probably get most of the votes. Put it up after JT leaves, he'll get most the votes probably. People are more likely to vote Drogba because he's only just left, and he's left with the parting gift of the UCL, and so people hold him in a higher regard than those still here like Lamps and JT"

"typical hyperbolic exaggerations of a player after they retire/leave the english league. Drogba was/is a class act, but he's no zola"

Also, this poll unfairly disregards JT.

JT is not Chelsea greatest. He might be a legend, captain and that kind of thing, but I mean, you cant say Terry is the kind of player that would win a PL or a UCL for us. Lampard and Drogba are.

Didier I think is above Lampard because the african is the kind of player that improve his game in the big games. You know he is set to score in a final. Lampard was a killer player during 2004 and 2006. After that he became a consistent player and no more than that.

Well, I've never saw Zola playing, but imo the fact he was a amazing player in an avarage side, make him look like he was greater than he really is.Drogba is not only a Chelsea legend, he is a football legend, he is an ambassador of the game, he is a great character off the pitch.

After what he have done this season for us, its unfair to say he is everything but Chelsea greatest. We are not comparing Drogba with Maradona, Zidade or Pele, were comparing him with Lampard and Zola. With all due respect, there is no exaggeration.

Blue Armour and Rambo like this

I would love to help Chelsea in any way, even if they tell me to come and cut the grass. I will do it. — Didier Drogba, via SkySports

I wonder whether he can come back on loan for a few months, like Henry did... if we're playing Arsenal or Barca in knockout cup...

Rambo, capriccioso and SW_Blue like this

He's got the full set now, and at an age when it's time to move on.

A CHELSEA LEGEND, frustrating at times, but unplayable also.

A truly WORLD CLASS player

Thank You Didier

If he goes to the MLS, perhaps we can do what AC Milan did with David Beckham and get him on loan for those cup finals and important last 3-4 months of the season.

One can always hope, I suppose. I hope he does link up with the club again one day, in any capacity. Even as a part time scout. Didier :wub:

gary gordon likes this

Wonder if Mourinho would go for him.

Nah. He's leaving us for first team football, he'll be behind Benzema and possibly Higuain at Real Madrid.

Sorry to go off topic, but if he doesn't get 'Legend' status on FM13 I'll riot.

Nah. He's leaving us for first team football, he'll be behind Benzema and possibly Higuain at Real Madrid.

Sorry to go off topic, but if he doesn't get 'Legend' status on FM13 I'll riot.

True but if there is anyone who can convince them to play sort of second fiddle at a club, it's Mourinho.

I can't comprehend why he's going to China/AFC in general when he still has unfinished business with Cote d'Ivoire. He needs to win an AFCON with them to be recognised as Africa's greatest player, IMO. He will also be loathe to be regarded in his country as a guy that flopped for nation but excelled at club.

Would Drogba get into anyone's all-time Chelsea XI ahead Bobby Tambling now?

He would for me... which is a little hard to say.

I understand what Tambling did for the club and how many goals he scored, but obviously I've seen much more of Drogba, being one of the 'younger' guys on here, and now that he has won the Champions League with us I guess he edges it.

(Now it's time to be sneaky and slip in my updated all-time XI here)

Bonetti

Harris LeBoeuf Terry Le Saux

Makelele Lampard

Zola Mata J.Cole

Drogba

Can't believe Mata's already in it too!

I'm finding it hard to leave out Tambling though, so I guess a "B" team is in order :-

Cech

Ivanovic Carvalho Desailly Cole

Wise Di Matteo Deco Duff

Osgood

Tambling