test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DYC.

Didier Drogba

Started by DYC.,

3,490 posts in this topic

We have 4 strikers for 1 spot and only one of them is realistic a real threat to our opposition.

At the VERY LEAST, Drogba will be just as good as Etoo was this season. That's a very good second choice to have if things are not going well with Costa or if he gets injured.

At the VERY LEAST, Drogba will be just as good as Etoo was this season. That's a very good second choice to have if things are not going well with Costa or if he gets injured.

If this shit happens might as well say we will have the stats in attack as this season..

MrBlueGuy likes this

At the least, the invisible man would be 'as good' as Etoo was last season, he was awful. I find it pretty funny he was mouthing off against Jose, saying so many european teams are after him, he will be playing in the CL, rumoured going to QPR, when were they in CL?? lol

Drogba is a different class, always will be. :)

As a side effect no one notices that this now means the end of Chelsea career for Lukaku or Torres. If it is Torres I am fine but if Lukaku is sold just so Jose can get Drogba back then I think we might have a problem, especially if we plan to replace Lukaku with Drogba for a couple of years.

If Costa doesn't have a great season and we finish 2nd/3rd again without winning a major trophy Jose will get sacked by Roman again. I doubt Jose would bring Droba back just to be safe that if Costa doesn't work out he will call on Drogba. If anything we should have signed Mandzukic instead and if Jose wanted we would have got him too.

Two years ago he hit that penalty that settled it, today he is a legend, he will always be a legend no matter what. This guy is us, he is Chelsea, he can do a job, he can give us something and he can give other players an edge.

I've told my 8 year old boy what happening tonight, he was 6 when Didier struck that penalty and his reaction was amazing……He has just spent the last 2 hours in the garden rein acting his penalty from the CL final and being him.

He hasn't just hit our hearts but he has also reached hearts of kids.

:blue scalf:

Still remember that penalty kick like it was yesterday!

So now hes come back, who are we loaning him out to ?

It has to be Torres, but i do say that in hope... i mean surely we cant send Lukaku out on loan again especially when we have just signed Drogba.

I'm not Lukaku's biggest fan (he is talented but he is nowhere near the 'complete striker' he thinks he is) but I said all along if we sell Lukaku than we need an adequate replacement, not a 36 year old Drogba. I believe Drogba may start a few games here and there and maybe come on late when chasing the lead but his real impact will be in the dressing room and around the camp.

We need a suitable second striker, what if Costa gets injured? Torres is fucking hopeless and Drogba wont be able to play 90 minutes week in week out,... it'll be a big mistake if we sell/loan out Lukaku.

I'm praying our board don't fuck up this marvelous transfer window.

EDIT - i thought you said who are we loaning out... :lol: well my point still stands. :ph34r:

Edited by James

Definitely delighted that he's back. I think it was @remains of the day who said a while back that you need players in the dressing room who have an affinity for the club and who can transmit their passion for the shirt over to new signings. I'm absolutely in agreement with that, but at the same time I wonder how Drogba's presence is going to affect Costa.

We all know how much of a strong personality Didi has. On the plus side that's a great thing because of the leadership he brings but on the down side it makes it very hard for another striker to succeed in his shadow. I really hate to be that person, you know the one who pisses on everyone's parade? But I think people should be cognizant of the knock-on effect that bringing back such a strong personality, who the fans idolize, might have.

Who knows though, maybe it might be better for Costa as it will remove some of the pressure and attention from him...

Daniel1980 and The Mak like this