Didier Drogba

DYC.

On the one side... Meh, he had the perfect ending.

On the other... DIDIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Jose plays him vs Arsenal because he knows how to troll like the best of them.

Even though there are a plethora of reasons why this would fail...fuck it. Sometimes things are not supposed to make sense.

A year long farewell tour for Didi. I'm down. :yay:

Oh, and Torres will be even further down the pecking order. Come home, Didi. :worship:

I'm not a fan of these comebacks... Yeah, it would be great to see him back, but I'm not sure if it's good idea... I will accept this only if Lukaku will stay and Torres will go (and we all know, this is not gonna to happen)...

So I will definitely welcome him back, but not in player role...

Didier, please, let your penalty kick in Munich be your last moment in Chelsea shirt...

We need some presence in the dressing room now that lamps, Cole and Luiz are gone. Not sure he merits a place and bench though

Hopefully we don't see much of him as a player.

I'm not sure it's a good thing if a player who doesn't play regularly has a lot of influence in the dressing room. Team leaders must be on the pitch. I would prefer if some of our first team players step up as new leaders.

The player aspect of the deal worries me a tad, but even in my wildest thoughts I can only see him as a benchwarmer/emergency starter if we have serious injuries. I seriously doubt we are signing him as a legitimate threat to the number one or two striker role which I see going between Costa, and HOPEFULLY Lukaku. Torres can just sit and model our training kits for all I care.

What is valuable is his experience and influence. The amount of times I saw him getting players riled up for games in the tunnel/on the sidelines, sometimes even when not playing himself. During the champions league winning campaign, besides the goals, he struck me as a leader on and off the pitch. So many of our players past and present have said what an impression he has in the dressing room. I hope he can help ;Lukaku with his development and tone him down a lot in terms of media comments/work ethic etc. Because we all know some improvements need to be made to have him even be our number 2 striker. I even think having him working with Diego Costa will benefit our new multi million pound target man, with Didier's experience in big games in the PL as well as how to adapt to the league, it would be brilliant to have him around.

I understand the skepticism because I think most Chelsea fans deep down didn't want him to tarnish the last kick for Chelsea but I can only see the positives in a coaching role for Didier in the future. Getting him in now makes sense, Lamps is gone, Terry will be winding down and Cech's position is under threat with the equally brilliant Thibault. We could do with some wise old heads prevailing in tough times during our season.

I hope Didier can deliver again. Mostly off the pitch, but the odd substitute goal along the way will be great to see.

As far as legacy goes.. you just can't ask for anything better than leaving after your last ever kick being the CL winner. Stupid decision by Didier and the board, Eto'o would have been a FAR better option.

That moment will still exist. I have the memories, videos, pictures etc to prove it. Come to think of it I'd quite like one or two more moments from him. :yay:

^ Nah fuck that, we're small-time like Arsenal with the Henry situation. Instead of looking for NEW leaders let's bring back a 36 year old and tarnish his fairytale ending in Munich.

I remember Henry being quite effective during that loan spell though :D