test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DYC.

Didier Drogba

Started by DYC.,

3,490 posts in this topic
it won't be the same, believe me. Bad last spell(and topping the way Drogba finished his career would be very hard at his age) would taint the great memories. I sympathize AC Milan in Serie A, so I've experienced this several times with Shevchenko's and, to a lesser degree, Kaka's comebacks. Both of them were Milan's legends and gave Milan fans some amazing memories, but their second spells damaged those memories. It's not their fault--they weren't the same players that left the club. It's not rational or logical. It just is.

I know, mate. I have said as much; there are a number of reasons why this isn't a smart move. But if it's going to happen I don't need to talk myself into seeing the good side of it. It's Didier Drogba. :worship: I would much rather have him give us 10 or 20 minutes off the bench at 36 than suffer Torres for any longer.

Madmax, zolayes and Daniel1980 like this

Learn to read you twat, there is no better way to leave a football club!

players would KILL to have an ending like that.

World doesn't spin around you. If I want to direct my message to you, I'll quote you. So mind your manners.

zolayes, ulsterchelsea and chillerz like this

I don't get why people are whining bout this move....the ultimate purpose of this move is Drogba becoming a coach at Chelsea.....and of course he can retire at the club he loves the most :D

His signing is sentimental, so don't expect much else from Drogba....although I think his experience will help the younger players at the club!

I know, mate. I have said as much; there are a number of reasons why this isn't a smart move. But if it's going to happen I don't need to talk myself into seeing the good side of it. It's Didier Drogba. :worship: I would much rather have him give us 10 or 20 minutes off the bench at 36 than suffer Torres for any longer.

Believe me i want that parasite out of this club just as much as you and it makes my skin crawl that he is still here and Eto'o ain't, but we can't just sign strikers on the basis there better than Torres.
Styles likes this

What the hell does that mean? Drogba isn't smart enough to coach? :carlo:

Who better to teach somebody like Lukaku how to use his body than Drogba?

That was in response to the post above describing how he can 'rile up' players in the dressing room etc, what's JT for then?. And do we really have that much invested in Lukaku anymore?, in regards to his future here..

I doubt there was any 'real' rift between Eto'o & Mourinho, the board clearly made a mistake letting him go.

Tomo likes this

Put it this way, 32 year old Eto'o needed a few months to adjust to playing in a major league again, now we release him when he is fully acclimatised to go through the same thing with 36 year old Drogba when we could jyst extend Eto's deal.

The welcome back vs Leicester would be good but beyond that this has nightmare written all over.

tbf, even that wouldn't be good. Hmmm, washed up has-been at Leicester Vs hero in Munich.. hmmm let me think that one over..

Oh, come on!

He's not fucking Bendtner or Heskey is he?

No, he isn't... But like I said, I would welcome him back in non-player role anytime... I think, that he as a player can't give us something special... As some coach? Maybe yes...

I just think it is a horrible idea bring him back to squad...

I'm sure that if all of you, who want him back, will imagine other player with same skill, same age etc. just with diferent name, you will be definitely against his comeback... It's time to move on...

No, let's not go there please.

*you can delete this post as soon as you've read it*

But.. if someone is going to call me a "tool" I have the right to respond to that in the same way.

That was in response to the post above describing how he can 'rile up' players in the dressing room etc, what's JT for then?. And do we really have that much invested in Lukaku anymore?, in regards to his future here..

I doubt there was any 'real' rift between Eto'o & Mourinho, the board clearly made a mistake letting him go.

I always thought as Drogba as the emotional leader of the group. He was just as influential at JT during his time here.

The reports from yesterday suggest Lukaku will have his chance next season. I don't know how much more invested the club can be than that.

Eto'o was very bitter over the comments by Mourinho, his comments since have proven that.

zolayes likes this

*you can delete this post as soon as you've read it*

But.. if someone is going to call me a "tool" I have the right to respond to that in the same way.

And I am responding in this way……No more of the name calling, that goes for yourself and everyone.

No, he isn't... But like I said, I would welcome him back in non-player role anytime... I think, that he as a player can't give us something special... As some coach? Maybe yes...

I just think it is a horrible idea bring him back to squad...

I'm sure that if all of you, who want him back, will imagine other player with same skill, same age etc. just with diferent name, you will be definitely against his comeback... It's time to move on...

I doubt we'll even see him start a single PL or CL match unless it's an absolute emergency. He'll be a late game sub and play in the lesser competitions I'd guess.

Imagine bringing on The Drog in the 80th minute and partnering him with Costa for a few minutes. Fabregas and Hazard feeding him. Sounds like a great "plan B" to me.

Not the ideal striker we should be bringing in, but it'll do for a season.

zolayes likes this

Master stroke by Mourinho! Not only will Arsenal be even more mentally defeated for two games a year, it might even make them lose it for other games.

But seriously Drogba will barely play and he'll be teaching most of the time. It will be a farewell tour.

chillerz and Eidur the Spider like this

probably unpopular opinion but still i don't get what's the deal with that his last kick won us the CL, i see no problem him returning for a season as a emergency backup player ( in that case i'd like lukaku to stay to have solid young 2nd choice) and then he can become a part of a coaching team.

i agree that he'd be better here off the pitch, but i don't see him being available on the bench as a disaster.

Master stroke by Mourinho! Not only will Arsenal be even more mentally defeated for two games a year, it might even make them lose it for other games.

But seriously Drogba will barely play and he'll be teaching most of the time. It will be a farewell tour.

like you posts but you av reminds me of those Manure cunts :blue scalf: