test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Wolves

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Higuain
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

353 posts in this topic
16 minutes ago, communicate said:

Really? Higuain looked slow which has been pointed out by Sarri but he did absolutely fine. He doesn't look close to Morata. He hold the ball well and tried to connect with his teammate. Our midfield and our fb is more of the problem. 

He was awful. Yeah you can talk about service but he was bossed all game and didn't cause them any problems. Looks lethargic too.

1905didierblue likes this

Just now, Stats said:

He was awful. Yeah you can talk about service but he was bossed all game and didn't cause them any problems. Looks lethargic too.

He has looked lethargic since his first day. But he was playing against 3 cb. They way Sarri football is setup, he is playing almost as lone wolf in the box. 

31 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

I think we must look at this as a point gained, in the grand scheme of things.

We were poor - we looked tired from Thursday night. Wolves were so good, so disciplined. It doesn't matter that they only had one chance, they took it. We were doing the same thing a few years back. 

We had no creation, no spark, no invention today. Kovacic was disgustingly bad, Jorginho was ponderous - until Ruben came on, we didn't have a midfield. The biggest issue is our full-backs - they are so far behind play that it narrows our attack and means we inevitably have to recycle and play backwards in 90% of our attacking plays. 

CHO struggled when he came on; he looked out of his depth in my very humble opinion. 

I have to say that we were lucky today. We didn't create a single proper chance. You only have to look at their goalkeeper barely making a save. Hazard - who was utterly anonymous again - saved the day with the single positive thing he did in 94 minutes. 

If we somehow sneak into the top four by May, Sarri is a genius. The squad is shockingly bad. 

Thank god somebody said it. This may be his best year of his career at Chelsea statistically but for our best player his inconsistency in performances are scary. 

We were 1-0 down, against a side who has already beaten us and taken many points off top 6 clubs. 1 point isnt the worst outcome, we lacked in attack again, couldnt break down a hugely disciplined side. Needs improved.

Also Emerson and Alonso arent great options at LB. For all the slagging Alonso gets even when plays okay Emerson gets some sort of special treatment especially when his attacking threat is meant to separate him from Marcos. Where was it today? 

bigbluewillie and BlueLion. like this

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Kovacic's dramatic inconsistency in such an important position is the biggest issue. 

BOTH fullback positions are even worse, as NONE of the four remotely good enough

we have options to perma bench Kovacic

Johnnyeye likes this

23 minutes ago, mccg said:

Everton need to be downed again at goodison next now !

we will find a way to make them look world class

Unpopular opinion but Rudiger ain't it. His error prone and has less of an upside to him than Luiz. I would spend all our budget in the summer on a whole new back 4. Never mind a striker. 

Johnnyeye and El P. like this

This side is screaming for a player like Cesc with that last surgical pass.  At least we didn't lose...

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

we will find a way to make them look world class

We just need to score in the 1st half. We have won most  Games in which we have scored 1st in the 1st half

Johnnyeye likes this

Just now, Vytis33 said:

This side is screaming for a player like Cesc with that last surgical pass.  At least we didn't lose...

giphy.gif

Letting him go to Monaco looks worse and worse each passing week

Johnnyeye and bigbluewillie like this

Just now, Vybz Kartel said:

We just need to score in the 1st half. We have won most  Games in which we have scored 1st in the 1st half

the big question here is can we? or will we?

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

BOTH fullback positions are even worse, as NONE of the four remotely good enough

we have options to perma bench Kovacic

Emerson is fine. I agree with what you said earlier about Azpi becoming a problem. Sad to say it, but he looks shaky these days. Very limited going forward and now even lets us down defensively which has never been the case in years past.

I would say that a top RB needs to be a priority this summer but now that it's looking grim with the transfer ban we'll be stuck with Azpi and Zappa there.

Johnnyeye likes this

41 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ii wasnt played for, RLC got smashed

Just me I guess. Whenever I play on sundays, I refuse to stop the game for fks simply because it takes time 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Emerson is fine. I agree with what you said earlier about Azpi becoming a problem. Sad to say it, but he looks shaky these days. Very limited going forward and now even lets us down defensively which has never been the case in years past.

I would say that a top RB needs to be a priority this summer but now that it's looking grim with the transfer ban we'll be stuck with Azpi and Zappa there.

I actually think we might win the CAS deferral appeal

I also fear we get the summer window, dont do much

and then are FUCKED until summer 2021

and even worse, on the actual ban appeal at CAS, they INCREASE the length

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Promote from the academy. Reece James, Ola Aina, couple of options there. Have to come in. I cant watch another season with Azpi as undisputed first choice RB

Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Ola Aina, couple of options there.

Ola Aina is GONE

Torino is exercising the £8m buy option

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We need a whole new back 4. I would spend our entire budget on that. Look at how much a quality CB like VVD transformed Liverpool. Mane, salah and firmino are just as good as what we have upfront at the moment. It's our defence that's the problem, even last season. What ultimately cost us was our defence more than the attacking side of our team

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Promote from the academy. Reece James, Ola Aina, couple of options there. Have to come in. I cant watch another season with Azpi as undisputed first choice RB

Yeah. Azpi at CB was a liability in certain matches against tall strikers, but if honestly rather see him there than at RB. We need someone highly technical who can reliably provide service there. 

Strike likes this

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't know why people are slating Higuain after a match like that. Lone striker with 3 CB's standing right next to him and the majority of the rest of their players crowding the area. What could he have done today? Especially when the crosses and service into him were atrocious for the most part.

Kovacic's dramatic inconsistency in such an important position is the biggest issue. He looked fantastic in midweek but invisible today. He offers nothing going forward. Ruben's more direct and aggressive style was night and day and he looked far more dangerous.

Midweek he played different position.  He should never play in most attacking role. 

38 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

Sarri is a poison that needs to be extinguished this summer. Everyone's excuse is that Sarri needs time to build his own team with his players but with the transfer ban coming up, what hope do we have with this manager? Nothing. We need to bring in a manager that is able to work well with youth players and can build a good team from all our current players out on loan, with the ones we already have. 

Name the manager then? You will be lucky finding a decent manager coming here knowing a transfer ban is imminent and expecting to last 2 or 3 Windows.

Who would you bring in?