test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Wolves

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Higuain
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

353 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Lads, if Arsenal and United draw and we win our game in hand, we will go 4th. So not all is lost. We just missed the chance to go 3rd.

if if if ... we are shit, not deserve the 4th place.

Johnnyeye and 11Drogba like this

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

fuck all these ifs ifs ifs, we are useless end of, we never take advantage.

I think you may have missed the rather large pinch of salt that came with that comment.

Johnnyeye likes this

We are still atrocious. Simply not good enough. With the transfer ban coming up its absolutely vital to get rid of the smoking one (can take his darling Jorginho with him) and find another coach.

Johnnyeye likes this

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

Higuaín, again looks out his depth. He just does not seem to have the physical levels for the PL. Bar 2 goals against Huddersfield and one against Fulham, all the other games, he reminds me of Morata. Can't get into the game. It is worrying. He offered nothing at all today. Really needed that win but will take that. But huge blow. Because we have a tough away game next week, where I reckon we may drop points also. So glad Hazard stepped up there because this was another game where you are thinking, this is where you need your big players to stand up and he did exactly that. But big chance blown here.

Really? Higuain looked slow which has been pointed out by Sarri but he did absolutely fine. He doesn't look close to Morata. He hold the ball well and tried to connect with his teammate. Our midfield and our fb is more of the problem. 

these are the players I rate

Kepa

Rudiger (monster, thank fuck we have him)

Luiz WHEN he doesn't make idiot mistakes (which is all too fucking often) needs to go go and be MASSIVELY upgraded

AC has improved a lot IMHO, still not a great CB though

Amps (more time needed!)

Kante (monster)

RLC

sometimes Jorginho (he is so so poor under pressure though) super frustrating

Wilian (I know a shock, but he has been superb lately and I think he can play MF more)

Hazard (when he is in the mood(not often enough!) he is a monster

CHO

Pedro (so erratic though)

Giroud for park the bus games ONLY

the rest can sod off!!!!

Unionjack and Johnnyeye like this

Kudos to Sarri, did everything really well today.

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Really? Higuain looked slow which has been pointed out by Sarri but he did absolutely fine. He doesn't look close to Morata. He hold the ball well and tried to connect with his teammate. Our midfield and our fb is more of the problem. 

Tell me what he did in the second half.

The only thing he did was create a half chance for RLC.

Face it, he isn't the type of striker to succeed against a packed defense with decent quality like Wolves. We were playing with 10 men, especially after they opened the scoring

6 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

I think we must look at this as a point gained, in the grand scheme of things.

We were poor - we looked tired from Thursday night. Wolves were so good, so disciplined. It doesn't matter that they only had one chance, they took it. We were doing the same thing a few years back. 

We had no creation, no spark, no invention today. Kovacic was disgustingly bad, Jorginho was ponderous - until Ruben came on, we didn't have a midfield. The biggest issue is our full-backs - they are so far behind play that it narrows our attack and means we inevitably have to recycle and play backwards in 90% of our attacking plays. 

CHO struggled when he came on; he looked out of his depth in my very humble opinion. 

I have to say that we were lucky today. We didn't create a single proper chance. You only have to look at their goalkeeper barely making a save. Hazard - who was utterly anonymous again - saved the day with the single positive thing he did in 94 minutes. 

If we somehow sneak into the top four by May, Sarri is a genius. The squad is shockingly bad. 

Indeed our fullbacks are awful. There is no width, no wing play because they dont overlap quickly enough. That forces us to either play through middle which is parked with opposing players or pass to wingers who end up isolated.

5 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

If we somehow sneak into the top four by May, Sarri is a genius. The squad is shockingly bad. 

Disagree. If we get top 4 by May, then he is damn right lucky. Because it’s not just the players that is letting us down, it’s Sarri as well.

He keeps choosing the wrong selection for these games. No plan B as well. Yes, the subs were spot on today but it was done too late. These subs should have been done at HT.

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

49 minutes ago, Vesper said:

insanely STUPID sale 

he was a great 60th, 70th minute lock pick option

Deffo , especially not bringing somebody in , in we don't finish top4 i'd point to that sale(i say sale , think that deal was a joke also!) you can near guarantee Fab would by way of assists,goals,etc got us 6+ extra points by now, i said before the game thats what we would need for this game. grrrr with triple grrrr. Everton need to be downed again at goodison next now !

Never expected 6 points from this and Everton game. 4 would be great but it's going to be so difficult to win next week. At some point we would have to decide between PL and EL. 

Johnnyeye likes this

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Tell me what he did in the second half.

The only thing he did was create a half chance for RLC.

Face it, he isn't the type of striker to succeed against a packed defense with decent quality like Wolves. We were playing with 10 men, especially after they opened the scoring

2nd half he did nothing. But that is not the problem. Higuain is least of my concern. The fact that we created zero opening let alone chances especially in the 1st half was concerning. 

Sarri is a poison that needs to be extinguished this summer. Everyone's excuse is that Sarri needs time to build his own team with his players but with the transfer ban coming up, what hope do we have with this manager? Nothing. We need to bring in a manager that is able to work well with youth players and can build a good team from all our current players out on loan, with the ones we already have. 

Bosnian Blue and Johnnyeye like this

Don't know why people are slating Higuain after a match like that. Lone striker with 3 CB's standing right next to him and the majority of the rest of their players crowding the area. What could he have done today? Especially when the crosses and service into him were atrocious for the most part.

Kovacic's dramatic inconsistency in such an important position is the biggest issue. He looked fantastic in midweek but invisible today. He offers nothing going forward. Ruben's more direct and aggressive style was night and day and he looked far more dangerous.

communicate and OneMoSalah like this

Other than that stupid counter that we concede we didn't give wolves sniff of goal. Defensively I have no problem. We are playing with David Luiz as our cb after all. There is no way we can be  absolute rock defensively. 

Offensively, this has been a theme for us especially against team who defend deep. In the 1st half. It was absolutely atrocious. Pass left no space. Pass right no space back to the left still no space. No clue. That was the story in the 1st half. Emerson and Azpi did not contribute much offensively. And we definitely should not sign kova to permanent deal.