test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Said Benrahma

Started by Unionjack,

59 posts in this topic

If Werner is predominantly supposed to play CF, this would a necessary and smart transfer i'd say.

Am just so excited about our signing this window this is crazy, option in the front is madness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am not too sure about this transfer if true - although that may be due to my own ignorance as I have only caught Brentford on the highlights Sky put up on there website, so I have not seen enough of him. 

Personally, I think he is a bit of a risk as he has only been Champo football and, at a reported £30-£35m, he is hardly cheap. A further thing that confuses me is that he would presumably come in as a AM3/4 and be behind Puli and Ziyech and fighting it out with CHO. As a result, one of the principal times we need him (when Ziyech goes off to the ACoN) he will also be off to play for Algeria. On top of this, we also currently have a buyout of £13m'ish for Boga and then you have someone like Torres as Valencia who is going into their last year (although with Torres I am not sure we would be the right club for him as we already have two young AM's, he is pretty lightweight and I can imagine Barca and Real will be after him.) Then you also have someone like Gallagher who has shown a lot of promise coming through (although I want him to stay on loan for another 1-2 years.) 

All in all, if we are looking for a AM3/4 I think there are better options out there, unless this bloke is a real top talent but somehow found himself in the Champo at 24. 

Liuxas likes this

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

I am not too sure about this transfer if true - although that may be due to my own ignorance as I have only caught Brentford on the highlights Sky put up on there website, so I have not seen enough of him. 

Personally, I think he is a bit of a risk as he has only been Champo football and, at a reported £30-£35m, he is hardly cheap. A further thing that confuses me is that he would presumably come in as a AM3/4 and be behind Puli and Ziyech and fighting it out with CHO. As a result, one of the principal times we need him (when Ziyech goes off to the ACoN) he will also be off to play for Algeria. On top of this, we also currently have a buyout of £13m'ish for Boga and then you have someone like Torres as Valencia who is going into their last year (although with Torres I am not sure we would be the right club for him as we already have two young AM's, he is pretty lightweight and I can imagine Barca and Real will be after him.) Then you also have someone like Gallagher who has shown a lot of promise coming through (although I want him to stay on loan for another 1-2 years.) 

All in all, if we are looking for a AM3/4 I think there are better options out there, unless this bloke is a real top talent but somehow found himself in the Champo at 24. 

Good point about afcon

we sold the buy back clause for boga and got a sell on clause sadly

i agree his too expensive and not worth the gamble. I actually don’t think we need to sign a 4th am/winger. Ziyech, puli, Cho and one from the academy like anjorin should do. 

15 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Good point about afcon

we sold the buy back clause for boga and got a sell on clause sadly

i agree his too expensive and not worth the gamble. I actually don’t think we need to sign a 4th am/winger. Ziyech, puli, Cho and one from the academy like anjorin should do. 

I do not know. AM is probably one of the most demanding positions due to the amount of work that they have to put in. If we just have CHO, Puli and Ziyech then we are down to the bare bones, as 'Arry would say, with one injury/suspension/AfCoN. 

To be honest, an ideal for me right now would be to sign Willian for one more year as he could tide us over whilst Ziyech beds in and hopefully CHO can kick on. However, he appears to be a bit of a joker and seriously want three years. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Good. However, the problem still rears it's head then. For me, Said B is not really a gamble we should be taking, unless he really is a great player. As I said, I have only watched Brentford via the highlights on Sky, so I cannot say I have seen enough of him to form a judgement. However, £30-35m for a Champo player seems excessive to me when there are other options that have been playing at a higher level. 

19 hours ago, King Kante said:

I do not know. AM is probably one of the most demanding positions due to the amount of work that they have to put in. If we just have CHO, Puli and Ziyech then we are down to the bare bones, as 'Arry would say, with one injury/suspension/AfCoN. 

To be honest, an ideal for me right now would be to sign Willian for one more year as he could tide us over whilst Ziyech beds in and hopefully CHO can kick on. However, he appears to be a bit of a joker and seriously want three years. 

I could imagine he is just a contingency option in case we don’t get Kai and Willian leaves as well. 

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

What a goal he scored, just outstanding.

I need to watch him more, lolol

he sounds like he has been on a tear for ages

killer1257 likes this

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

What a goal he scored, just outstanding.

The guy is a natural, got the skills. I'm fully satisfied if we are getting this guy when we let willian go.

NikkiCFC, Vesper and DDA like this

27 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

The guy is a natural, got the skills. I'm fully satisfied if we are getting this guy when we let willian go.

hell of a strike, just wow

question is, would he get that separation to get the shot off against EPL defenders

killer1257 likes this

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

hell of a strike, just wow

question is, would he get that separation to get the shot off against EPL defenders

He would if our defenders are anything to go by 

kellzfresh likes this

Curious, which would you guys prefer?

Spend the amount on Havertz. 

Or spend the amount on Benrahma, a top CB and LB? Move Ziyech to the number 8 with CHO/Benrahma & Pulisic for the wing positions?