test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Vesper

Luka Jović

Started by Vesper,

147 posts in this topic
17 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Another top striker we miss out on. 

Never had a chance. Was obvious Barca and Real would go for him. Whos gonna turn them down for us? Realisitically?

1905didierblue and Vesper like this

Never had a chance. Was obvious Barca and Real would go for him. Whos gonna turn them down for us? Realisitically?

People kept saying (including his father) that playing time was key. He wasn't starting ahead of Suarez and I don't see him starting ahead of Benzema. Also, a deal to sign Rodrygo is all but a done and Diaz was brought back to the club last summer.

Weird decision if that really was the deciding factor, as he'll effectively be vying with 3 other strikers at Real.

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

People kept saying (including his father) that playing time was key. He wasn't starting ahead of Suarez and I don't see him starting ahead of Benzema (Rodrygo is all but a done deal and they also have Diaz).

Weird decision if that really was the deciding factor.

I thought real would have went for icardi 

They probably didn't want the drama tbh.

44 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

People kept saying (including his father) that playing time was key. He wasn't starting ahead of Suarez and I don't see him starting ahead of Benzema. Also, a deal to sign Rodrygo is all but a done and Diaz was brought back to the club last summer.

Weird decision if that really was the deciding factor, as he'll effectively be vying with 3 other strikers at Real.

He will get plenty time, Real are wanting to offload Mariano and Benzema needs real competition, has done since they sold off Higuain to Napoli years ago. Diaz and Rodrygo are wingers.

RM will be doing their rebuild swiftly.....they wont hang around for eons and hassle, they identify and go for the kill, as it should be. Barca will do the same.

He will get plenty time, Real are wanting to offload Mariano and Benzema needs real competition, has done since they sold off Higuain to Napoli years ago. Diaz and Rodrygo are wingers.

I was talking about Mariano.

Rodrygo, Vinicius, Hazard & Asensio vying to play in their preferred position?

The club don't have a natural plan during these transfer sprees.

RM will be doing their rebuild swiftly.....they wont hang around for eons and hassle, they identify and go for the kill, as it should be. Barca will do the same.

It helps when there is only one other club to compete in the market domestically.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Those 4 are wingers though. Jovic is a 9. Benzema is 30 odd, he needs a longterm replacement. Real wont care because they need to improve and in typical fashion they throw money at 5-10 players.

Those 4 are wingers though. Jovic is a 9. Benzema is 30 odd, he needs a longterm replacement. Real wont care because they need to improve and in typical fashion they throw money at 5-10 players.
He didn't want to play second fiddle to Suarez. What's he going to do at Real?

Players motives are all over the place.

42 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He didn't want to play second fiddle to Suarez. What's he going to do at Real?

Players motives are all over the place.

I think youll be surprised how often he will play. He offers a slightly more physical approach than Benzema. Both are very rounded but Benzema for all his positives struggles with consistency. Suarez is still very capable of magic on his day and probably be first choice at Barca undoubtedly where as Jovic has more chance to get in ahead of Benzema 110%. Be harder to displace Suarez than Benzema.

8 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

So I am guessing hazard would be a RM player days/hours after EL final

Tbh I am at the stage where next season is a write off the club is in a right mess and we should use the next season to restructure the club but that won’t happen because logic doesn’t apply to the people behind the scenes of Chelsea football club. I honestly don’t know what to say anymore.

Atomiswave likes this

14 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Benzema is washed up, and he was not ZZ's pet, he was/is Florentino Pérez's. Diaz is pure shit, massive flop since they brought him back, and Rodrygo will play winger. Jovic made a brilliant decision.

Atomiswave likes this

15 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Another top striker we miss out on. 

Our board like signing washed up strikers it wouldnt surprise me we try to sign cavani

Atomiswave likes this

14 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It helps when there is only one other club to compete in the market domestically.

Yeah those 2 will always have a big pull, but they still do things swiftly. Having proper footy people at the helm helps a lot, we lack it.

6 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

So I am guessing hazard would be a RM player days/hours after EL final

If not already done for.

Benzema is washed up, and he was not ZZ's pet, he was/is Florentino Pérez's. Diaz is pure shit, massive flop since they brought him back, and Rodrygo will play winger. Jovic made a brilliant decision.

Benzema hasn't looked washed up for most of this season.

17 hours ago, LAM09 said:
17 hours ago, the wes said:

They probably didn't want the drama tbh.

They made smart choice. Jovic is allround, modern striker with massive potential. Icardi is flat track bully. Fantastic finisher, but does fuck all in buildup and his wife issues...just not worth it.

I know we cant do shit in competition with Real to sign Jovic, but we need to get a goddamn top striker. Cavani, Icardi,...Chelsea would love to sign them but either will flop, you just know it. If we cant get top striker like Jovic, then we need a promising one like Lautaro, Richarlison etc.

They made smart choice. Jovic is allround, modern striker with massive potential. Icardi is flat track bully. Fantastic finisher, but does fuck all in buildup and his wife issues...just not worth it.
I know we cant do shit in competition with Real to sign Jovic, but we need to get a goddamn top striker. Cavani, Icardi,...Chelsea would love to sign them but either will flop, you just know it. If we cant get top striker like Jovic, then we need a promising one like Lautaro, Richarlison etc.
The train for Cavani is long gone. I'd still like the club go after Jovic's current strike partner, Haller.

We need to stop overspending on names and go for someone with a decent track record thus far. He'll probably be the cheapest option amongst the names mentioned too.