• Higuain
    • Willian (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think this will be ou first true look at Higuain. Unlike Wednesday, Bournemouth will actually try to play football and not stack their whole team in their own half. He should have space here and they have a terrible defensive record.

Obviously a must win game. I pray that Emerson gets the nod ahead of Alonso and I hope Kovacic is preferred to Barkley. Maybe even RLC in that attacking midfield spot to give us pace and dynamism. I really don't want to see Alonso and Barkley force us to play ponderous and excruciatingly slowly like we did for much of today's game.

We need to play fast and direct against them.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
7 minutes ago, Vesper said:
That is our absolute strongest lineup we can field IMHO.

Only really debate is RLC. No one has still nailed down the AMF spot, so the cycle goes on.

A case could be made for Kovacic, but he is driving me absolutely crazy that he cannot score.

There are still holes in either one that need upgrading (both fullbacks, AMF (as you said) and RW are the most glaring (plus CB if Luiz leaves, and obviously LW if Eden bails, plus CF if Higs doesn't work out)

We are a team of so many

giphy.gif

A case could be made for Kovacic, but he is driving me absolutely crazy that he cannot score.
There are still holes in either one that need upgrading (both fullbacks, AMF (as you said) and RW are the most glaring (plus CB if Luiz leaves, and obviously LW if Eden bails, plus CF if Higs doesn't work out)
We are a team of so many
giphy.gif
It's astonishing tbh. He's getting close to Mikel numbers & that just isn't acceptable.

Not to mention the potential ban we could be facing. Roman either has to invest properly or give youth a proper chance (Mount, James, Tammy, etc).

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

In this type of match, I agree.  It's Kovacic or RLC.  RLC in a match like this.  Kovacic in a match where we have to be a little more defensively sound.

sound thinking

especially the NO ALONSO part!!!!

Image result for marcos ALONSO sad

On 1/27/2019 at 5:35 PM, Sideshow Luiz said:

Hazard - Higuain - Pedro

RLC - Jorginho - Kante

Emerson - Luiz - Rudiger - Azpi

Kepa

Kinda would like to see AC over Rudiger; give Rud a rest and he has played sloppy in recent games.