test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vesper

Ryan Gravenberch

Started by Vesper,

Ryan Gravenberch

We should be all over this lad. Looks to be the next possible teen superstar Dutch MF'er. Best U18 player I have ever posted on here IMHO.

Gravenberch made his Ajax debut v PSV on 23-09-2018 and became their youngest debutante ever at 16 years and 130 days. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3uyMMewk36uc8WxMgFTgphne2ab05bewSPfZbL1GiRUZx-IMo

c62e21074037cc576e0dc9e8cb7b759d.png

16bbfdf61729cfed029817cecaad41cd.png

6f8fd10c713bb3f935e184e3f6042e50.png

06f7b3594e7ff3a645ac1f290f9fec51.png

f2feb8c125d034cfc856277e0e42208c.png

0cb5ede1dfffa77f75fad0a54b8af7e3.png

Style of play:

– powerful, skilful & creative midfielder

– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations

– well-rounded, hard-working team player

– midfielder that imposes himself on the pitch with his physicality, work rate, energy and determination

– likes to play short passes

– likes to shoot from distance

– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his size, technique and good close control

– possesses high stamina, energy and the ability to go on lung bursting runs through the middle of the park

– elegant and composed under pressure

– his stamina, determination, and pace enables him to cover a lot of ground ground

– possesses excellent technique on the ball, vision, decision taking on the ball and passing ability at all distances

– able to make effective late runs into opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to exploit his good shooting skills

– determined in defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide key interceptions, clearances and tackles

– competent direct/indirect set-piece taker

– good ambidexterity using his left weaker foot

– fairly good in the air

– very accomplished for his age

He is best suited to playing as:

Central midfielder in 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3

gravenberch1.jpg?w=700&h=

Achievements:

ABN Amro Future Cup 2017 best player.

ABN Amro Future Cup 2018 winner with Ajax.

2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship winner with Netherlands.

Description:

Ryan Gravenberch is considered to be one of the most talented youngsters of his generation in Europe. In 2017 he was selected as the best player of the very prestigious tournament ABN AMRO Future Cup – annual friendly international youth tournament which is organized by Ajax Amsterdam. Despite being only 16, he is already a regular at U19 level for Ajax and featured in this season’s UEFA Youth League, becoming the youngest ever scorer in the tournament. His older brother Danzell is also a footballer currently playing for Belgian side KSV Roeselare on loan from Reading.

Quotes:

“The classy central midfielder, who has a similar playing style to Paul Pogba, can be seen gliding through games with his height, strength and dribbling ability making him difficult to stop. He is also a fantastic passer and scores goals regularly with his driving runs into the box.”

019e4a8e748529137b1a7cd3f6f05234.png

Gravenberch delighted after making Ajax debut

http://www.football-oranje.com/gravenberch-delighted-after-making-ajax-debut/

maxresdefault.jpg

Ryan-Gravenberch-ProShots.jpggravenberch-ajax-debut.pngryan-gravenberch-fete-son-titre-de-champion-d-europe-u17-avec-son-coequipier-brian-brobbey_237279.jpgDlaEc0iX0AEoJM0.jpg

One to Watch #1: Ryan Gravenberch

https://www.mokumfc.nl/ajaxya/one-to-watch-1-ryan-gravenberch/

mccg, Unionjack and BlueSunshine like this

10 minutes ago, mccg said:

Deffo 1 to keep tabs on ,tho Ajax might be still pissed with what happened here...Daishawn Redan: Ajax pressure forced me to make Chelsea move

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/daishawn-redan-ajax-pressure-forced-me-to-make-chelsea-move-4236935

He has insane ball control ad dribbling skills. So advanced for his age. It is crazy that he is only 15 and 16 yo in all those videos. Easy to toss out Pogba comparisons but, shit, he is as close as I have seen at that age, and Pogba even now cannot dribble like that under extreme duress. His shooting looks very good, and will continue to improve. He also seems very mature and not at all a showboat/flash type.

I will be shocked if he isn.t a major star in 3 or so years, like de Jong and de Light.

BTW, I really like what I have seen of Redan as well.:cig:

mccg likes this

42 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

People at Ajax are crazy about him. Some think he will be better than De Jong and De Ligt

de Jong perhaps, de Ligt is a CB so harder to compare, and I am on record that de Ligt will be the best CB on the planet in 3 to 4 years. In 6 years, when Gravenberch is 22, Pogba and Saúl Ñíguez (the 2 best CMF's on planet IMHO) will be over 30, so yes, I can see that happening (RG being best CMF on planet), unless de Jong is truly as good as I think he can be, but even he is 5 years older than Gravenberch, so eventually he slows down too (not from 9 or 10 more years) LOLOL, in 10 years RG will only be 26!

I would pay £40m (or more) RIGHT NOW for Gravenberch, sign him to a 7 year deal (with a performance-based tiered wage structure as incentive), and loan him back to Ajax for 2 years.

Summer of 2021 bring him to the Bridge and UNLEASH him as 19-20yo monster. Hell, he might be ready as a 18-19yo, as he is a already a big , strong lad at 16.

I would be a very aggressive DoF (or even better, owner). Players like Gravenberch, João Félix, de Ligt, Hakimi, Jovic or Werner, Dembele, etc etc. thats my template.

If I was Ratcliffe rich, say hello to Mbappe in that mix too. :D

(and THIS finally as well):

Related image

Herzog-de-Meuron-.-New-Chelsea-FC-Stadium-.-London-11.jpg

new-stadium-chelsea.jpgd.jpg?1449057782

Unionjack and Johnnyeye like this

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

People at Ajax are crazy about him. Some think he will be better than De Jong and De Ligt

Potentially. I think Ajax knew how good de Jong and de Ligt could become but didnt expect such a fast trajectory for them. Could be same for this gut if he were to be a regular feature. Great club for talent though, hope they never change being so committed to young players. So many guys like Sneidjer, Van der Vaart, Ibrahimovic, Suarez, Huntelaar, Seedorf have all gone through Ajax at some point and all have had amazing careers, along with countless others. De Jong, De Ligt, Neres, Dolberg are all gonna go on to bigger things too in next few seasons.

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Potentially. I think Ajax knew how good de Jong and de Ligt could become but didnt expect such a fast trajectory for them. Could be same for this gut if he were to be a regular feature. Great club for talent though, hope they never change being so committed to young players. So many guys like Sneidjer, Van der Vaart, Ibrahimovic, Suarez, Huntelaar, Seedorf have all gone through Ajax at some point and all have had amazing careers, along with countless others. De Jong, De Ligt, Neres, Dolberg are all gonna go on to bigger things too in next few seasons.

Image result for cruyff  ajax

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Image result for cruyff  ajax

Obviously the man himself too but I am talking guys who are more modern day.

Even then nobody will forget Cryuff because the effect he had on football as a whole is still huge in the modern day, your Peps, Bielsas, Sarris etc and the likes of Barcelona, Holland and Ajax as a whole all have his influence ingrained in their philosophies and traditions. Without Cryuff none of these guys or clubs would be as they are. Hes arguably one of the most important figures in modern footballing history. Not even just for his legacy as a player, as a manager.

!Hazard! and Vesper like this

LOOKS good. Very young tho and you know what that means. 5 or 6 loans then he loses faith and loses his instinct and we put him on the wood pile.

Watched 1 but Will watch rest of vids later tho.

Vesper likes this

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

LOOKS good. Very young tho and you know what that means. 5 or 6 loans then he loses faith and loses his instinct and we put him on the wood pile.

I think he will be good enough to start almost full-time in 2 or less years. He gives me same tingles as Mbappe in 2016. Time will tell, but since I joined this board he is the best U18 I have posted.

He is 187cm and still growing too. I think he will top out at 191cm or so, same as Pogba. Watch his drive and dribbling, it's cray for a kid his age and height.:wub:

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Bookmark this prediction.

He will been one of the stars at the 2022 WC. The Netherlands will have an insane MF. Great mix of a huge youth class mixed with old head experience

Frenkie de Jong   

Ryan Gravenberch 

Donny van de Beek

Pablo Rosario  <<< watch him too, 22yo (just turn 2 weeks ago) really coming on strong (a CMF/DMF/CB , 1.88m) at PSV
Georginio Wijnaldum   
Kevin Strootman    
Marten de Roon    
Carel Eiting    

Tonny Vilhena    
Jorrit Hendrix   
Guus Til   
Jean-Paul Boëtius   
Teun Koopmeiners   

!Hazard! likes this