• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

CHO - Giroud - Pedro

Barkley - Jorginho - Kante

Emerson - Luiz - AC - Azpi

Personally, I'd rotate a bit more, but that's who I think he'll go with.  Marina can bring in Jorginho's back-up any time now...

Rotate? Sarri be like...

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

Doubt we would be surprised one bit if Sarri ends up fielding the same old starting XI here!

12 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

CHO - Giroud - Pedro

Barkley - Jorginho - Kante

Emerson - Luiz - AC - Azpi

Personally, I'd rotate a bit more, but that's who I think he'll go with.  Marina can bring in Jorginho's back-up any time now...

Hazard has gone of the boil recently, but you really think our best player should be benched in a crucial game like this. We have Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday. That is when he should be resting likes of Hazard.

I worry for Sarri here. If he can't get a tune out of the players or show no signs of changing things up personnel wise a little and we lose I think the atmosphere will turn toxic on both him and some of the players.

Spurs should be there for the taking though and you would like to hope that if this group of players have personal pride that they'll be hell bent on righting the wrongs of the Arsenal game.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I worry for Sarri here. If he can't get a tune out of the players or show no signs of changing things up personnel wise a little and we lose I think the atmosphere will turn toxic on both him and some of the players.

Spurs should be there for the taking though and you would like to hope that if this group of players have personal pride that they'll be hell bent on righting the wrongs of the Arsenal game.

That's because we Chelsea are a toxic club. I'm actually disgusted at how quick our fans have fully turned on Sarri and embarrassed knowing how quick the players could too. This game vs Spurs could literally make or break the dressing room if the Arsenal game hasnt already.

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

That's because we Chelsea are a toxic club. I'm actually disgusted at how quick our fans have fully turned on Sarri and embarrassed knowing how quick the players could too. This game vs Spurs could literally make or break the dressing room if the Arsenal game hasnt already.

I detest the board far more than Sarri

my main issue with him is that we wont ever try to adapt away (if even for a bit) from this fucked up 4 3 3 straitjacket

also his lack of rotation

and trotting out

u-g-F3MM1T0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

Image result for willian

49640ec2800589859cd8db98abfe0a91.png

most bloody games

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

Yeah the fan base has a shorter patience than the board at times. Without this coming out the wrong way (and I don't want it to be seen as a knock on anybody) but our fan base has grown to ridiculous levels over the last 10-15 years. That is also a generation of success. There is a significant proportion of fans who have started supporting Chelsea or kids growing up supporting Chelsea who have only ever experienced success and I do think this has an effect on the lack of patience when you see comments on social media, etc.

I view it as the same for me watching NFL. I'm a big New Orleans Saints fan but I have only been following it for 10 years and they've had Drew Brees at quarterback the whole period who will go down as one of the all time greats. In all likelihood he will retire in another year or two and it'll be difficult to adjust to the team being led by a new quarterback and the comparison and expectations will always turn back to Drew Brees, and naturally I think there won't be much patience because fans are used to how great the quarterback has been.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah the fan base has a shorter patience than the board at times.

How patience should we be with a rigid manager as Sarri? I can be patient but Sarri is reaching the level of insanity with doing the same thing again, again, and again. It really makes it very easy for fanbase to turn on a coach who doesn't try and think he can make a brake through by banging his head on the wall constantly. 

He talks about lack of motivation from his players, maybe it is time to drop some players to make a point. Look at Pep he dropped Kyle Walker who is arguably the best in his position for 3 straight games after subpar performances. What does Sarri do? he rewards the players.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Rotate? Sarri be like...

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

Doubt we would be surprised one bit if Sarri ends up fielding the same old starting XI here!

We win this game with Alonso and Willian and they gonna be even more undroppable.

We win this game with Emerson and CHO, Sarri will bench the two 100% for next 10 PL games.

Its a lose lose scenario anyway.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah the fan base has a shorter patience than the board at times. Without this coming out the wrong way (and I don't want it to be seen as a knock on anybody) but our fan base has grown to ridiculous levels over the last 10-15 years. That is also a generation of success. There is a significant proportion of fans who have started supporting Chelsea or kids growing up supporting Chelsea who have only ever experienced success and I do think this has an effect on the lack of patience when you see comments on social media, etc.

I view it as the same for me watching NFL. I'm a big New Orleans Saints fan but I have only been following it for 10 years and they've had Drew Brees at quarterback the whole period who will go down as one of the all time greats. In all likelihood he will retire in another year or two and it'll be difficult to adjust to the team being led by a new quarterback and the comparison and expectations will always turn back to Drew Brees, and naturally I think there won't be much patience because fans are used to how great the quarterback has been.

I agree with the exaggerated wild reactions (myself included). 

But we do make some valid points. You can see its not working yet Sarri who is an expert doesnt see it. And it will go like we are not qualified for such observation and Sarri and club are always right. That is just false. 

Fans saw it with Iva. They saw it with Cahill. They saw it in Cesc. Now they see it in Alonso and Willian. The managers however always reacted much later, but once they did they proved fans were actualy right.

I dont think people want Sarri out seriously. Its just angry reaction. But its also true we are not as pissed with the defeats as much we are pissed with lack of progress, motivation and most importantly changes. That shit just wont fly.

I don't want to be a party pooper...but Alonso and Willian will start again...

ffs with all due respect to Lincoln in lower division... They won't even need any extra work in training to cage and defeat Sarri rigid formation and tactics coupled with shit players he keeps putting out every week...

8 hours ago, Stats said:

Hazard has gone of the boil recently, but you really think our best player should be benched in a crucial game like this. We have Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday. That is when he should be resting likes of Hazard.

Forgot that it was FA Cup next weekend and not the Premier League.  You're right, Hazard is going to play.

I'd imagine that may well mean that Kovacic will start again for Barkley (and, probably Alonso too).  Shit, I thought it was PL and we needed to rotate.  

Sarri blasts his players and yet, he will field them again on Thursday. Hey hey hey, maybe this time it will work!!

Anyway, they may not play for the Italian anymore but maybe, just maybe, some of them have the Chelsea pride in them (?) and will do anything to stop Tottenham from winning a trophy. Just maybe. Fabregas would fight, not one single doubt. He hates them. Jorginho could not care less, just like the majority of his team mates. Sadly.