Tackles in EPL so far

1. Idrissa Gueye 105
2. Aaron Wan-Bissaka 103
3. Ricardo Pereira 100
4. Wilfred Ndidi 96
5. João Moutinho 90
6. César Azpilicueta 75
6. Declan Rice 75

I'm shocked Kante not on that list maybe it's to do with his new role in the team 

28 minutes ago, the wes said:

I'm shocked Kante not on that list maybe it's to do with his new role in the team 

Yes, he is down dramatically due to the new role.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/13492/N'Golo-Kanté/stats?co=1&se=210

57 tackles so far

e7d82e2e1701965b21c1706b4ee47b42.png

I certainly wouldn't be against buying him but I think it really depends on price.  It's not the most pressing position in my mind.  If we are going to spend on a fullback I want a left sided one first.  I just feel that side is weaker and we actually do have a prospect up and coming on the right side, so, I'd just focus more on the other side of the pitch and use that money on other positions.

How Aaron Wan-Bissaka became the most effective defender in Europe

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/08/aaron-wan-bissaka-became-effective-defender-europe/

February 25, 2018. Crystal Palace are preparing for a Premier League game at home to Tottenham. They have an injury list as long as their run of games without a win against Spurs, and a crisis in defence.

Right-backs Joel Ward and Martin Kelly are both out. Their back-up, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, is needed in central defence because so many other players are injured. So Roy Hodgson hands a professional debut to a player few in the ground had even heard of: the 20-year-old Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Fast forward a year, and Wan-Bissaka is now among the most sought-after young players in English football. He has the kind of vital statistics that make football's data analysts drool, and is in contention to be handed a first England call-up when Gareth Southgate names his squad for the European Championship qualifiers against Czech Republic and Montenegro next Wednesday. 'Rapid rise' hardly begins to cover it.

Wan-Bissaka's background is well-chronicled - the Croydon boy from a tough estate in New Addington who was dazzling his PE teachers as a nine-year-old - but what is most striking about him is the sheer relish he has for defending. 

He may have started life as a winger, something he has in common with many of the best full-backs in the game at present (think Dani Alves, Danny Rose, Jordi Alba and former Palace youngster Nathaniel Clyne) but his taste for tackling has been obvious ever since he was first asked to fill in at right-back for a Palace first team training session late in 2016 and left Wilfried Zaha howling in frustration as he continually thwarted his efforts to get past him. 

snip

Just heartbreaking we will probably miss out on him. He is unreal defensively, truly moving toward a *Kante style but as a RB'. level.

Reece had best come good in a HUGE way.

Wan-Bissaka will be a TERROR for Manure or Shitty or Spuds or Arse

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Rumored to join United. 

Devastating. Will be the best right back in the league eventually. 

That has been my biggest fear by far. He will so upgrade them as a whole.:(

Even without the bans I think the board might not even make a move, as they they think Azpi is still a world class, top five RB (some of our fellow supporters are delusional like that too).

I fear this year (another 4500 massive minute season) is going to make him even worse next year. We have run him into the ground over the last 5 years.

Hopefully Reece James comes good quickly.

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, Vesper said:

Just heartbreaking we will probably miss out on him. He is unreal defensively, truly moving toward a *Kante style but as a RB'. level.

Reece had best come good in a HUGE way.

Wan-Bissaka will be a TERROR for Manure or Shitty or Spuds or Arse

Reece can also compete for a place at CB. In any case, if United, Liverpool, Spurs or City want Wan Bissaka, I doubt we'd get him. Ban or no ban.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Reece can also compete for a place at CB. In any case, if United, Liverpool, Spurs or City want Wan Bissaka, I doubt we'd get him. Ban or no ban.

James dribbles very well and has great crosses, I really hope he'll be a RB for us.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Callum has had some minutes and, in my opinion, Reece is the better prospect of the two.

Premature, no? The step from the Championship to Premier league is massive. CHO already took the piss out of the Spurs and Arsenal defence when he's been given the chance. 

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Premature, no? The step from the Championship to Premier league is massive. CHO already took the piss out of the Spurs and Arsenal defence when he's been given the chance. 

I formed that opinion while Reece was still playing development football, never mind Championship stuff. I believe in the lad.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You