Malcom

the wes

1 minute ago, Miguelito said:

The way I'm understanding it is a deal worth 50 mil total. So maybe they value Malcom at 40 mil, and they are adding in another 10.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I get it now, I've been on the wine, 3 bottles.:beer:

Take it and run, still.

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Bottle of vodka here.

Just glad to see links Willian away from us, even if not true, it still brings a smile to my face.

Fuck me everyone is on the piss, must be celebrating this Willian news:beer:

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but my point is we need depth. Hazard, CHO, Pedro and Malcom is good for wings but people just want Willian out and no replacement in,  which considering Hazard and CHO will 75% likely be gone next season... and id we continue with Eden as a 9 still leaves us short.

Also we might have to be patient with Malcom. Look at the idiots turning on Jorginho already... 6 months in...

Can't understand why people are turning on Jorginho, those are just idiots. He is a complete midfielder; solid defensively, tremendous in build up, key to our ability to control possession. That is basically all you could ask for from the deepest player in your midfield. Our issue in midfield is creativity in the final third and goals. Those are much more the responsibility of the midfielders who are in much better position to create and score goals. 

When we get a forward who decides to move and work you will see the difference with Jorginho, the same with a RW in place of Willian.

Runs in behind are the key to breaking down these teams who sit deep. We don't have full backs or wingers doing it, with that example it's easy to read what we do.

I am going to work off nightmare scenario

Eden leaves for a pure cash deal

CHO leaves for a pure cash deal

so there we sit

now IF we also sold Willian for Malcom plus cash

AND bought Lozano and a cut-rate deal on (another blast from the past) Leon Bailey (and had Sarri rehab back to 2017-18 form)

This is what we would be looking at for wingers

LW Pulisic (right footed)  turns 21 in September         best USA player, so huge marketing inflow

LW Lozano (right footed)  turns 24 in July      best Mexican player, so huge marketing inflow

RW Malcom (left footed) turns 22 in February

RW Bailey (left footed) turns 22 in August        best Jamaican player, but that is small beer in terms of marketing

average age of those four is 22

Pedro LW/RW cover (ambipedal) turns 32 in July, so next year or the year after is his last hurrah, and is the best over 30yo Spanish winger atm (only plus 30 Spanish players overall worth more are Pique and Ramos, as David Silva turns 34 next year)

in reality, every one of those 5 can play either wing, so positions are fluid

I would rate those wingers as a group at least 10, 20 goals to the good over the present group we have now (yes Eden included)

odds are very high at least one goes top 10 superstar level

you also could swap Bailey out for Suso (25yo the first half of the season) and the best Spanish RW on the planet

With Pulisic coming in the summer I would much rather we just offload Willian and let them send Malcom elsewhere. He's no better than Willian. We wouldn't need Pulisic, Pedro, and Malcom.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

With Pulisic coming in the summer I would much rather we just offload Willian and let them send Malcom elsewhere. He's no better than Willian. We wouldn't need Pulisic, Pedro, and Malcom.

That may not be an option to get the deal done,  Malcom has potential and we'd probably buy another winger anyway.

45 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Malcom and Pedro will be fine, plus CHO if he stays.

Like Morata for Higuain and Malcom for Willian, they cannot be any worse, i'm telling you.

And Real completes the cycle by signing Alonso...

I've literally not watched a single minute of this Malcolm guy but I wonder what if he'd have gone to Roma in the first place? Well I bet you there would be hundreds of articles linking several English clubs to him, including us, for something like 60-70M. 

I say get him done at least he's young enough still, if he's dross we sell him and we're on profit no matter what. 

Seen him a lot at Bordeaux. Player with potential. Still inconsistent but so is Willian tbh. He's definitely capable of producing stats though. The problem with this transfer is that it's done in the middle of the season. The coach and club might think that it would potentially derail our top 4 chances because unlike them we've be giving up one of our starters. Needless to say I'm all for all in for this one. If anything it would force Sarri to play Hudson-Odoi.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You