What TV Prog Are You Following Now

Unionjack

'THE WITCHER' IS THE BEST KIND OF WEIRD FANTASY SERIES NETFLIX COULD HAVE MADE

If you're feeling betrayed after Game of Thrones, Netflix just gifted you a very nice holiday present.

the witcher

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/the-witcher-review-netflix-series

You might not believe that The Witcher is a show on Netflix that you can actually watch 10 episodes of, right now. Based on the books that inspired the video game series, The Witcher stars Henry Cavill, Superman himself, as Geralt of Rivia, a magical mutant "Witcher" who hunts stuff and drinks lots of potions and grunts "hm" often. There are also other characters, arguably too many, but really, the one to know is Geralt. It sounds bizarre, and it is, but the show is also kind of great, and if you're still not convinced, here are a few reasons why you ought to start watching it right this second. 

SNIP

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

we binged watched it a week ago

it was really good

Yeah baby Yoda has been cute and mando is really a cool character I can respect. 

I was never really impressed by the new star wars and kylo Ren and all that stuff. Their characters was mediocre at best. 

But Disney got it right with this series. Really catches the essence of old star wars. 

Looking forward to more. 🙂

On 12/20/2019 at 5:20 PM, Vesper said:

'THE WITCHER' IS THE BEST KIND OF WEIRD FANTASY SERIES NETFLIX COULD HAVE MADE

If you're feeling betrayed after Game of Thrones, Netflix just gifted you a very nice holiday present.

the witcher

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/the-witcher-review-netflix-series

You might not believe that The Witcher is a show on Netflix that you can actually watch 10 episodes of, right now. Based on the books that inspired the video game series, The Witcher stars Henry Cavill, Superman himself, as Geralt of Rivia, a magical mutant "Witcher" who hunts stuff and drinks lots of potions and grunts "hm" often. There are also other characters, arguably too many, but really, the one to know is Geralt. It sounds bizarre, and it is, but the show is also kind of great, and if you're still not convinced, here are a few reasons why you ought to start watching it right this second. 

SNIP

Have you watched this show? Is it any good? 

Hearing a lot about it but I haven't got around to watch it. 

17 hours ago, Fernando said:

Right now watching the expanse on Amazon Prime. I like it. The first episode or two was slow but in season 2 and I'm enjoying the show. 

I like sci fi so this show fits my profile. 🤓

its a good show :wub:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Tiger King...they're all bonkers!! 

Completely mental, but compulsive viewing.

The programme makers have sensationalised it a bit -  eg one of Joe Exotics 'husbands', they told him to take his bridge out and say he lost his teeth through crystal meth, which was BS apparently

22 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The programme makers have sensationalised it a bit -  eg one of Joe Exotics 'husbands', they told him to take his bridge out and say he lost his teeth through crystal meth, which was BS apparently

Yeah that somehow does not surprise me. Makes them look more quirky?

The songs are oddly catchy 

On 4/14/2020 at 4:07 PM, Laylabelle said:

Tiger King...they're all bonkers!! 

On 4/14/2020 at 9:13 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

I started watching it. There is a petition to release Joe from prison and Trump will look at it :D

So as I am aint able to go off to work and have been home for over a month the amount of shite I've watched on netflix and Amazon Prime is unbelievable 😂

Finished Lucifer, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Treadstone, Hanna, Black Sails and Tiger King. All decent watches, would say that Hanna and Treadstone still arent quite as good as the others but theres the potential for those series to gonon and grow. 

Also finished Arrow 8th season which was pretty underwhelming, like seasons 4, 6 and 7 compared to 1, 2, 3 and 5. Seen the Witcher when I was at work too and thoroughly enjoyed it and am currently up to date with Better Call Saul so far too.

Going to talk more about Tiger King though, holy fuck, even if they sensationalized it a bit it is still madness. The presidental video is comedy gold. Also Carole Baskin defos killed or had something to do with her husbands disappearance 😂 

So as I am aint able to go off to work and have been home for over a month the amount of shite I've watched on netflix and Amazon Prime is unbelievable 😂

Finished Lucifer, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Treadstone, Hanna, Black Sails and Tiger King. All decent watches, would say that Hanna and Treadstone still arent quite as good as the others but theres the potential for those series to gonon and grow. 

Also finished Arrow 8th season which was pretty underwhelming, like seasons 4, 6 and 7 compared to 1, 2, 3 and 5. Seen the Witcher when I was at work too and thoroughly enjoyed it and am currently up to date with Better Call Saul so far too.

Going to talk more about Tiger King though, holy fuck, even if they sensationalized it a bit it is still madness. The presidental video is comedy gold. Also Carole Baskin defos killed or had something to do with her husbands disappearance 😂 the bits when hes shooting and blowing shit up is fucking hilarious too the guy is 100% a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 03/05/2020 at 5:54 PM, NikkiCFC said:

This looks promising. 

Big lover of all things hallucinogenic. Watched so many YTs about DMT./Ayahuasca lately and connecting/tracing its history with most religions to it eg The Burning Bush. Graham Hancock has taught me so much thru my extended lockdown lol

Have always has Gogglebox eyes so if I get into a seies Im hooked. But some faves of late:

Life on Mars - UK version is better than US but both great

Doom Patrol

Umbrella Factory

Narcos

Blindspot

Blacklist

Mr Robot

Mayans MC

Alone

Northern Exposure

The Last Alaskans

Watchmen