What TV Prog Are You Following Now

Unionjack

What TV Prog / Series are you watching or following now?

I thought seeing as we have a thread for movies and music we should have one for the telly!

Let us know about your TV viewing. What you are watching now, what you would recommend, whats coming on in the future etc etc.

I shall start off by asking if anyones read the novel American Gods by Neil Gaiman?

I ask because Season 2 that is based on the book is starting in mid March and I'd be interested to know more about what happens.

I had downloaded Season 1 and had it for awhile before watching it. But i had so many peeps saying good things I got the Guinness and popcorn out and watched it all in one go.

Great program!

Apparently theres some characters left along with producers thats changed but I'm really looking forward to it!

Heres a quick trailer but some more on Youtube.

Not read that one, though his Sandman comics series got him his name.  Will check it out,

Right now, I'm watching Black Mirror, which has been pretty good overall.  But in a TV thread, if anyone hasn't seen it (because it's not really that popular), the Detectorists is the best TV series I've seen recently.  

18 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Not read that one, though his Sandman comics series got him his name.  Will check it out,

Right now, I'm watching Black Mirror, which has been pretty good overall.  But in a TV thread, if anyone hasn't seen it (because it's not really that popular), the Detectorists is the best TV series I've seen recently.  

I did start downloading the first couple of that series mate but went travelling so missed the others. Will have to get the others. It does look good.

Last thing I saw him in was Wayward Pines which I watched the first 2 seasons then they pulled the plug on it grrr

Any particular reason why only 6 episodes in that 3rd season?

I am close to finishing the Spanish series La Casa De Papel and man, what a show this has been! The amount of detail... I strongly recommend this to everyone. The best show I have seen recently.

Other than that, I am desperately waiting for the new seasons of Peaky Blinders and Dark. Dark is a German TV series and it is something that will not allow you to switch off your brain for one single second. Hats off, those who have written this.

These are my top 3. Nothing comes close.

24 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I did start downloading the first couple of that series mate but went travelling so missed the others. Will have to get the others. It does look good.

Last thing I saw him in was Wayward Pines which I watched the first 2 seasons then they pulled the plug on it grrr

Any particular reason why only 6 episodes in that 3rd season?

Not sure exactly why.  But, they wrap the series up nicely.  It's just quite a charming show with a bunch of likeable characters.  I don't think it was that popular but the critics seemed to really like it.  

45 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I am close to finishing the Spanish series La Casa De Papel and man, what a show this has been! The amount of detail... I strongly recommend this to everyone. The best show I have seen recently.

Other than that, I am desperately waiting for the new seasons of Peaky Blinders and Dark. Dark is a German TV series and it is something that will not allow you to switch off your brain for one single second. Hats off, those who have written this.

Will give one of each a looksee. I do like the type of color/lighting production in that. Very rich and sharp.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm watching Black Mirror, which has been pretty good overall. 

Thats one that Ive got 4 seasons of to watch at some point - looks good.

I have watched a lot of different series that Ive got into - a few -

Lost,Under The Dome, The Prisoner, Wild Palms, Wayward Pines,The Lost Room, Sherlock, Elementary, Blacklist, Person of Interest, Better Call Saul, Dexter, Lucky Man, Breaking Bad,

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I have watched a lot of different series that Ive got into - a few -

Lost - First bit is okay, becomes "meh" by the end.  The first couple of seasons are really good

Dexter - Same, but not quite as good, becomes more shit at the end.  Really, it's terrible by the end.  1st season is good.

Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul - Both are great.  I actually like Better Call Saul more than Breaking Bad, but that's a minority opinion.  

Sherlock - Excellent

Under The Dome, The Prisoner, Wild Palms, Wayward Pines,The Lost Room, Elementary, Blacklist, Person of Interest,  Lucky Man - Not seen any of these.

Will be curious to get your opinion on all of these shows

2 hours ago, milan.cech said:

That Spanish one looks pretty good.

Been revisiting Narcos and True Detective -both very good, but need something new

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Trust me Mr. FB, it is incredible. I am at work and already looking forward to coming home and watching another episode. There are moments of brilliance and brilliant thinking that are giving me goose bumps.

9 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Been revisiting Narcos and True Detective -both very good, but need something new

True Detective's third season will start soon.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I shall start off by asking if anyones read the novel American Gods by Neil Gaiman?

Apparently theres some characters left along with producers thats changed but I'm really looking forward to it!

I read it but didn't watch the show. That book is

tenor.gif

I would not be surprised if they simplified it a bit for the TV show.

16 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Trust me Mr. FB, it is incredible. I am at work and already looking forward to coming home and watching another episode. There are moments of brilliance and brilliant thinking that are giving me goose bumps.

My problem is that the subtitles distract me from whats going on.

I think I would appreciate something more even if it was badly dubbed in pigeon Emglish

But I shall give it a go as it looks good.

1 minute ago, 11Drogba said:

What did you think of season 2 ? 

Different director, actors etc. I was looking forward to more of Matthew Mcdonaghy and Woody Harelson.

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Different director, actors etc. I was looking forward to more of Matthew Mcdonaghy and Woody Harelson.

Agreed about the actors. This duo was 75% of success of the first season. I was hugely disappointed not to see them anymore, and I actually did not watch it.

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Meh, I think HBO rushed the writer so it was not that good. I don't expect the third season to be as good as the first season but the writer was given more time, so it should be better than second.

Fargo, Night Manager and Bodyguard are also good crime/thriller series.

14 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

tenor.gif

The 1st season apparently took us 1/5 of the way thru the book so its got a long way to go.

Amazing end to the season./ Very trippy.

5 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Fargo,

Put off watching the seasons for a while, thinking nothing could better the film and they were just cashing in -but a friend kept saying to watch it -Yeah well impressed

11 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Fargo, Night Manager and Bodyguard are also good crime/thriller series.

I hadn't heard of Night Manager before but it looks good. Just grabbed that 1st season lol

And have also got Bodyguard DL'd to watch too.

As for Fargo I watched the 1st series but cant remember why I didn't carry on with it. Will give it a quick look for a reminder.

10 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

tenor.gif

Just rewatched a couple of episodes from season 1. You forget just how good it was.

I love TV/movies that are deep/trippy/make you think about whats occurring. Ian McShane as Mr Wednesday - Odin is perfect for the part. Really liked him since the early days of Lovejoy. Always plays a loveable rogue.

Cant wait for season 2.