test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Leandro Paredes

Started by the wes,

317 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Vesper said:

This sounds mercenary, but I would love to buy Beralla, loan him back till summer (his wife is 6 months pregnant and soeant want to move yet), buy or loan Paredes for six months, sell him back to Boca in summer, where he really wants to go, and buy Sandro Tonali for DH DMF backup and eventual Jorginho replacement. Let Kovacic go back to RM, who will sell him to Inter. That way all are happy and Tonali does not have such huge pressure to step right up as a 19yo (he turns 19 in May.)

Can't actually see us doing this but it would work out nicely wouldn't it?  I just hope we are still in for Barella even if it's a loan back until the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vesper said:

This sounds mercenary, but I would love to buy Beralla, loan him back till summer (his wife is 6 months pregnant and soeant want to move yet), buy or loan Paredes for six months, sell him back to Boca in summer, where he really wants to go, and buy Sandro Tonali for DH DMF backup and eventual Jorginho replacement. Let Kovacic go back to RM, who will sell him to Inter. That way all are happy and Tonali does not have such huge pressure to step right up as a 19yo (he turns 19 in May.)

Hard enough to get us to do one deal let alone complicated stuff like this!

 

I know they have different charecteristics and strengths but I've seen a lot of comments in various sites etc saying that Paredes would be their 1st choice if they had the option.

But as we are APPARENTLY wanting a replacement for Cescy I would have thought from everything Ive seen and read that Barella was more in that vein tho Paredes would be more than capable I think.

 

What also really rattles my chain is that we bought Pully which I think is a great buy and a good move forward considering our history.

And we are seemingly very serious about looking at Barella.

Both great,skilled very young players with sacks of 'potential'

So tell me why the fuck are we not seriously linked with the likes of Piatek,Jovic,Haller,Werner? Or even my old want Talisca instead of Higs?

I have always leaned more towards the more complete high class EXPENSIVE players over yoof but they are all highly prized and very much difficult for us to attract but thru continual checking out all of Mz  @Vesper posts about these players who I was previously unaware of shes got me thinking in different ways now.

Just like a few different chats on here with different peeps.

I still think the proper balance between youth and high class complete is necessary but I now am much more open minded on CERTAIN younger players.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hard enough to get us to do one deal let alone complicated stuff like this!

 

I know they have different charecteristics and strengths but I've seen a lot of comments in various sites etc saying that Paredes would be their 1st choice if they had the option.

But as we are APPARENTLY wanting a replacement for Cescy I would have thought from everything Ive seen and read that Barella was more in that vein tho Paredes would be more than capable I think.

 

What also really rattles my chain is that we bought Pully which I think is a great buy and a good move forward considering our history.

And we are seemingly very serious about looking at Barella.

Both great,skilled very young players with sacks of 'potential'

So tell me why the fuck are we not seriously linked with the likes of Piatek,Jovic,Haller,Werner? Or even my old want Talisca instead of Higs?

I have always leaned more towards the more complete high class EXPENSIVE players over yoof but they are all highly prized and very much difficult for us to attract but thru continual checking out all of Mz  @Vesper posts about these players who I was previously unaware of shes got me thinking in different ways now.

Just like a few different chats on here with different peeps.

I still think the proper balance between youth and high class complete is necessary but I now am much more open minded on CERTAIN younger players.

Almost all the players I have pushed for hard have been in the £35m to £60m or so range.

Icardi at £98m was by far the most expensive and I think we can get BOTH Piątek and Jovic for around that price (maybe £10m more combined)

I have given up (sob) on Nicolas Pepe as long as Lille wants a crazy £72m for him. I also don't think we will pay £72m for Lucas Hernandez, although he is the only player on planet who is in top 8 (top 2 at LB and top 7, 8 at CB) at TWO positions.

I have also given up on de Ligt and de Jong, as they will probably go for a package that will cost £150--160m or so combined.

All my other players are £60m or less, most £50m or less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Almost all the players I have pushed for hard have been in the £35m to £60m or so range.

Icardi at £98m was by far the most expensive and I think we can get BOTH Piątek and Jovic for around that price (maybe £10m more combined)

I have given up (sob) on Nicolas Pepe as long as Lille wants a crazy £72m for him. I also don't think we will pay £72m for Lucas Hernandez, although he is the only player on planet who is in top 8 (top 2 at LB and top 7, 8 at CB) at TWO positions.

I have also given up on de Ligt and de Jong, as they will probably go for a package that will cost £150--160m or so combined.

All my other players are £60m or less, most £50m or less.

I would be happy with the majority from your lists Mrs. I think tho mate as the players we seem to like that you pick are all wanted by teams with more magnetizm than we have we - the club - need to look at the players in the £30-£40mill range so we can buy them at £50mill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea in ‘new contacts’ for Zenit’s Leandro Paredes — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2019/1/13/18180755/chelsea-in-new-contacts-for-zenits-leandro-paredes-report

Chelsea transfer news: Leandro Paredes agrees personal terms - journalist

 

CHELSEA have agreed personal terms with Zenit St-Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredes, it has been claimed.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/753256/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Leandro-Paredes-Agrees-Personal-Terms-Rumours-Gossip?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+(Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mccg said:

£26m would be FANTASTIC business. Paredes is a really class player. 

I do not want to give anyone the impression I dont rate him, due to my begging for Barella. They are 2 different type players. Paredes buy should NOT at all rule out Barella buy. It does (unless we sell Paredes this summer to Boca Juniors) rule out Sandro Tonali buy atm.:(

 

Paredes is a DH DMF

Top 10 in world DH DMF

the only ones in the world at that position I rate over him would be (in no order)

Jorginho

Frenkie de Jong

Rúben Neves

Sergio Busquets (not for long, he will fall off due to age)
Rodri (the next Busquets, almost a clone)

and maybe a newcomer to this level in Lucas Torreira (he has been a key acquisition for Arse, thank god they have not fixed their back 4 to this level)

that is it

maybe but probably not would be Julian Weigl (2 years ago I would have said he would soon be a top 5 DMF, but has had some real issues, he is only 23 so plenty of time to sort himself)

then the 2 who are either too old (Fernandinho)

or

too young (but only atm, he may end up the best player on this list)  Sandro Tonali

mccg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

£26m would be FANTASTIC business. Paredes is a really class player. 

I do not want to give anyone the impression I dont rate him, due to my begging for Barella. They are 2 different type players. Paredes buy should NOT at all rule out Barella buy. It does (unless we sell Paredes this summer to Boca Juniors) rule out Sandro Tonali buy atm.:(

 

Paredes is a DH DMF

Top 10 in world DH DMF

the only ones in the world at that position I rate over him would be (in no order)

Jorginho

Frenkie de Jong

Rúben Neves

Sergio Busquets (not for long, he will fall off due to age)
Rodri (the next Busquets, almost a clone)

and maybe a newcomer to thsi level Lucas Torreira (he has been a key acquisition for Arse, thank god they have not fixed their back 4 to this level)

that is it

maybe but probably not would be Julian Weigl (2 years ago I would have said he would soon be a top 5 DMF, but has had some real issues, he is only 23 so plenty of time to sort himself)

then the 2 who are either too old (Fernandinho)

or

too young (but only atm, he may end up the best player on this list)  Sandro Tonali

I was checking out a YT channel and this Zenith supporter was really bigging Paredes up/ so I asked him anout him and he said he could play anywhere in the MF no problem. HYas a great footballing head can see moves early and a good pass.

I told him I was Chelsea and was looking at Barella too. He liked him but said he would take Paredes all day/

Not sure if he was just sticking up for his own player but he wasn't happy we was probably going to buy him so his media say.

mccg and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I was checking out a YT channel and this Zenith supporter was really bigging Paredes up/ so I asked him anout him and he said he could play anywhere in the MF no problem. HYas a great footballing head can see moves early and a good pass.

I told him I was Chelsea and was looking at Barella too. He liked him but said he would take Paredes all day/

Not sure if he was just sticking up for his own player but he wasn't happy we was probably going to buy him so his media say.

Paredes fell off radar due to the Zenit sale (Roma was in deep shit with FFP, which is how we got Rudiger too)

 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I was checking out a YT channel and this Zenith supporter was really bigging Paredes up/ so I asked him anout him and he said he could play anywhere in the MF no problem. HYas a great footballing head can see moves early and a good pass.

I told him I was Chelsea and was looking at Barella too. He liked him but said he would take Paredes all day/

Not sure if he was just sticking up for his own player but he wasn't happy we was probably going to buy him so his media say.

I will make a big statement

a MF

of

DH DMF  Paredes

Box to Box Kante

CMF/AMF hybrid Barella

 

is stronger than

 

DH DMF Jorginho

Box to Box Kante

CMF/AMF hybrid Kovacic

 

especially a year or two from now under Sarri tutelage

IF we get Sarri the strikers, wingers and LB he needs to not get sacked (especially with CHO and Eden 90% out the door), plus keep Luiz or truly replace him with a great ball playing/passing CB like Éder Militão or even better the impossible to pull KK

 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.