Leandro Paredes

the wes

15 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Shame not Barella...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We can still get Barella, Paredes is a DH DMF, Barella is a box to box and much more forward thrusting type.

Like a more agressive Kovacic.

This sounds mercenary, but I would love to buy Beralla, loan him back till summer (his wife is 6 months pregnant and soeant want to move yet), buy or loan Paredes for six months, sell him back to Boca in summer, where he really wants to go, and buy Sandro Tonali for DH DMF backup and eventual Jorginho replacement. Let Kovacic go back to RM, who will sell him to Inter. That way all are happy and Tonali does not have such huge pressure to step right up as a 19yo (he turns 19 in May.)

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

This sounds mercenary, but I would love to buy Beralla, loan him back till summer (his wife is 6 months pregnant and soeant want to move yet), buy or loan Paredes for six months, sell him back to Boca in summer, where he really wants to go, and buy Sandro Tonali for DH DMF backup and eventual Jorginho replacement. Let Kovacic go back to RM, who will sell him to Inter. That way all are happy and Tonali does not have such huge pressure to step right up as a 19yo (he turns 19 in May.)

Can't actually see us doing this but it would work out nicely wouldn't it?  I just hope we are still in for Barella even if it's a loan back until the summer.

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

Hard enough to get us to do one deal let alone complicated stuff like this!

I know they have different charecteristics and strengths but I've seen a lot of comments in various sites etc saying that Paredes would be their 1st choice if they had the option.

But as we are APPARENTLY wanting a replacement for Cescy I would have thought from everything Ive seen and read that Barella was more in that vein tho Paredes would be more than capable I think.

What also really rattles my chain is that we bought Pully which I think is a great buy and a good move forward considering our history.

And we are seemingly very serious about looking at Barella.

Both great,skilled very young players with sacks of 'potential'

So tell me why the fuck are we not seriously linked with the likes of Piatek,Jovic,Haller,Werner? Or even my old want Talisca instead of Higs?

I have always leaned more towards the more complete high class EXPENSIVE players over yoof but they are all highly prized and very much difficult for us to attract but thru continual checking out all of Mz  @Vesper posts about these players who I was previously unaware of shes got me thinking in different ways now.

Just like a few different chats on here with different peeps.

I still think the proper balance between youth and high class complete is necessary but I now am much more open minded on CERTAIN younger players.

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hard enough to get us to do one deal let alone complicated stuff like this!

I know they have different charecteristics and strengths but I've seen a lot of comments in various sites etc saying that Paredes would be their 1st choice if they had the option.

But as we are APPARENTLY wanting a replacement for Cescy I would have thought from everything Ive seen and read that Barella was more in that vein tho Paredes would be more than capable I think.

What also really rattles my chain is that we bought Pully which I think is a great buy and a good move forward considering our history.

And we are seemingly very serious about looking at Barella.

Both great,skilled very young players with sacks of 'potential'

So tell me why the fuck are we not seriously linked with the likes of Piatek,Jovic,Haller,Werner? Or even my old want Talisca instead of Higs?

I have always leaned more towards the more complete high class EXPENSIVE players over yoof but they are all highly prized and very much difficult for us to attract but thru continual checking out all of Mz  @Vesper posts about these players who I was previously unaware of shes got me thinking in different ways now.

Just like a few different chats on here with different peeps.

I still think the proper balance between youth and high class complete is necessary but I now am much more open minded on CERTAIN younger players.

Almost all the players I have pushed for hard have been in the £35m to £60m or so range.

Icardi at £98m was by far the most expensive and I think we can get BOTH Piątek and Jovic for around that price (maybe £10m more combined)

I have given up (sob) on Nicolas Pepe as long as Lille wants a crazy £72m for him. I also don't think we will pay £72m for Lucas Hernandez, although he is the only player on planet who is in top 8 (top 2 at LB and top 7, 8 at CB) at TWO positions.

I have also given up on de Ligt and de Jong, as they will probably go for a package that will cost £150--160m or so combined.

All my other players are £60m or less, most £50m or less.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Almost all the players I have pushed for hard have been in the £35m to £60m or so range.

Icardi at £98m was by far the most expensive and I think we can get BOTH Piątek and Jovic for around that price (maybe £10m more combined)

I have given up (sob) on Nicolas Pepe as long as Lille wants a crazy £72m for him. I also don't think we will pay £72m for Lucas Hernandez, although he is the only player on planet who is in top 8 (top 2 at LB and top 7, 8 at CB) at TWO positions.

I have also given up on de Ligt and de Jong, as they will probably go for a package that will cost £150--160m or so combined.

All my other players are £60m or less, most £50m or less.

I would be happy with the majority from your lists Mrs. I think tho mate as the players we seem to like that you pick are all wanted by teams with more magnetizm than we have we - the club - need to look at the players in the £30-£40mill range so we can buy them at £50mill.

Chelsea in ‘new contacts’ for Zenit’s Leandro Paredes — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2019/1/13/18180755/chelsea-in-new-contacts-for-zenits-leandro-paredes-report

Chelsea transfer news: Leandro Paredes agrees personal terms - journalist

CHELSEA have agreed personal terms with Zenit St-Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredes, it has been claimed.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/753256/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Leandro-Paredes-Agrees-Personal-Terms-Rumours-Gossip?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+(Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed)

3 hours ago, mccg said:

£26m would be FANTASTIC business. Paredes is a really class player. 

I do not want to give anyone the impression I dont rate him, due to my begging for Barella. They are 2 different type players. Paredes buy should NOT at all rule out Barella buy. It does (unless we sell Paredes this summer to Boca Juniors) rule out Sandro Tonali buy atm.:(

Paredes is a DH DMF

Top 10 in world DH DMF

the only ones in the world at that position I rate over him would be (in no order)

Jorginho

Frenkie de Jong

Rúben Neves

Sergio Busquets (not for long, he will fall off due to age)
Rodri (the next Busquets, almost a clone)

and maybe a newcomer to this level in Lucas Torreira (he has been a key acquisition for Arse, thank god they have not fixed their back 4 to this level)

that is it

maybe but probably not would be Julian Weigl (2 years ago I would have said he would soon be a top 5 DMF, but has had some real issues, he is only 23 so plenty of time to sort himself)

then the 2 who are either too old (Fernandinho)

or

too young (but only atm, he may end up the best player on this list)  Sandro Tonali

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

£26m would be FANTASTIC business. Paredes is a really class player. 

I do not want to give anyone the impression I dont rate him, due to my begging for Barella. They are 2 different type players. Paredes buy should NOT at all rule out Barella buy. It does (unless we sell Paredes this summer to Boca Juniors) rule out Sandro Tonali buy atm.:(

Paredes is a DH DMF

Top 10 in world DH DMF

the only ones in the world at that position I rate over him would be (in no order)

Jorginho

Frenkie de Jong

Rúben Neves

Sergio Busquets (not for long, he will fall off due to age)
Rodri (the next Busquets, almost a clone)

and maybe a newcomer to thsi level Lucas Torreira (he has been a key acquisition for Arse, thank god they have not fixed their back 4 to this level)

that is it

maybe but probably not would be Julian Weigl (2 years ago I would have said he would soon be a top 5 DMF, but has had some real issues, he is only 23 so plenty of time to sort himself)

then the 2 who are either too old (Fernandinho)

or

too young (but only atm, he may end up the best player on this list)  Sandro Tonali

I was checking out a YT channel and this Zenith supporter was really bigging Paredes up/ so I asked him anout him and he said he could play anywhere in the MF no problem. HYas a great footballing head can see moves early and a good pass.

I told him I was Chelsea and was looking at Barella too. He liked him but said he would take Paredes all day/

Not sure if he was just sticking up for his own player but he wasn't happy we was probably going to buy him so his media say.

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I was checking out a YT channel and this Zenith supporter was really bigging Paredes up/ so I asked him anout him and he said he could play anywhere in the MF no problem. HYas a great footballing head can see moves early and a good pass.

I told him I was Chelsea and was looking at Barella too. He liked him but said he would take Paredes all day/

Not sure if he was just sticking up for his own player but he wasn't happy we was probably going to buy him so his media say.

Paredes fell off radar due to the Zenit sale (Roma was in deep shit with FFP, which is how we got Rudiger too)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You