Leandro Paredes

the wes

Feels like last summer before Sarri came in all over again. We all knew deals were being worked on but we moved at glacial speed. Fabregas said his public goodbyes a week ago and that deal isn't done yet.

We've known that we need a striker for months and still haven't done anything. Ironically enough, we were able to immedietly tie down Pulisic who would be the most expensive of any target we would be after.

Paredes is a a good footballer but can he do it in the Prem! His off the ball movement will have to improve. He has the vision and ability on the ball, thats for sure.

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Paredes is a a good footballer but can he do it in the Prem! His off the ball movement will have to improve. He has the vision and ability on the ball, thats for sure.

His a regista like Joriginho but with a better engine, he does not need to move as much. Plus he has all passes in his locker. This is the perfect month to blood him in with the Carabao Cup and FA Cup fixtures coming up soon. 

He looks like he would offer a bit more offensively than Jorginho just watching some of the videos. He looks a very firm striker of the ball. 

I haven't really seen him play before so for those that have a better idea of him than I do:

1. Is he only really capable of playing the Jorginho role, or would he be capable of also being able to play either of the midfield positions ahead?

2. What is his defensive ability in that deeper role? What is his mobility and athleticism in comparison to Jorginho?

3. What were the reasons behind him leaving Roma for Zenit? I know players will make such moves but it does seem a backwards step certainly for a younger player and I vaguely remember him being highly rated and linked with some good clubs during his time at Roma.

If this happens it would be a good move as he’s clearly a good and talented player. But to me I wonder why he’d go for the move, he’s clearly talented and could start at his pick of top clubs. Here he would be rotation player in a position Sarri barely rotates. Sarri already has a firm favourite who’s unlikely to be usurped for however long Sarri is here. 

I did think perhaps he’s just after the money, don’t know the circumstances into moving to Zenit but it well could have been a money move.

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

3. What were the reasons behind him leaving Roma for Zenit? I know players will make such moves but it does seem a backwards step certainly for a younger player and I vaguely remember him being highly rated and linked with some good clubs during his time at Roma.

I've read numerous places that his move from Roma was due to Roma's finances, a lot like when we got Rudiger.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You