Karim Benzema

Unionjack

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Yeah mate.

We have talked about him before so you know I like him

I just wondered why you thought he would make a better DOF than a more experienced one - one used to the job at top level with good contacts etc.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah mate.

We have talked about him before so you know I like him

I just wondered why you thought he would make a better DOF than a more experienced one - one used to the job at top level with good contacts etc.

Because of quotes like this, and his contacts built up post-playing career. Monchi would be another I approve of.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/6/7/17436564/possible-future-director-of-football-michael-ballack-sings-the-song-of-youth-for-chelsea

“It’s not what Chelsea is asking for, running so far behind. Chelsea with its history shouldn’t have different ambitions. You have to think about what happened the last three years.

“Finishing fifth is not good enough for Chelsea, and especially in the last three seasons not qualifying for the Champions League twice. It’s a sign, it’s a development with which you have to be careful. You have to question yourself inside Chelsea to see what you have done right and what you have done wrong.”

... to visualizing a strategy that Chelsea can implement to right their ship. It’s a strategy that might play well with Roman Abramovich, who’s invested so heavily in the academy.

“It’s not always about the money to be successful it’s also about the strategy. They have a really good youth team that beats everybody. They have good young talent which you can work with. There is quality there. I have seen them myself there.

“It’s not always about spending the big money, taking risks, relying on one or two players. Maybe it’s time also to go in a different way for Chelsea.”

-Michael Ballack; source: Daily Mail

He is a global brand ambassador for multiple companies, he works with the United Nations as a sports advocate, and has so many contacts. I think he would be superb in the DoF role.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is a global brand ambassador for multiple companies, he works with the United Nations as a sports advocate, and has so many contacts. I think he would be superb in the DoF role.

Ah OK>

It was the reason I wondered in particular why YOU liked him for it. Now I see.

I wasn't aware of his UN stuff.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Ah OK>

It was the reason I wondered in particular why YOU liked him for it. Now I see.

I wasn't aware of his UN stuff.

I followed him since he retired. He is very intelligent and seems to see the big picture on issues. Not saying he is the only one for the job, but I love him for the role. His connections in Germany alone would be massive.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I followed him since he retired. He is very intelligent and seems to see the big picture on issues. Not saying he is the only one for the job, but I love him for the role. His connections in Germany alone would be massive.

I'm open to him as an option.. Has to be better than our currebt options. And like I said I do want us to utilize our old guard.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm open to him as an option.. Has to be better than our currebt options. And like I said I do want us to utilize our old guard.

Other options 

Monchi  Roma

Ralf Rangnick  RB Leipzig 

Luis Campos   Lille

Andrea Berta  Atletico Madrid

Giuseppe Marotta Juve

Michael Zorc  Dortmund

On 06/01/2019 at 5:54 PM, eemanyooel said:

That guy has the making of a top class striker...two footed, pace, technical abilities and very good in the air...He is gonna be a beast in Sarriball...He won't cost a fortune unlike Icardi and Werner....but our board will be fooling around looking for stop gap solutions that will further elevate the level of mediocre players in the squad...

Wont cost a fortune? Hes a Benfica player. Lets not be silly. They know his worth and could easily ask for 50m at least considering Bayern are also very interested.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wont cost a fortune? Hes a Benfica player. Lets not be silly. They know his worth and could easily ask for 50m at least considering Bayern are also very interested.

Not a Benfica player for long, Frankfurt is going to activate option to buy.

£40-50m is a fair price.

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Won't cost a fortune compared to Werner(my favourite ) and Icardi that will command nothing less than £90m transfer fee...

39 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Won't cost a fortune compared to Werner(my favourite ) and Icardi that will command nothing less than £90m transfer fee...

Again, Jovic is soon a Frankfurt player due to purchase option.

Icardi's release clause is still only £98m. That's a bargain in today's market. He may renew and Inter want to put it at £200 or so.

Werner's contract expires im summer 2020. Bayern will try to make a covert deal to have him run down contract and leave on a free to them. It is their usual tricksy way.

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Again, Jovic is soon a Frankfurt player due to purchase option.

Icardi's release clause is still only £98m. That's a bargain in today's market. He may renew and Inter want to put it at £200 or so.

Werner's contract expires im summer 2020. Bayern will try to make a covert deal to have him run down contract and leave on a free to them. It is their usual tricksy way.

Bayern and their subtle tricky deal...Can we outrightly purchase him from Frankfurt at that cut deal price or they add their price? I mean Jovic...

20 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Bayern and their subtle tricky deal...Can we outrightly purchase him from Frankfurt at that cut deal price or they add their price? I mean Jovic...

His buy price for Frankfurt is only around £10m. So if we waved £40-50m or so in their face they would be sorely tempted. What I fear is a bidding war, especially if be finishes with 30 or more goals in aĺl comps.

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

His buy price for Frankfurt is only around £10m. So if we waved £40-50m or so in their face they would be sorely tempted. What I fear is a bidding war, especially if be finishes with 30 or more goals in aĺl comps.

Thats why I am so pissed we ain't after this winter window..

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

Other options 

Monchi  Roma

Ralf Rangnick  RB Leipzig 

Luis Campos   Lille

Andrea Berta  Atletico Madrid

Giuseppe Marotta Juve

Michael Zorc  Dortmund

I see that the gooners are after taking on their old player Edu Gaspar  to be their DOF.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You