Christian Pulisic

the wes

• 2 weeks later...

Pulisic game imo is slightly similar to Hazard. He can do pretty much everything. He can bring ball forward, he can beat people one on one, he can pass, he can score goals. Plus he has good speed and agility. 

The problem is that none of them are at top level. He is not as good as Willian in term of bringing the ball forward, not as good as mount and maybe Pedro in term of final 3rd quality. 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

Pulisic game imo is slightly similar to Hazard. He can do pretty much everything. He can bring ball forward, he can beat people one on one, he can pass, he can score goals. Plus he has good speed and agility. 

The problem is that none of them are at top level. He is not as good as Willian in term of bringing the ball forward, not as good as mount and maybe Pedro in term of final 3rd quality. 

Have you seen Pulisic play before joining Chelsea? If yes, sporadically or often? 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Have you seen Pulisic play before joining Chelsea? If yes, sporadically or often? 

For full 90,once with dortmund, once with US I think.

But my assessment so far base on pre season and a couple game with us. 

And I read somewhere when he joined us his analytic stats is similar to Hazard. I just read it somewhere, I usually don't pay attention to this, but watching him it kinda make sense. 

For full 90,once with dortmund, once with US I think.
But my assessment so far base on pre season and a couple game with us. 
And I read somewhere when he joined us his analytic stats is similar to Hazard. I just read it somewhere, I usually don't pay attention to this, but watching him it kinda make sense. 
Hazard got much more goals and assists at lille

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Hazard got much more goals and assists at lille

I don't think the stats is talking about goal and assist. I honestly don't remember where I saw somebody mentioned that. I think it is pretty clear that hazard was better when he came here compare to Puli. 

15 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

When CHO is back he won't see the light of day.

Frank will just play mount on the right lol.

Theres a reason for that too. He isnt good enough to play for us consistently yet. 

I knew he would be relegated to this role when we bought him. I dont know why some people thought he would be the replacement for Hazard.

Theres a reason for that too. He isnt good enough to play for us consistently yet. 

I knew he would be relegated to this role when we bought him. I dont know why some people thought he would be the replacement for Hazard.
We didn't pay £57m~ for a sub.

If he doesn't get considerable game time in the next month, I fear the worst.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We didn't pay £57m~ for a sub.

If he doesn't get considerable game time in the next month, I fear the worst.

This is what Lampard said after today's game...

It is certainly peculiar that he started 4 straight games last month - had 2 assists to boot - and suddenly hasn't played a single minute in the last 3 games. If he doesn't start or even play against Grimsby on Wednesday...

I honestly suspect the club is behind frank in some specific work pulisic is doing. Could be tactical, as suggested below.

if not, then it’s hard to understand. The strategy today for the second was to use mount to enable alonso with triangulations, which alonso needs to get behind the opposition line. It kinda worked and we produced quite a few good balls from the leff but wasted every single one.

frank also has the excuse today that he lost 2 players to injury in the first half. Still hard to explain bats tho, but that’s a different discussion.

also a bit worried about the situation, but give the benefit of the doubt.

This is what Lampard said after today's game...

It is certainly peculiar that he started 4 straight games last month - had 2 assists to boot - and suddenly hasn't played a single minute in the last 3 games. If he doesn't start or even play against Grimsby on Wednesday...

Those comments are even more worrying.

I'm sure he'll play, but I would expect CHO & Pedro to start ahead of him.

Fabinho didn't play for Liverpool first couple of months. I see no issues here. 

Willian & Pedro are ahead of him. Nowhere near the same

Just now, Jason said:

Maybe like Sarri with CHO last season...

Well you get arguments from every side there. He still ruptured his achilles tho, so perhaps he just wasn’t ready to play a lot then? Sarri was a good manager who in my book had more rights than wrongs. I was surprised by his take on the game even if perhaps did not have the players for it.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Those comments are even more worrying.

I'm sure he'll play, but I would expect CHO & Pedro to start ahead of him.

If Lampard doesn't see Pulisic as first choice right now and Pedro is ahead of him, then I see no point to even risk the latter in a League Cup game.