test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

1,229 posts in this topic
33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Multiple points

A personal one for me, I really do not push any players from Brasil or Argentina (other than Icardi, and he is an Italian citizen now too) that often. Spain even not so much.

The only Brasilians I have really mentioned as options (out of well over 100, 125 players) I rate (and are even remotely available, and some on this list are not now)

are 

Alex Telles (most assume he is Portuguese)

Éder Militão (recent option at CB)

Alex Sandro (off the board now for good)

Malcom

Vinícius Júnior (Real will not sell him, almost zero chance atm)

Talisca (off the table for now)

David Neres

Marquinhos (pipe dream)

Wendell

Matheus Cunha

thats only 10 in world football atm

Argentina is even less

Icardi

Dybala

Giovani Lo Celso (off the table unfornately, he will sign perm with Real Betis)

Leandro Paredes

Lautaro Martínez (and barely atm, he needs to prove himself)

Giovanni Simeone (far down my striker list)

Rodrigo de Paul (really underrated LW, but hardly a must have for me)

Exequiel Palacios (real Madrid soon buy him from River Plate)

that's it

between both countries I have pushed hard for less than 10 total

I think my track record of having a go at Willian, Morata, Alonso and Luiz pretty much makes that self-evident, along with many scouting recco's. (Vast majority are Italians, Germans, French)

The USA factor for me is that IF he was simply from Croatia and not born and raised in the USA, then the hype on him would be massively less. Now, his revenue generation will more than cover the price difference in what would be a ordinary £25m to £40m or so deal if he was straight from Eastern Europe. I just hope that he comes good ON THE PITCH.

You have read too much into the point I was making. I was listing countries like Spain, Argentina or Brazil, because they are your traditional footballing nations, that have produced great quality in the past. You can add nations like France, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, Germany onto that list. The point I'm making is that because Pulisic is from a nation, where football has a very low profile, he is being judged. USA have not produced anyone great in their history. 

Had Pulisic been a Brazilian, he would've been compared to Neymar or had he been Argentine, he would've been called the next Messi, and the list goes on. 

5 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

You have read too much into the point I was making. I was listing countries like Spain, Argentina or Brazil, because they are your traditional footballing nations, that have produced great quality in the past. You can add nations like France, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, Germany onto that list. The point I'm making is that because Pulisic is from a nation, where football has a very low profile, he is being judged. USA have not produced anyone great in their history. 

Had Pulisic been a Brazilian, he would've been compared to Neymar or had he been Argentine, he would've been called the next Messi, and the list goes on. 

I think the opposite.

He would have a far smaller profile if he was from (like I said) his Croatian ancestral homeland (or Spain, etc etc) and had no ties to the USA.

Just woken up to this. Brilliant. Make no mistake about it, this is a signing of intent and proves after Kepa and Jorginho that Roman is still very much willing to spend. Good start to 2019.

Johnnyeye and Fernando like this

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Paying so much for him, doing so almost as soon as the January window opened, and then the strange loaning him back there for the remainder of the season as a sweetener should tell us the club's thinking. They must know that had they waited until the summer our chances of signing him drop considerably due to competition from other clubs.

You can bet that all of our rivals would've been after him. The club didn't want to risk it. 

We wanted him now but BVB refused and wanted more cash for him. So loaning him back reduced his fee apparently.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Good, means it isn't a hype or panic signing. He's been shit this season I've heard, but the club still goes after him, which shows thorough scouting and determination to get him. The price is too fat I agree, but at least the club is locking down long-term targets and it is much more important than signing stop-gaps for short-term benefits. Also good to know that for the right players the club is not shy to splash some cash... Jorginho, Kepa, Pulisic. Morata too, only he didn't work out so well.

It's also good to have an American player playing regularly for Chelsea. So the support from the Americans can increase for Chelsea.

Clint Dempsey and Tim Howard are the last well known Americans to play in the PL.

Just look at South Korea with Son Heung-min and Spuds. And of course, Belgians with Hazard.

11 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I see he wears No. 22. Hopefully he will keep it at the Bridge. :ph34r: You know what I mean.

Make it so!

5 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

Yup well said. However, Belgium is a tiny irrelevant country with a tiny economy. 

Um...you may piss off Belgium fans here with that comment...

EDIT: I mean, is that comment even necessary? 

Supermonkey92, Vesper and Muzchap like this

1 minute ago, kobematabryant said:

However, Belgium is a tiny irrelevant country 

Da fuq

Smdh

Guess you never heard of the EU (Bruxelles being its main HQ), nor did you see that tiny irrelevant country kick the shit out of England at the WC.

I am not very optimistic about this player, just don't see whats the fuss. But lets see how he does, I'd be happy if he can kick Willian out of the team, that itself would suffice.

Simon1991 likes this

22 minutes ago, Mana said:

Um...you may piss off Belgium fans here with that comment...

He's not wrong tho hahah

His surname… I mean he surely has some Croatian roots so what is the pronounciation of the name? Coming from Central Europe myself and knowing the languages, I find it really weird to end it with -sik.

I have no hope he'll be any good. His finishing is worse the  Willian's. 

I hope we get a shit load of US supporters and some success to keep them once Pulisic goes :P

Vesper likes this