test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

670 posts in this topic
A sitter he created for himself in a way no other current striker in America could.
End product is what strikers are judged on. Missing a sitter isn't a plus because he created the chance.

I'm sure there's a better CF than a failed prospect.

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

End product is what strikers are judged on. Missing a sitter isn't a plus because he created the chance.

At a minimum. Once you go up a level, a striker needs more than just tap-ins esp today.

thats why lukaku will have a hard time starting for a top club.

regarding creating the chance, I would  not read too much from it. Altidore flopped everywhere he played. He vanishes in tougher matches because he lacks skill. His participation is low too as he does not get involved often enough. There is only so much power gives you - like I said, still need to be able to play footy. He’s just not very good in tight spaces.

puslic belongs in a different tier. The choice to join us was very smart imo. He has everything to develop and become a great player. He will always have a hard time in the us team, well at least until a new set of players is given a shot, and deliver.

Sir Mikel OBE likes this

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

In this country? Not likely.

On 10.7.2019 at 0:12 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Interesting if true...

lol I call this BS. Pulisic is a born winger, everyone can see it. He is quick, direct, great dribbler and crosser. Also we have more than enough players who can play as a 10 but only 3 more wingers. He will definitely start on the wing this season. Pulisic only plays more or less no. 10 for USA because no one else there has the same footballing ability as him. But here at Chelsea we still have plenty of players who are much better playmakers than Pulisic. 

29 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

lol I call this BS. Pulisic is a born winger, everyone can see it. He is quick, direct, great dribbler and crosser. Also we have more than enough players who can play as a 10 but only 3 more wingers. He will definitely start on the wing this season. Pulisic only plays more or less no. 10 for USA because no one else there has the same footballing ability as him. But here at Chelsea we still have plenty of players who are much better playmakers than Pulisic. 

We already have mount, kovacic, Barkley and RLC fighting for the attacking mid position as well

Think he will play as a winger here, his 1 v 1 ability would be wasted in central areas where most often than not in games that area become far too congested. Generally more space out wide as teams will sit deep and narrow against us.

Yeah, his skill set is literally perfect for the wide positions. He most certainly won't be playing centrally. Playing him there when lots of opponents we go against will be parking the bus negates what he's best at.

We have 4 players for the #10/attacking midfield role.  

OneMoSalah likes this

Reading that he will be joining the team for the Japan preseason. Eventhough the US played him in the center for Gold Cup, he seemed like he made his best moves out wide. I think he is very comfortable there on either side.

On 11/07/2019 at 10:44 PM, Supermonkey92 said:

We already have mount, kovacic, Barkley and RLC fighting for the attacking mid position as well

Kovacic in attacking position?? That position for someone who can score goals 

Lampard seems to know how to say the right things about his players.

“I appreciate that. It’s how I would have been. It’s a big move for him to a huge club. He’s a top young player. He’s only going to go one way in terms of his career – he’s going to go up and be a big signing for Chelsea. I hope so. I look forward to working with him.

“It’s important we start the season as well as we can. I know we have injuries – people back at Cobham now that are influential players for us at similar positions, so we’ll need him.”

-Frank Lampard; source: Goal

OneMoSalah likes this

Hopefully people who have been apprehensive will be proved wrong by this Christian this season. I do hope he doesnt take the 10 shirt though. I dont know who will, few interesting numbers avaliable in the squad this season, 4, 9, 10. 

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Wow. Lad had literally no holiday, went straight back to the club. 

Thats great to see 

Great to see of course but I'm not so sure how smart that is in the long run. He isn't used to lack of winter break either. Well I guess there will be plenty of rotation in that position anyways

18 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Great to see of course but I'm not so sure how smart that is in the long run. He isn't used to lack of winter break either. Well I guess there will be plenty of rotation in that position anyways

He hasn't played huge quantities of football this season and I'm sure someone mentioned he had a 2-3 weeks break between the end of the German season and playing for America so I can't see this burning him out.

Agree with the winter break, although the Premier League is bringing some form of equivalent in this season. I'm sure Lampard will manage and rotate where necessary to keep things fresh this season.

15 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

He actually took his break after the Bundesliga season ended; took 2-3 weeks off before joining up with US for the Gold Cup last month and of course, he took another week off last week after the tournament. Think he should be fine as the Gold Cup wasn't a draining, long tournament like the World Cup and he had a decent amount of time off and I'm sure Lampard and co. will manage his game time as well.

And speaking of winter break, the Premier League will have one from this season onward (https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-winter-break-201920-when-is-it-and-how-long-does-it-last-a4166181.html) but it'll be in February as opposed to December-January like in other leagues.

Superblue_1986 likes this