Christian Pulisic

the wes

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, Jason said:

This all sounds encouraging. In fact, I'd like to add a fourth wide player of quality. Let's be able to cover absences, and to rotate freely as the manager wishes. That's the kind of power we all want.

Some might worry that such a setup would limit opportunities for Callum but actually a more powerful squad could encourage the manager to play youth more often, secure in the knowledge that the team can handle the situation. As long as the manager worries that his team can only compete when it features all of his top players, performing at the top of their game, he will always avoid using other members of his squad. As counter intuitive as it seems, a more powerful squad is better for fringe players than a weak one.

Also, we all loved it once upon a time when our squad had that kind of depth.

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 0:09 PM, Warning_Hazard said:

good signing ignore the incel keyboard fanboys/girls

This is encouraging too. Hope Christian is equally confident when he arrives. It'll help him and that can only help you to be saying, "I told you so.", a few months from now. I'm all for that. If Christian is doing the business this time next year then lay it on thick.

I think there is an unhealthy obsession with the G+A stats of Pulisic considering his age.

Far from all the top wingers of today were boasting impressive numbers when they were 20.
Robben just joined Chelsea having already had injury problems and not exactly scoring a lot in PSV, Ribery was in Brest with not too much end product, Bale was still associated with never having won a PL game for Spurs (and was often benched for Assou-Ekotto), Salah was a promising speedster in Basel, Alexis Sanchez had 5+3 in 25 games in Udinese.
There is a pluriad of examples, and I find it lazy to just look for reasons why he will fail. He might, but he can also show the development that all of the examples above did and end up one of the top wingers in the world.   

13 minutes ago, Rekin said:

I think there is an unhealthy obsession with the G+A stats of Pulisic considering his age.

Far from all the top wingers of today were boasting impressive numbers when they were 20.
Robben just joined Chelsea having already had injury problems and not exactly scoring a lot in PSV, Ribery was in Brest with not too much end product, Bale was still associated with never having won a PL game for Spurs (and was often benched for Assou-Ekotto), Salah was a promising speedster in Basel, Alexis Sanchez had 5+3 in 25 games in Udinese.
There is a pluriad of examples, and I find it lazy to just look for reasons why he will fail. He might, but he can also show the development that all of the examples above did and end up one of the top wingers in the world.   

I'm happy that we signed him. And I was hoping  that it was the start of a new trend in the way the board was thinking towards bringing in good young up and coming players so they could grow together and be a good basis for our future.

But while I do agree with what you say our problem is right now that we don;t have any player we can gotoo for either G's or A's. And as its NORMALLY the top 3 we look to just MAYBE we would have done better looking for players who can give us some.

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Finally in starting 11. Not impressed so far.

yup. did not even notice he was playing unti lthe commentator mentioned his move to us explicitly. Has been completely under the radar. Even Götze has been better so far. 

28 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

yup. did not even notice he was playing unti lthe commentator mentioned his move to us explicitly. Has been completely under the radar. Even Götze has been better so far. 

Things I like about him is his movement and hard working mentality. Opposite to Willian.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The board doing research on Pulisic

homer-marketing.gif

Looks accurate. 

Ofc I want him to be Ballon d'Or winner in a couple of years with us but based on this game even season doesn't look good. 

Actually Odoi looks much better to me. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Looks accurate. 

Ofc I want him to be Ballon d'Or winner in a couple of years with us but besad on this game even season doesn't look good. 

Main one I am watching besides Puli is Hakimi at RB, I want him so bad.