test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

1,202 posts in this topic
On 4/17/2019 at 7:58 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Hi OFG

Yes he didn't come out and say it, but as you say we know the truth.

''The surveys tell us that we're very strong on the two coasts," Buck said.

"We have some work to do in Middle America.'' 

Hopefully he will be an outstanding asset, not just financially. The bottom line is that, like all clubs, it's a business first and foremost -that means profit. 

Those quotes from Bruce are the giveaway that his comment was in answer to a question about marketing, but, yes, we're all on the same page when it comes to why we think Christian was signed. Reading between the lines, i'd say there is a widespread suspicion that there is more to this deal than is justified by Christian's ability alone. Afterall, the questioners have probably seen Christian play and so won't have failed to wonder if he's ready.

As for being interested in bottom line, that has been Chelsea's aproach for a long time now. We can't really complain however given the huge investment our club benefitted from in Roman's early years. Just wish that investment had been used even better than it was. I'm happy for the team to limit it's transfer business to self-sustaining activity only, but I really hope Roman will put some investment into the stadium.

A new stadium is vital. We must not ignore the lessons to be learned from the huge stadium mistakes made by Everton and Fulham. As a result of their shortsightedness, those two clubs who once reigned supreme in their resepctive cities, have been eclipsed by wealthier and more successful clubs. Poor old Fulham are no longer even the best team in their neighbourhood, never mind the whole city. Those who won't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. As thay say.

Vesper likes this

I cannot think of a player in world football coming into more pressure than Pulisic is walking into

given all the insane circumstances

maybe if RM or Barca signs either Neymar or Mbappe (especially RM, as Barca will probably be looking at a possible 2nd Sextuple (no other club in football world history has done it except the 2008-9 Barca and almost the 2010-11 Barca) (this  year's Barca won the Espana super Cup, are in the final of the Copa del Rey, will win La Liga, should win the CL, and the UEFA Super Cup, and will be massive favourites for the FIFA World Club Championship)

OneMoSalah likes this

On 17/04/2019 at 9:05 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Those quotes from Bruce are the giveaway that his comment was in answer to a question about marketing, but, yes, we're all on the same page when it comes to why we think Christian was signed. Reading between the lines, i'd say there is a widespread suspicion that there is more to this deal than is justified by Christian's ability alone. Afterall, the questioners have probably seen Christian play and so won't have failed to wonder if he's ready.

As for being interested in bottom line, that has been Chelsea's aproach for a long time now. We can't really complain however given the huge investment our club benefitted from in Roman's early years. Just wish that investment had been used even better than it was. I'm happy for the team to limit it's transfer business to self-sustaining activity only, but I really hope Roman will put some investment into the stadium.

A new stadium is vital. We must not ignore the lessons to be learned from the huge stadium mistakes made by Everton and Fulham. As a result of their shortsightedness, those two clubs who once reigned supreme in their respctive city, have been eclipsed by wealthier and more successful clubs. Poor old Fulham are no longer even the best team in their neighbourhood, never mind the whole city. Those who won't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. As thay say.

great post

On 17/04/2019 at 9:05 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

A new stadium is vital. We must not ignore the lessons to be learned from the huge stadium mistakes made by Everton and Fulham. As a result of their shortsightedness, those two clubs who once reigned supreme in their respctive city, have been eclipsed by wealthier and more successful clubs. Poor old Fulham are no longer even the best team in their neighbourhood, never mind the whole city. Those who won't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. As thay say.

sigh

Chelsea-new-Stamford-Bridge.jpgImage result for chelsea new stadiumImage result for chelsea new stadiumImage result for chelsea new stadium

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

sigh

Chelsea-new-Stamford-Bridge.jpgImage result for chelsea new stadiumImage result for chelsea new stadiumImage result for chelsea new stadium

Under Roman the new stadium is not going to happen why should Roman pump money into a new stadium which will create jobs in England the country Roman is not allowed into 

Vesper likes this

On 23/04/2019 at 6:34 AM, the wes said:

Under Roman the new stadium is not going to happen why should Roman pump money into a new stadium which will create jobs in England the country Roman is not allowed into 

There are one or two self-interested reasons why Roman might consider it necessary to build a new stadium, and a different reason why he might need to at least pretend he wants to build one.

1. Pure bloody-minded pride. Roman has resources and can use them to fight back. He won’t want ‘them’, whoever he feels they are, to win by reducing his club. Without the new stadium CFC will be reduced; its revenues and perceived status will decline relative to other clubs.

2. To protect his investment. If it's true, as Bruce Back insists, that Roman retains a long-term commitment to CFC, then any decline will hurt him both financially and emotionally. If we can’t compete for top honours, or even attract the players required to try, then the value of Roman’s asset will slide, along with the pleasure he gets from owning it. He’ll be forced to watch as the real worth of what he bought so expensively, dribbles away. It's unlikely that Roman disagrees about a new stadium being an important factor in preventing that happening,

On the other hand, we must concede that it is at least possible for the rumours of a sale to be true. If so, the battle to win planning permission for the stadium will have been an important bargaining chip when it comes to negotiating the right price. Therefore...

3. With permission to upgrade Stamford Bridge, the club is worth a lot more than without it. Of course, it would be worth much more still with permission, from authorities and fans alike, to build on a new site. A new site remains my preferred option. It would give the club a huge boost, whether under new ownership, or Roman’s.

Isn't converstion amazing? Imagine Christian is flitting around the web one day and that he comes across his discussion page in talkchelsea.net. He'll read this and think, "what?" On the value and quality of young sportsmen hangs multi-billion pound decisions these days.

Vesper likes this

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

sigh

We are in absolute shit state right now.

But as all things come around, sooner or later we will build this stadium and new team. New era will begin.

the wes and Vesper like this

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Imagine Christian is flitting around the web one day and that he comes across his discussion page in talkchelsea.net. He'll read this and think, "what?"

After seeing some of the vile and stupid posts about our own players that I've seen here I really do hope players and other club staff do not come across this website :D

the wes likes this

7 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

After seeing some of the vile and stupid posts about our own players that I've seen here I really do hope players and other club staff do not come across this website :D

To be honest I really don't think it would be a bad thing with certain things, the majority of it is constructive but correct criticism.

Plus I also think the majority of the team need a fucking reality check.

Vesper likes this

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just scored a neat solo goal against Bremen.

Elite speed/acceleration like that cannot be taught, while being very good technically. 

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

The lad's really talented. And there is no doubt about it. Can be a world beater on the right, something that we have been missing for a long time

Johnnyeye likes this

4 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

The lad's really talented. And there is no doubt about it. Can be a world beater on the right, something that we have been missing for a long time

I think that he should be our left winger and we should get Pepe as a right winger

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I think that he should be our left winger and we should get Pepe as a right winger

I completely agree, even if Puli hardly plays at LW, he is RF, so I much prefer him inverted, the same as the LF Pepe at RW

Pepe is unfortunately for us GONE thsi summer, 100% for sure, Lille has already said so

so we will miss out on him:rant:

get ready for non stop Pedro/Willian action until Puli gets his EPL sea-legs 

hell we might recall Moses, due to the bans (gag)

next season may be dire as fuck if a shit tonne do not step the hell up

i RLC has another back-injury go-round next year and Puli doesnt take off like a rocket, we will have extreme offensive issues (maybe we can hypnotise Kante to shoot like Lamps used to, roflmaooooo)

we are literally losing half our entire team's goals/assists when Eden signs for RM, and CHO is going to be out for ages

Just now, Vesper said:

I completely agree, even if Puli hardly plays at LW, he is RF, so I much prefer him inverted, the same as the LF Pepe at RW

Pepe is unfortunately for us GONE thsi summer, 100% for sure, Lille has already said so

so we will miss out on him:rant:

get ready for non stop Pedro/Willian action until Puli gets his EPL sea-legs 

hell we might recall Moses, due to the bans (gag)

next season may be dire as fuck if a shit tonne do not step the hell up

i RLC has another back-injury go-round next year and Puli doesnt take off like a rocket, we will have extreme offensive issues (maybe we can hypnotise Kante to shoot like Lamps used to, roflmaooooo)

we are literally losing half our entire team's goals/assists when Eden signs for RM, and CHO is going to be out for ages

Pulisic plays sometimes as a right winger at Dortmund and he did well there, so I don´t see a problem with that.

I still expect us to buy players in the summer because even if Fifa says no, we still can go to CAS and buy players at least for one more transfer window.If we manage to get Pepe, we would have solved the Hazard and Willian position. Next priority must be a world class left back or a young left back with world class potential.After that, we need a player like Aouar that can replace Cesc, So in my opinion, we need to buy Pepe, Left back and Aouar to compete with the big teams. Give Tammy and James a fair chance and we will be way better than this season

28 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I want CHO to be that LW. 

killer1257 likes this

Just now, bakayokofan said:

I want CHO to be that LW. 

I wanted that too, but CHO is injured and he will not be back for at least three months and it could take him 2 more months to get back. We are Chelsea and in these kid of situations, we always tend to buy replacements.

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Pulisic plays sometimes as a right winger at Dortmund and he did well there, so I don´t see a problem with that.

I still expect us to buy players in the summer because even if Fifa says no, we still can go to CAS and buy players at least for one more transfer window.If we manage to get Pepe, we would have solved the Hazard and Willian position. Next priority must be a world class left back or a young left back with world class potential.After that, we need a player like Aouar that can replace Cesc, So in my opinion, we need to buy Pepe, Left back and Aouar to compete with the big teams. Give Tammy and James a fair chance and we will be way better than this season

re-read what I typed

he is almost exclusive a RW

he did just start a game at LW, yesterday

but before that he had only one start there all year, v spuds in the CL when the yids smashed them

other than that he had 1 minute (so doesnt count) v Bremen and 14 minutes v Leipzig at LW all year

As for CAS going against FIFA (assuming that FIFA will not grant a deferral, and they have already said they will not, just not officially yet)

there are zero guarantees they will overrule FIFA on that, and the time is very tight, as FIFA still has not even said when they rule on our appeal

The window opens in only 7 weeks.

The only option we may have (and it is a BAD idea) is to buy and re-loan for the entire year

that is a HUGE risk for players we are going to be dropping insane money on  (Pepe alone will cost £60-70m)

killer1257 likes this

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I wanted that too, but CHO is injured and he will not be back for at least three months and it could take him 2 more months to get back. We are Chelsea and in these kid of situations, we always tend to buy replacements.

CHO is going to be out far longer than 3 months, we will be lucky to have him back by December even starting to actively train

and there are no guarantees he fully recovers, he completely ruptured his Achilles

that is a devastating injury that can take years to fully recover from, especially if he comes back too soon and blows it out again (if that happens, he might be done for good), and even then, it may permanently cost him his explosiveness, it is a total roll of the dice atm

the only positive is that he is very very young, so has lots of time to heal and also has the regenerative capacity of youth