test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

1,229 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This will be basically a transfer that costs nothing when we flog Willian for more or less this price.

willian is staying long term, last summer was the time to sell and improve, but sarri didn't want to and has kept playing him

the wes likes this

So much negativity. Brilliant signing, a potential superstar (he's only 20!) for £57.6m, which is nothing in today's market. Timing can be questioned, but if we do miss out on a Champion's League spot and end up losing Hazard, then it won't be another catabolic sh*tshow of a market trying to get anything and everything come the summer. Immense potential, great transfer!

DDA, Alabama, Fernando and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, lucio said:

willian is staying long term, last summer was the time to sell and improve, but sarri didn't want to and has kept playing him

We be luck to get £30m for Willian now I wonder if Barcelona still interested in him 

lucio and Vesper like this

It gets better! LOL

Dortmund, though they get to 'loan' him back from us for the rest of the year, DONT EVEN HAVE TO PAY A LOAN FEE, roflmaooooooooo

https://www.bvb.de/News/Uebersicht/Pulisic-wechselt-im-Sommer-zum-FC-Chelsea

Borussia Dortmund hat sich mit dem englischen Premier-League-Klub FC Chelsea auf einen Transfer des Dortmunder Offensivakteurs Christian Pulisic mit sofortiger Wirkung geeinigt. Die Briten wiederum leihen den Spieler bis zum Ende der laufenden Saison an den BVB aus.

Pulisics Wechsel wird folgerichtig erst zur Saison 2019/2020 vollzogen.

Die von Chelsea zu entrichtende Ablösesumme für Pulisic, dessen BVB-Vertrag am Ende der kommenden Saison ausgelaufen wäre, beträgt 64 Millionen Euro. Eine Leihgebühr für das kommende halbe Jahr wird für den BVB nicht fällig.

„Es war immer Christians großer Traum, in der Premier League zu spielen. Das hat sicher auch mit seiner amerikanischen Herkunft zu tun, und infolgedessen war es uns nicht möglich, seinen Vertrag zu verlängern“, sagt BVB-Sportdirektor Michael Zorc. Er betont: „Vor diesem Hintergrund haben wir uns dafür entschieden, ein – angesichts der geringen Vertragsrestlaufzeit – außerordentlich lukratives Angebot des FC Chelsea nun anzunehmen.“

„Christian Pulisic“, so Zorc weiter, „ist ein charakterlich einwandfreier Spieler. Ich bin sicher, dass er in den kommenden Monaten alles dafür tun wird, um seine große Qualität ins Team einzubringen und mit seinen Mannschaftskollegen Borussia Dortmunds sportliche Ziele zu erreichen.“

Eine Leihgebühr für das kommende halbe Jahr wird für den BVB nicht fällig.

A rental fee for the coming half year is not due for BVB.

I think it is potentially a very good signing by Chelsea. 

At 20 years old, he is far from his peak. He is for sure not good enough already to come in and be the perfect RW/LW option, but he is a talented player. He already has a lot of experience from a good team in a good league.
Many of the current star players had a lower profile than Pulisic when they were 20. 

For sure his reputation has taken a hit from how well Sancho has been playing, but perhaps that should be a reflection of Sancho's ability rather than Pulisic's lack of the same?

The price is also likely to have several clauses, and in this market it is not as expensive as it has once been. 
Chelsea needs better revenue streams if they want to keep competing, and this signing is likely to do very well in the American market. 

Overall, an ambitious purchase that will be exciting to follow.
Having said that, this should not be the only one we make. 

Fernando, Alabama and Muzchap like this

27 minutes ago, Mana said:

Oh shit, misread! I thought what I said was strange considering he is a winger.

FFS then. Still, good signing to replace Willian.

You assume Willian is leaving. I think only move Willian does is from RW to LW to replace Eden after he leaves this summer.

Let us all hope I am dead wrong on it all.

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Our board are idiots! Only thing they see is yank dollars in marketing value.

If Pulisic was marketing signing why didn't Real Madrid or Utd didn't try signing him both them clubs have done marketing signings before  or even Liverpool american owner getting him he would been their poster boy for American soccer fans he was signed cause he as great potential to be a good player klopp was chasing him for years and if klopp rates him I think hes going to be a good player for us 

Vesper, OneMoSalah and Muzchap like this

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

You assume Willian is leaving. I think only move Willian does is from RW to LW to replace Eden after he leaves this summer.

Let us all hope I am dead wrong on it all.

Nah. I don't believe Chelsea is that stupid to believe Pulisic is a perfect replacement for Hazard.

Supermonkey92 likes this

34 minutes ago, Mana said:

At least we are doing something about the CF position.

We cannot continue like this. He's no Aguero or Costa but at least he knows where the back of the net is.

Dealing with Pulisic as a winger (I already know you made a simple error on the CF thing, that's all good)

No, he doesn't know where the back of the net is really

115 games at top level 15 goals total (the chart below is not updated for his last game) and that is on a crazy high scoring pinball offensive team.

Never more than 5 in one season. Only 10 league goals in career, in 80 games

6ba747ff32ef829b1c2d2391b312770b.png

Supermonkey92 likes this

Really hope his marketing side could benefit us enough to cover for that price. Americans will be crazy about him in blue jersey, that's for sure...

One more interesting thing - his dad is Croatian, hence the surname Pulišić. Having Croatian (total-footballing nation) and American (strong drive for success) background might help him too.

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

If Pulisic was marketing signing why didn't Real Madrid or Utd didn't try signing him both them clubs have done marketing signings before  or even Liverpool american owner getting him he would been their poster boy for American soccer fans he was signed cause he as great potential to be a good player klopp was chasing him for years and if klopp rates him I think hes going to be a good player for us 

I so so hope so. I am not a Pulisic hater at all, far from it, I just think there were better options at that level of cash (and I am not happy about him staying until summer at BVD), but it is not a terrible signing, as long as we dont fuck up the rest of the next two windows.

Supermonkey92 and laura90 like this

4 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

I just meant that if you and I had a quid for every 'is monitoring' article that never came true, we both could buy matching

Koenigsegg CCXR Trevitas (almost 5m usd a pop new, now 10m plus)

Image result for Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita

Not going to shit on the deal or moan but I'm not over the moon either. So long as he isn't Hazard's replacement then I don't really see a downside to this transfer. At only 20 years old and with him being American, even if he is good but not great we'd make our money back. The whole loaning him back for the rest of the season is puzzling since as others have mentioned, he isn't a regular currently and we could use him now.

I think it's pretty clear that this was something in the works for a long while behind the scenes and that after spending such a big amount we won't be buying anyone else this month. Only outgoings like Cesc and maybe Moses & Cahill. Especially with Sarri saying (alarmingly) that we don't need a striker.

Vesper and kellzfresh like this