Christian Pulisic

the wes

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 3:08 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Watch Bayern sign him for like 25M euros or something crazy. They don't fuck about. 

They also don't pay transfer fees to German clubs if they can possibly help it. They just plan ahead, and entice players to run down their contracts.

• 2 months later...

Borussia Dortmund in talks with Chelsea over signing £50m Michy Batshuayi as Blues try to prise Christian Pulisic from German club 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5774231/Borussia-Dortmund-talks-Chelsea-signing-50m-Michy-Batshuayi.html

Borussia Dortmund in talks with Chelsea over signing £50m Michy Batshuayi as Blues try to prise Christian Pulisic from German club 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5774231/Borussia-Dortmund-talks-Chelsea-signing-50m-Michy-Batshuayi.html

This move would make a lot of sense. As an American, he has absolute massive marketing potential (in the US) and he's very good as a player as well. Not quite Eden Hazard-level talent but close.

He's not even at the level Hazard was at when he joined, so to say he's close now is going overboard.

33 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He's not even at the level Hazard was at when he joined, so to say he's close now is going overboard.

Umm I meant he has the talent to eventually become a very very good player, perhaps not as good as Hazard but his ceiling is far above Willian for example. Obviously right now he's still a kid and far away from that level, but for a 19 year old he's surprisingly good already.

Umm I meant he has the talent to eventually become a very very good player, perhaps not as good as Hazard but his ceiling is far above Willian for example. Obviously right now he's still a kid and far away from that level, but for a 19 year old he's surprisingly good already.
Another player with "potential". Unless Sarri is going to give our youth players a go, we should be interested in players with a more experience that can hopefully take us to the next level.

On 26/05/2018 at 3:18 PM, LAM09 said:
On 26/05/2018 at 3:15 PM, !Hazard! said:

Another player with "potential". Unless Sarri is going to give our youth players a go, we should be interested in players with a more experience that can hopefully take us to the next level.

I do hear what you say mate and I'm normally one for getting a more 'complete' player. But this lad does seem pretty good.

I do hear what you say mate and I'm normally one for getting a more 'complete' player. But this lad does seem pretty good.

Michy plus £20-30m isn't value. Could spend half of that, get Bailey and spend the rest on someone else.

He certainly is a decent player but hyped because of his nationality.

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Michy plus £20-30m isn't value. Could spend half of that, get Bailey and spend the rest on someone else.

He is hyped because of the way he plays. His Nationality really has little effect regarding his applaudits. His end product needs work but he can dribble around a fat Italians catholic pendant.

11 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I hope this is a joke? He is an extremely talented player, perhaps better than Bailey at the moment (I've said perhaps because Bailey looks like he has got a lot of potential too), the way he plays actually reminds me a bit of Eden in how he plays 1 v 1, always facing players up always willing to run at them, doesn't lose the ball a lot. Don't get me wrong he isn't Eden Hazard but he has that sort of look when he gets the ball out of his feet and up against players. I think he has got a lot of potential and it would be no surprise that we are probably not the only club looking at him, Bayern have been credited with an interest in the past and it would be make sense for them due to Ribery and Robbens age. 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

He is hyped because of the way he plays. His Nationality really has little effect regarding his applaudits. His end product needs work but he can dribble around a fat Italians catholic pendant.

Precisely. 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

I respectfully disagree. Talent is certainly there but we shouldn't think about spending £70m~ on that alone when better players with a track record are readily available for less.

32 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I hope this is a joke? He is an extremely talented player, perhaps better than Bailey at the moment (I've said perhaps because Bailey looks like he has got a lot of potential too), the way he plays actually reminds me a bit of Eden in how he plays 1 v 1, always facing players up always willing to run at them, doesn't lose the ball a lot. Don't get me wrong he isn't Eden Hazard but he has that sort of look when he gets the ball out of his feet and up against players. I think he has got a lot of potential and it would be no surprise that we are probably not the only club looking at him, Bayern have been credited with an interest in the past and it would be make sense for them due to Ribery and Robbens age.

Where do you see the "LOL"?

I never diminished his talent or potential, but to think he's worth £70m at 19 having shown flashes at an average Dortmund is what I find hilarious. Dembele outshone him in a season and rightfully earned a move on the back of it.

Bayern are interested in most players that show promise in Germany. There's a reason they bought Gnabry, despite him being an Arsenal reject.

17 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I respectfully disagree. Talent is certainly there but we shouldn't think about spending £70m~ on that alone when better players with a track record are readily available for less.

Where do you see the "LOL"?

I never diminished his talent or potential, but to think he's worth £70m at 19 having shown flashes at an average Dortmund is what I find hilarious. Dembele outshone him in a season and rightfully earned a move on the back of it.

Bayern are interested in most players that show promise in Germany. There's a reason they bought Gnabry, despite him being an Arsenal reject.

An average Dortmund? Fair they've not been spectacular but that doesn't mean he hasnt performed well for them. Hes been our of their better attacking players when hes played, I think its fair to see his talent etc and you've not diminished it as you've said but where are you getting 70m from? The rumours I've heard is us valuing Batshuayi at 50m and offering 20-30m with him for Pulisic? Lets not be daft yes Pulisic is young and can still improve but 20-30m and Batshuayi for a 19 year old who has shown a lot of positives including he can cut in a very demanding league at a team who have had European exposure as well in the CL and Europa League, is a pretty good deal. Think about it. And well if Bayern are interested in most players that show promise in Germany I suppose the likes of Goretzka, Hummels, Neuer, Kimmich are all just in a similar bracket eh? Were they not worth buying because they are younger/played for an "average" Dortmund/other Geramn side etc etc.... Look how good they've turned out for Bayern, they are probably one of the best teams in the world at identifying players.

If you disagree fair enough but Pulisic would be a great signing I think. He has got that huge potential and lets be honest in a few years he will be in demand and cost 50m more, its a no brainer, our wingers except Eden are 29 and 30 years old.  

Not saying Gnarby is amazing or that but, an Arsenal reject who is a German international and will maybe be in the Bayern Munich squad next season after scoring 10 goals for Hoffeinheim who finished third is not bad all things considering we have people here shouting they want to see RLC, who scored 2 goals and made 3 assists all season in a team that were potentially relegation candidates to be in the squad.... 

An average Dortmund? Fair they've not been spectacular but that doesn't mean he hasnt performed well for them. Hes been our of their better attacking players when hes played, I think its fair to see his talent etc and you've not diminished it as you've said but where are you getting 70m from? The rumours I've heard is us valuing Batshuayi at 50m and offering 20-30m with him for Pulisic? Lets not be daft yes Pulisic is young and can still improve but 20-30m and Batshuayi for a 19 year old who has shown a lot of positives including he can cut in a very demanding league at a team who have had European exposure as well in the CL and Europa League, is a pretty good deal. Think about it. And well if Bayern are interested in most players that show promise in Germany I suppose the likes of Goretzka, Hummels, Neuer, Kimmich are all just in a similar bracket eh? Were they not worth buying because they are younger/played for an "average" Dortmund/other Geramn side etc etc.... Look how good they've turned out for Bayern, they are probably one of the best teams in the world at identifying players.

If you disagree fair enough but Pulisic would be a great signing I think. He has got that huge potential and lets be honest in a few years he will be in demand and cost 50m more, its a no brainer, our wingers except Eden are 29 and 30 years old.  

Not saying Gnarby is amazing or that but, an Arsenal reject who is a German international and will maybe be in the Bayern Munich squad next season after scoring 10 goals for Hoffeinheim who finished third is not bad all things considering we have people here shouting they want to see RLC, who scored 2 goals and made 3 assists all season in a team that were potentially relegation candidates to be in the squad.... 

Potential £50m fee plus 20-30m is where I got that price tag from. This Dortmund side aren't at the level they were under Klopp, so that's why I said average in comparison.

This conversation is about preference at the end of the day, and I would much rather prefer us to spend a similar fee on someone like Fekir; has a two good seasons under his belt, more than promise at this point and has delivered in Europe.

RLC was chosen to go the WC, so that says enough about how players are perceived over here.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Potential £50m fee plus 20-30m is where I got that price tag from. This Dortmund side aren't at the level they were under Klopp, so that's why I said average in comparison.

This conversation is about preference at the end of the day, and I would much rather prefer has to spend a similar fee on someone like Fekir; has a two good seasons under his belt, more than promise at this point and has delivered in Europe.

RLC was chosen to go the WC, so that says enough about how players are perceived over here.

All very true.