test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

1,205 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

To be fair to the club, every former manager, bar one, has said he suffered no interference with team selection. The sole exception was Bobby Di Matteo who accidently let slip at a presser that he was not able to select Daniel Sturridge in the weeks leading up to his move to Liverpool.

I put that exception down to special circumstances and reckon that the club has often sacked managers but has never picked their teams.

Not saying Roman, Marina or whoever will tell Sarri who to pick but the pressure will definitely be there to pick Pulisic (a la CHO right now) especially if Willian/Pedro continue to be as inconsistent as they are.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. Will we at least get the summer to buy? If yes, who do we go for? Do we sell Hazard/CHO/Pedro/Willian? If no, then what are we gonna do with Hazard and/or CHO? Questions, questions, questions.

Vesper likes this

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Assisted Dortmund's second and scored their third in a HUGE (3-1) win over Stuttgart today.

Borussia Dortmund vs VfB Stuttgart – Highlights & Full Match

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2019/03/09/borussia-dortmund-vs-vfb-stuttgart-highlights-full-match/

mccg and Unionjack like this

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

omg i think that has to be the most inefficient performance in front of goal i have ever seen from a player. 4 great chances missed, 2 empty goals and a couple of squandered decisions on the counter attack.

sign of things to come when he gets here? hope not

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

sign of things to come when he gets here? hope not

me2 but lacks power. he goes to ground easily and his shots are youth level in terms of power. i hope he puts on some muscle and improves his shooting technique.

dortmund still won this tho ,resu scoring a brilliant winner

Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

me2 but lacks power. he goes to ground easily and his shots are youth level in terms of power. i hope he puts on some muscle and improves his shooting technique.

dortmund still won this tho ,resu scoring a brilliant winner

agree, he needs to work on his finishing and bulk up otherwise he will be tossed around in this league.

Vesper and Robchels like this

29 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

agree, he needs to work on his finishing and bulk up otherwise he will be tossed around in this league.

that is my number one concern

Johnnyeye likes this

43 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

omg i think that has to be the most inefficient performance in front of goal i have ever seen from a player. 4 great chances missed, 2 empty goals and a couple of squandered decisions on the counter attack.

Reus bailed them out

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

He does seem to lack power, but he's young enough to fix that and looks pretty good on the ball. That's to be expected of any of the many young prospects we list as potential targets, esp coming from bundesliga.

Composure, esp in defending, is really not abundant in bundesliga matches, which makes it a bit hard for me to enjoy them. There are usually a lot of sloppy plays and passing to go around... players end up with a too much space and time on the ball. No wonder they struggle in CL.

Johnnyeye likes this

He's a very rough diamond and will probably take a bit of time to settle but certainly has the potential to be moulded into a to player with the right coaching.

Reminds me a bit of Mane at Southampton, blows hot and cold but could (as Mane did) develop into a weapon of a player in the hands of the right coach.

1905didierblue and Johnnyeye like this

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 4:26 AM, Unionjack said:

Finish was good but nothing else impressive. In truth, all of the rest which wasn't ordinary, was actually unimpressive. It's not easy coming off the bench and getting up to game speed I suppose.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 8:38 PM, Tomo said:

He's a very rough diamond and will probably take a bit of time to settle but certainly has the potential to be moulded into a to player with the right coaching.

Reminds me a bit of Mane at Southampton, blows hot and cold but could (as Mane did) develop into a weapon of a player in the hands of the right coach.

Really hope you are right Tomo but I can't say I think I've seen it yet. If he fulfils the potential you and others have seen, then I think I'll enjoy it more than most because, at the moment, I'm not expecting it.

DYC. likes this

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Finish was good but nothing else impressive. In truth, all of the rest which wasn't ordinary, was actually unimpressive. It's not easy coming off the bench and getting up to game speed I suppose.

I'm not saying that he has made me go WOW yet but we have to think he MIGHT just be our main forward next season!

OhForAGreavsie likes this